All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My day (if anyone wants to know!)
      #22249 - 10/01/03 04:01 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

hey everyone! I'm bored so I thought I'd come here and tell you guys about my day. If this starts getting too boring you can leave lol I know my life isn't too awful exciting!
So first of all I woke up feeling pretty bad just like every other day, but I still got dressed and went to school on time anyways. Now if you haven't been to a private school before, or at least if you haven't been to high school in the past 10 years, we're not allowed to leave class for any reason whatsoever, not even if you have to throw up or something. So in the mornings I take a dose of Immodium and go on.
For lunch I had a big soft pretzel and a bottle of on of those FruitWorks drinks (I highly reccomend them!!)and I had to do a lab in my science class with my cute lab partner and then I went home (FINALLY!!) and I ate a plain grilled chicken sandwich from Wendy's (if you're ever on a road trip with only fast food places around, go to Wendy's and order that!)and then I had some baby food for dessert (delicious!). I danced for a while to get my exercise for the day in while my 4-year-old sister is asleep. I have to take care of he every day and it's a huge pain! lol So that's been my day so far. Now I'm just talking to my friends and listening to Jason Mraz. Does anyone else like him as much as I do? He sings that song "The Remedy" and I'm in love with it!! Hehehe well I hope everyone else had good days too! I'd like to read about how other people's days were if anyone wants to write back!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My day (if anyone wants to know!) new
      #22276 - 10/01/03 08:37 PM
Kris

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: Vancouver Island, BC

I went to private school, and I know what you mean about the strict rules! When I was a child I had some anxiety/stomache problems, (perhaps the beginnings of IBS?). Anyhow, I got a note from my doctor, and showed it to my teacher, and was able to leave class whenever I wanted to go get air during an anxiety attack, or go to the bathroom, without having to ask. I hope that you can get special permission to leave for the bathroom when you need to, otherwise your school sounds pretty unfriendly to the human condition! My day went ok, I felt kinda gross this morning, but made it to work on time. You might get more response for your email on the Living Room Board.
Take Care!
Kris

--------------------
Be the change you want to see in the world.

#22278 - 10/01/03 08:48 PM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Hey Peaches,

Glad your day was pretty good!!!!!!

Got some tips from you.....never heard of Fruitworks drinks but am anxious to try. Also a great tip on the chic sand fr. Wendy's......(glad they're good for something...LOL!). Where do you get the big soft pretzels. Never been a great fan of pretzels......but w/give anything a try. HMMMMM, never thought of babyfood for dessert. Have cooked w/it tho. Think I once filled an angel food cake w/the junior stuff......think it was blueberry and it was delish......!

Hope tom. is another good one. Keep your eye on that cutie!!!!!!!!!! AND enjoy your music!!!

Marnie

#22282 - 10/02/03 03:52 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Jessica - you are too funny!

I didn't go to private school, but I remember I used to live off of those big soft pretzels for lunch - and that was WAY before my IBS days.

I can't believe you're not allowed to leave class! Maybe you can take Kris's suggestion and get a note from the doctor to be able to leave when necessary. Although, personally if it was me, I don't know if I'd feel comfortable with that. I'd probably feel funny if I did leave, and everyone would wonder why I got to leave when they couldn't. I don't know. It would proably be nice to know that if you REALLY need to go, you can though.

I haven't tried the Wendy's grilled chicken yet - I just saw a sign out front of BK a few weeks ago that they have some new low fat, grilled chicken sandwich. I also heard that ChicFila (sp?) has one and they're building one right near my house. (God, I miss they're waffle fries! )

I love that song "The Remedy" too! So, what's up with the cute lab partner?

Oh BTW, next time you may want to post something like this in The Living Room - it's for the non-IBS diet stuff.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3203 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 532

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review