All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Oh, but the gas! new
      #223728 - 11/08/05 12:31 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

aly, that's too funny. for the kittie (i have two six-month-olds), are you on good fancy kitten food? some cats are just stinky, but cheaper food can make things worse. (when my old roommate's cat ate delicat, the whole place stank.)

i can't believe i've moved to kitten digestive advice...

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#223739 - 11/08/05 01:07 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yes Beth, the gas will get better. You've probably had so much backed up in you and no its starting to come out and thats why its so stinky!! Light a match after you fart and it will take the stink away!! The gas does decrease in a couple of weeks. Stick with it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#223745 - 11/08/05 01:19 PM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I'm pretty sure its the cheap stuff....so I will look into to the better stuff if it means we can breathe in the apartment! haha...
and thanks for the kitten digestion suggestions! It's nice to talk about something other than our own bellies sometimes~!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: Cat food! new
      #223773 - 11/08/05 02:25 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'll chime in here! Good cat food DOES make a difference! I have two cats, one is a pursian and he had some dry, itchy skin problems last year. Trying to avoid an expensive vet bill, I took him to the pet store and talked with a girl there. SHe said a lot of skin and digestive problems are from "cheap" cat food. I now feed my cats Maxx Cat and not only did his skin clear up but he poops WAY less and its not stinky at all!!! Better cat food=better nutrition=cats eat less=cats poop less!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Cat food! new
      #223775 - 11/08/05 02:27 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

yeah, every time i took my kittens to the vet for their checkups, i'd be asked what i was feeding them. the vet always seemed quite pleased when i said iams.

remember, though, that you can't switch food cold-turkey. over a few days you should change over gradually - 3/4 old 1/4 new, 1/2 and 1/2, 1/4 old 3/4 new. more slowly if you think your cat will be sensitive to it.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Thanks Michele new
      #223863 - 11/09/05 07:17 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I think I gave up on it too quickly the first time. I will give it at least a month this time. Then, see what the doctor says. I hate, hate, hate being dependent on a prescription. But, maybe I won't have to be on it forever, hopefully.

I do think I must be all backed up. I haven't even gone yet today.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

The ducolax new
      #223865 - 11/09/05 07:19 AM
Augie

My new GI keeps telling me to take this. I don't want to go against his advice for fear that he won't treat me, but like you said, it's horrible with cramps and never knowing when and for how long it's going to effect you.

--------------------
~ Beth

How do you know... new
      #224069 - 11/10/05 08:31 AM
Augie

the triphala isn't working? It could be any of the things you are taking, right?

I don't think mine tastes like ketchup, but I swallow them pretty quickly.

How long have you been on Miralax now? Do you plan on taking it forever? There has to be an alternative way for us to have a stupid BM without a prescription laxative, wouldn't you think?

--------------------
~ Beth

That's a lot of Acacia! new
      #224071 - 11/10/05 08:34 AM
Augie

I can't afford all this stuff to make me go! Plus, 20 grams just sounds so high...and that's without adding in fiber from foods.

I know we can go as high as 30, but that's so much fiber. I'm only 90 pounds and half of me would be fiber!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: That's a lot of Acacia! new
      #224077 - 11/10/05 08:43 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

We're supposed to get at least 25 grams of fiber a day, just to have a healthy diet.

Beth, I'm only about 100 lbs, and I take about 20 g of fiber a day from Acacia, and I do get a fair amount of fiber in my diet as well. Granted, I'm more D than C, especially with all the magnesium my fibro doc has me on, but I don't think that getting a lot of fiber is a bad thing. It's not absorbed, regardless of it being soluble or insoluble, so maybe getting even more fiber will help move things along?

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 271 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6836

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review