All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
1 YEAR and Counting....
      #223135 - 11/04/05 07:38 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I did it!!!! I made it a year without an attack. I am so happy and excited to see if I can make it to two years. I do have to admit that I don't follow the diet to a T but I do watch what I am eating and make sure that I don't eat anything that will cause an attack. I also am finding that I am eating more foods that I couldn't eat before.

I am going to have surgery in January to remove my gallbladder due to having gallstones and alot of pain on my side. I am looking forward but am also a little nervous about the surgery.

I hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

--------------------
Michelle

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 1 YEAR and Counting.... new
      #223154 - 11/04/05 08:34 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Rock on!! I'm hoping I can make a similar post in about 10 months!

Here's to stability!

And good luck with the surgery, too.

#223220 - 11/04/05 02:37 PM
m_odonnell

Reged: 05/14/05
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I had surgery to remove my gall bladder also. The actually surgery isn't bad and the recovery is super fast. I had complications from mine because the doctor didn't catch the gall stones in time. I know with IBS, but just a warning from one gall bladder to another, really watch your fat content. I wasn't as careful and my gall stones got stuck in my Common Bile Duct and I had to go through 3 surgeries just to remove them. Not to scare you, but be really careful. If you are in severe pain and you notice your skin starting to turn yellow - call you doctor. Its a sign of Jaundice (sp?) and that is what happened to me. Wasnt fun!! Other than my bad experiance, the actual surgery went great. Also, you really need to follow the Dr.'s instructions on the diet for the weeks after. The Doctor 'forgot' to give me those instructions and my body didn't adjust to my missing gall bladder so well, which makes IBS symptoms way worse.

Good luck!

Re: 1 YEAR and Counting....Question if you don't mine new
      #223404 - 11/06/05 12:38 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

What kind of diet are you eating, say what would be a typical week of eating foods and what type of fiber are you taking any RX meds. If it's too lengthy for a post here, I'd love too see what's give you the good news, especially for a year, I still have yet to get past 27 days......:(

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Re: 1 YEAR and Counting....Question if you don't mine new
      #223594 - 11/07/05 02:52 PM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

Hi I don't mind answering your questions. Lets see what type of diet am I on. Well I just eat what I can. Like for breakfast I usually have either cereal or oatmeal and some eggs. For lunch it just depends. Right now I can get away with tv dinners like Marie Calendars or if I have left overs from the night before. I also like to try and throw in some fruit in there some where. I do usually have a snack in the morning like fruit or crackers or something like that. For dinner I usually make like meat loaf (with turkey meat), salmon, chicken, pork and have some sort of vegie and side dish with it. I have been pretty stable to the point where I can throw in some dairy like a little bit of cheese and sour cream. In fact on Saturday for my moms birthday I made sour cream chicken enchiladas for her and I was able to have some and it didn't bother me.

For meds I take metamucil every day and Zelnorm once a day. I am C so the Zelnorm helps alot. If I start feeling like I am starting to have an attack I eat ginger candy which helps relax my stomach or drink the fennel tea. I can't take the peppermint capsules because I also have Gerd and that causes me to have a bad case of heart burn.

I have also cut down on my stress level which has helped and exercising though that has been hard as I am getting over a broken ankle.

I hope this helps a little if you need anything else please do not hesitate to ask me.

--------------------
Michelle

#230135 - 12/08/05 11:25 AM
sgebhardt

Reged: 08/19/05
Loc: Alberta, Canada

Congrats! I hope I get there one day!

--------------------
Cheers!

Sher
IBS-A

#230226 - 12/08/05 04:09 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Quote:

I did it!!!! I made it a year without an attack. I am so happy and excited to see if I can make it to two years. I do have to admit that I don't follow the diet to a T but I do watch what I am eating and make sure that I don't eat anything that will cause an attack. I also am finding that I am eating more foods that I couldn't eat before.

I am going to have surgery in January to remove my gallbladder due to having gallstones and alot of pain on my side. I am looking forward but am also a little nervous about the surgery.

I hope everyone has a great day and weekend.

Congratulations! That's very encouraging news.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4601 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2173

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review