All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Soy milk
      #22333 - 10/02/03 06:31 PM
Corinne

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

I am a little confused and can't seem to find this answer anywhere. Is soy milk soluble fibre? I see that soy is but is the milk? Now to be safe should I stick with the vanilla or can I branch out into the chocolate and the non-caffinated cappuccino flavours?

--------------------
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soy milk new
      #22392 - 10/03/03 01:21 PM
nicolebee

Reged: 07/13/03
Loc: South Carolina, US

I don't think soy milk itself has a whole lot of fiber, since it's just made basically from soy beans and water. My carton says it has 2 grams per serving.

As for venturing out and drinking other flavors of soy milk, it should be fine. Chocolate soy milk is made with cocoa, which most IBSers (to my knowledge) can handle just fine. Silk brand chocolate soy milk is my favorite. I've never had the cappuccino flavors, so I'm not sure on those. Coffee is a no-no for us, although some can handle it, so if it has coffee in it you should be careful. Even decaffinated coffee can cause problems.

Hope this helps

Nicole

--------------------
Nicole
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

#22395 - 10/03/03 02:25 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I am sorry, but I have to butt in here and say HI CORRINNE! Hope you have been doing well

I personally have only tried the Chocolate and Vanilla and Regular Soy Milks. I haven't tried/or seen the decaffinated ones you speak of. I have tried the Soy Sensations which are kinda nice for a change, but I am not a huge fan. You may like them though.

I really truly hate the taste of Soy Milk. I have been on this diet for 10 months now and still can't get used to the taste of soy milk.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Lana - try rice or almond milk new
      #22416 - 10/03/03 07:44 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Lana - try rice or almond milk. It may be better. The best "soy" I've ever tasted is the soy puddings. Seriously - blindfolded I could not tell it was soy. The chocolate Belsoy and President's Choice are my favourites. Try Sobey's or Zehrs if it's where you are in Canada - I'm not sure where you are.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#22417 - 10/03/03 07:47 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Soy "Milk" isn't milk at all. It's a Soy BEVERAGE and contains no dairy that I know of. Definitely branch off and try different flavours. Silk Chocolate is my all time favourite. I also like SoGood Vanilla and Strawberry. I think it's Beatrice or Parmalat but they make a really wicked cappuccino but it bothered me. There's also new fruity flavours, ... go nuts. I love the soy pudding - I like Belsoy and President's Choice brands. Seriously - they're the best choc fix I've found since Heather's Peppermint Fudge Cake.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 616

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review