All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bump How do I get back on course after my surgery???
      #221154 - 10/25/05 10:45 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Hi all, thanks for the tips and well wishes. I may even drink a Mountain Dew, just to be a little crazy since it's been almost two years since I've had caffeine..........Anyway, how on earth to I attempt to get my tummy back on track after all the cleaning out and the anesthesia and surgeries? Do I dive into a bunch of SF, or should I do the what to eat when you can't eat anything diet? I know how I get when I have D and if I got 5-6 times when I have an attack, I usually don't have another BM for about 2-3 days, so I'm sure it will take a while to have one, so how do I get to that point as comfortably as possible with eating habits. Any all all suggetions would be appreciated. Sorry guy and gals, but my surgery is tomorrow and I want to ease into the food thing again, am I too assume everyone agreed with the one response and just start with the WTEWYCEA diet and my citrucel? Also, any suggestions for a raw bottom, started prep today and it's killing me OH LORD I hate having this stupid disease

Cheryl
Cheryl

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Edited by LtDanFan (10/27/05 11:45 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How do I get back on course after my surgery??? new
      #221185 - 10/25/05 12:16 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Personally, I'd do a day or two of WTEWYCEA and then add the other stuff back in, but be EXTRA careful about no triggers and only very safe IF. Take your SFS as soon as you are able to.

You might also want to do a course of probiotics if you don't anyway as I can't see how all that trauma can be good for the friendly bacteria! Can't hurt, anyway.

Bump How do I get back on course after my surgery??? new
      #221609 - 10/27/05 12:28 PM
LtDanFan

Hi all, thanks for the tips and well wishes. I may even drink a Mountain Dew, just to be a little crazy since it's been almost two years since I've had caffeine..........Anyway, how on earth to I attempt to get my tummy back on track after all the cleaning out and the anesthesia and surgeries? Do I dive into a bunch of SF, or should I do the what to eat when you can't eat anything diet? I know how I get when I have D and if I got 5-6 times when I have an attack, I usually don't have another BM for about 2-3 days, so I'm sure it will take a while to have one, so how do I get to that point as comfortably as possible with eating habits. Any all all suggetions would be appreciated. Sorry guy and gals, but my surgery is tomorrow and I want to ease into the food thing again, am I too assume everyone agreed with Linz's response and just start with the WTEWYCEA diet and my citrucel? Also, any suggestions for a raw bottom, started prep today and it's killing me OH LORD I hate having this stupid disease

Cheryl

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain, bloating..but, I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me.

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia

Tucks for your sore bum...they have one with witchhazel in it which is soothing. ~nt~ new
      #221617 - 10/27/05 01:29 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Are you doing okay with the prep?? new
      #221626 - 10/27/05 02:47 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

My prep is in 12 days and I dread it soo bad!! I haven't done this in 12 years!! What symptoms are you having besides the Big "D"???? I hope it goes well for you!!! Let us know how you do! I don't know how to get back on track after the cleaning out process, either. I wish someone would respond......I'm afraid to go back in and start taking my Citrucel 3 times a day again when I stop it for the prep! I don't know.......
Good Luck~! Will be praying for you!!!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Thanks, Linz! new
      #221627 - 10/27/05 02:50 PM
anlikerm

I was hoping you would reply to this one! I'm soooo scared of doing this, and it's still 12 days away!
Lord, help me~!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Are you doing okay with the prep?? Michelle new
      #221636 - 10/27/05 03:52 PM
LtDanFan

Hi Michelle
It's only been 5 years since I've done it, but I don't miss it at all. I'm am soooo drained, my doctors did 2 days of only liquids and my surgery isn't until 1:30 tomorrow afternoon, talk about dehydrated. My bottom is soooo sore, it feels like it's ripped to shreds, and every time I urinate it only adds to the burning, sorry for the graphics, but I am soooo thristy. I don't know what cleansing you are taking, but I do the Fleet Phosfa Soda, I can't drink the go-lytley, it makes me vomit........Right now I just want to go to bed until I leave to go to the hospital tomorrow. I have to be there at 11:30 they are doing two surgeries, an exploratory on my stomach and the colonoscopy. Right now, I just want to eat.........Keep the vaseline, and tucks pads close by and don't be far from the toilet!!!! Good Luck to you
Prayers,

Cheryl, who's dashing off the the toilet again

--------------------

Re: Are you doing okay with the prep?? Cheryl new
      #221642 - 10/27/05 04:05 PM
anlikerm

hehehehe.......Yea, my doc told me to do the Fleet prep, too. I'm glad it's not making you throw up. That's what I was so scared of.....I don't want to be doing "both"! I'm having both procedures done, too! Wow.....what a coincidence. I'm going under general anesthesia because of all my meds and I have to check in at the hospital at 6:00am!!!. Are you going under, as well?? I'm sooo scared......I'm glad you're doing okay, though. I will pray that your procedure goes well, tomorrow. Sucks that it's not until the afternoon, though. The wait is painful, I know!! Please email me (merchantg@comcast.net) and let me know how it went. I will need some encouragement when I do my prep. Maybe you should have gotten ya some pedialyte for the dehydration......
Praying for you!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Bump How do I get back on course after my surgery??? new
      #221670 - 10/27/05 05:30 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

ok...here's my tip for the raw bottom!

Neosporin. Just a tiny bit. It is in a petroleum jelly base, which is very soothing, and has the antibiotic that will help prevent infection due to the broken/raw skin. Works for me!

Re: Are you doing okay with the prep?? Michelle new
      #221673 - 10/27/05 06:05 PM
LtDanFan

I e-mailed you privately. Just wanted to let you know and thanks meep for the neosporin, I love neosporin.

Cheryl

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1946 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2593

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review