Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
After surgery update
      #222110 - 10/30/05 10:00 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Hi all,
It's been a day and a half since my laproscopy/colonoscopy and I'm very, very sore, my tummy hurts and is bloated and my incision site hurts The weiredest thing, I have had two colonoscopies in the past and each time the Dr. has come out with an update and pictures, this time, the Doc didn't my husband had to have him paged and he just said we didn't find anything.........well, I know I did't have cancer or anything like that, but he was real vague and didn't want to talk? I'm starting to wonder if I even had the colonoscopy done. I know I had the lapo/I've got the incisions, but I did have anesthesia so I don't know what the heck went on. Also, after the anesthesia, I have absolutely no appetite and I really don't want to screw up my IBS, I started my fiber yesterday and ate, light, toast, rice, pealed apple, today I had my fiber and oatmeal, but really have no appetite, I know anesthesia can do that to you, but does anyone know for how long, I hate to go 5-6 days without a BM and than have a horendous one with pain and stuff, I don't think my tummy could take that. I've still very woozy..........I will let everyone know something when I have any reports. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.

Cheryl

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: After surgery update new
      #222112 - 10/30/05 10:37 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Glad to hear that you made it! I have mine next Tuesday, so I will keep you updated. Your loss of appetite may be from the laproscopy. I wonder why the doc didn't want to talk about the colonoscopy. I guess if they don't find anything, they don't care......I don't know. He may be waiting for the biopsy results. My doctor never tells me anything. I have to wait for the letter to come in the mail.
I hope you feel better really soon!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#222113 - 10/30/05 10:38 AM
aimsies

Reged: 10/20/05
Loc: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I am sorry to hear that you are feeling pretty yucky, but just think about what you have gone through. I know that when I had anesthesia for an appendectomy I wasn't very hungry for about 7 days. I started by eating things like oatmeal and peeled pear and soup. I found that my stomach had shrunk and I simply did not have the appetite that I usually had. However, after about a month I was back to eating my usual. As for the BM, I know how crappy (excuse the pun) it is to have a huge, hard BM. Trust me, I have experience in that area. That is why I try to eat applesause and peeled pear, cooked carrots and oatmeal. I would reccomend using some vaseline down there when you finally do have to go.
Remember, things will get better, There are lots of people who can empathize with what you are going through. Stay strong and try to stay in good spirits. God bless.

Amy

#222466 - 11/01/05 08:39 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, Cheryl -

I'm glad you made it through your laproscopy/colonoscopy. Are you feeling any better this week? I'm thinking of you!

Re: After surgery update Still no BM, getting worried new
      #222552 - 11/01/05 11:42 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Okay, it's 4 days post surgery and no BM, now I know I was cleaned out completely, and for the first couple of days I didn't eat a lot, very nauseous, but I'm getting worried, I called my GI guy, who still thinks I'm taking Zlenorm for my Diarrhea??? And they said to take a cupful of magnesium citracte, that's the same crap you clean yourself out with, I don't want to do that again and not poop for 4 days!!! I have been good with my SFS and SF. But now, because my incision is in my belly button, my over bloated belly is starting to hurt and I'm getting very nauseated. What can I take to have a BM, I'm also starting to get my left colon spasm................Oh, how I hate this. I will give further updates as the results come in, but my guess, just like for the past 17 years, they won't find anything that they feel should cause the pain I have and I'm back at square one..........
Cheryl, who needs to have a BM!!!

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Are you not eating IF? - nt new
      #222568 - 11/01/05 12:09 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7535 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 649

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review