All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Soluble Fiber
      #222001 - 10/29/05 11:53 AM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

When I had just begun to come off of the BTC diet, I would feel good and stabalized, but it's weird because, whenever I would eat anything safe (SF) I would bloat, but then the next morning the bloating would be gone completely.
It's almost like when I am on this diet, I am mostly fine in the mornings, but that's it.
Is that strange or anything? The diet works for me in this way, but once I eat something as safe as SF correctly, I sometimes still bloat. It will last all day and then disappear once the morning comes, until I eat something.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Soluble Fiber new
      #222036 - 10/29/05 04:51 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

my stomach is also flat when I wake up and as bloated as a pregnant lady when I go to sleep at night. But I am stable and it doesn't hurt, so I just ignore the bloat. You are not alone. I think alot of the bloat is water retention, because SF absorbs water.

#222038 - 10/29/05 04:55 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It's possible to need to look again at HOW to eat, as well as what to eat. Small meals, frequently, chewing slowly, only sipping drinks, nothing really ice cold, etc.

Plus, it's not that unusual for breakfast to be an issue - your tum's been empty for 8 hours or so which is a heck of a long time for an IBSer. Try having a pre-breakfast...a tiny snack of very safe foods as soon as you get up and then wait a bit before you have a full breakfast (note that by full breakfast I mean something like a bowl of oatmeal NOT a full fry-up ).

Also, have you trid lots of fennel tea, probiotics or digestive enzymes? And how much water do you drink?

#222047 - 10/29/05 05:18 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I can't drink fennel tea it gives me a rash. I do take peppermint caps and I think they help. I also do eat small meals and snacks all day. I drink a lot of water, probably almost a gal a day between meals, not with meals. I use digestive enzymes also. I think my main problem is that i am really thin. 5'10" and 126lbs, so any amount of anything is going to poke my stomach out. The only reason I blame it on the water, because on days when I don't drink too much water my stomach is not as bloated.

I drink so much water, because I have migraine headaches, take heavy painkillers, and worry about my kidneys and liver.

#222056 - 10/29/05 06:51 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Try drinking peppermint, chamomile and other herbal/fruit teas instead of water. The warmth can often make a big difference and you get the same amount of fluids.

And you do sip your water, yes?

#222065 - 10/29/05 07:51 PM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

Okay, I'll try and be careful
I remember one time I was just getting off of the BTC diet which went well, and I was bloated all day, until I just ate a raw carrot. Then suddenly, the bloat just went away. This happens to. It's still good though? Means I'm on the right track. I hope it means that I will soon be able to control the bloating altogether. Not just in the mornings.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7674 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 867

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review