Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: How did you NOT be like this? new
      #222936 - 11/03/05 07:57 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

Did you eat your nectarines, plums, and peaches fresh with the skin? Or canned...or cooked....how? Can you do apples or pears with or without skins on them?

Didn't the bananas constipate you?

I would think that if you are a C, you would want to eat the skins for the IF.

I eat them with the skins, but that may not work for everyone. I absolutly HATE canned fruit so I never tried it. Personally I'm more sensitive to grain/seed fiber, rather then fruit and veggie fiber(though both bother me). I eat apples with the skins on, but they do cause minor symptoms, to me it's worth it though lol..I love apples! Honestly I don't know if bananas constipate me, I've never been able to pinpoint which foods do and which don't

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A day in the life of a stable IBS-Cer new
      #223086 - 11/03/05 07:17 PM
budahbelly

Reged: 10/26/05
Loc: Virginia

When you say you stick to low fiber veggies like lettuce and tomato, what exactly is considered a "low" (vs. "high") amount of fiber (is there a specific number of grams)?
And why no grapes- do they just bother you a lot?

Thanks!

What was your "normal" breakfast and lunch?-nt new
      #223110 - 11/04/05 06:19 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

#223291 - 11/05/05 09:01 AM
fishnets

Quote:

When you say you stick to low fiber veggies like lettuce and tomato, what exactly is considered a "low" (vs. "high") amount of fiber (is there a specific number of grams)?
And why no grapes- do they just bother you a lot?

Thanks!

I don't know really, I guess just by how it feels...like raw cauliflower and raw carrots, stuff like that bothers me a bit, where lettuce and tomato doesn't. I guess I mean hard raw veggies, the softer raw veggies don't bother me. I don't like broccoli but I'm sure if I did it might bother me raw. And grapes just have a tendency to bother me, I don't know if they're higher fiber or what, but I think they're hard for many IBSers. I can eat some now, but I have to be careful with them, not eat too many risky things that day or have too many of them.

Cindy- are you asking me or someone else?

--------------------
IBS-C

Sorry, the above post is for Fishnets!-nt new
      #223292 - 11/05/05 09:16 AM
Cyndy

Do you still take Metamucil? new
      #223293 - 11/05/05 09:20 AM
Cyndy

Or are you able to remain stable without any supplements, including an SFS? I take so many things (digestive enzymes, probiotic, magnesium, Acacia) but I still hurt and am so C. I don't get it.

Do you cook your apples and fruits?

#223362 - 11/06/05 01:07 AM
budahbelly

Reged: 10/26/05
Loc: Virginia

Ahhhhh- it always comes down to trial and error! Would be SOOO nice if there was a single, clear answer... (i know, keep dreaming)
thanks for getting back to me!

Re: Do you still take Metamucil? new
      #223463 - 11/06/05 08:12 PM
fishnets

Quote:

Or are you able to remain stable without any supplements, including an SFS? I take so many things (digestive enzymes, probiotic, magnesium, Acacia) but I still hurt and am so C. I don't get it.

Do you cook your apples and fruits?

That's good that you take that stuff, but have you tried a stool softener? Cause even the Metamucil doesn't really make me un-C, it's the Colace that helps that. I don't take the Metamucil anymore cause I can be relatively stable without it(though I still take Colace). But I am considering going back to taking one dose a day, my tummy has been bothering me a little lately, plus the less gas I have the better! How long have you been taking the Acacia? Has it made any difference with any symptoms? Maybe it's not the right SFS for you.

--------------------
IBS-C

I've been on Acacia about 3 months maybe? new
      #223501 - 11/07/05 09:14 AM
Cyndy

I read such good things about it. I know AstroChick and Bamagrl (both C) love it!

I would think if you went back on Metamucil you would get more gas.

Oh, do you cook your apples, and other fruits? You never said. That would be so cool to just bite into a nice juicy pear or apple, peel and all!

Fishnets, the above post is for you, babe! new
      #223503 - 11/07/05 09:16 AM
Cyndy

By the way, what is your "real name"? Or if you don't want to say that's fine too!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3026 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7098

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review