All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Amenorreah
      #220947 - 10/24/05 10:59 AM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

Maybe I'm over-reacting, but I haven't had my period for 3 months!! I used to be very regular, and I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this maybe due to the sudden change in diet?
I'm quite concerned. Should I have a specific test done? What do you think might be wrong. Or should I wait.

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Amenorreah new
      #220948 - 10/24/05 11:02 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Do you know how much you're eating each day? You should keep track of how many calories you're having, cause if you're not eating enough that can cause it. Or maybe you're pregnent!

--------------------
IBS-C

#220951 - 10/24/05 11:06 AM
Lucrece

I'm eating enough, because I actually stopped the IBS diet for a while just to see if my period would return. ..I'm still waiting. Do you think I have a problem with my ovaries or something??
And, I'm not pregnant. I had a bad break-up a while ago and I am only dating someone now.

--------------------
IBS-C

#220959 - 10/24/05 11:25 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I think you should talk to your doctor about this. Obviously, you're worried about it and I think it's important to see a doctor when it comes to any unexplained change in your menstrual cycle. A lot of things can cause your periods to stop: birth control, stopping birth control, stress, poor nutrition, depression, hormones, just to name a few. He/she should do a pelvic exam and take a blood and urine sample, ask about your diet, medical history, stress. Only your doctor will be able to figure out what's wrong and help you figure out the appropriate treatment.

#220965 - 10/24/05 11:45 AM
Lucrece

Ah. Alright. I am never satisfied at the doctor's office though. But maybe I'll get some tests done. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this.

--------------------
IBS-C

#220969 - 10/24/05 12:15 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

The IBS-diet should not cause amenorreah. See your doctor to investigate. Other factors are involved.

The IBS-diet is very nutritionally sound should the adherent make sensible selections/choices and consume enough calories.

Kate, IBS-D.

#220974 - 10/24/05 12:38 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

I had this happen when I was a senior in high school and I lost some weight and was stressed out about my parents' divorce. If your gyn is like mine, they'll give you a pregnancy test (even if it is going to be negative) and then some hormones. Actually, the hormones did nothing for me - I gained the ol' freshman 15 lbs in college and the period came right back.

Short form: get it checked out, and it's probably nothing. The tests (at least then) are not invasive.

--AC

#221004 - 10/24/05 02:00 PM
Lucrece

Okay, I understand. Thank you very much. I was just worried that I might have something other then IBS, although the diet seemed to work (at first.) I think I might have lost weight, but I can't tell, because of my bloating symptom. But I was thinking that I could have malabsorption, because I've been getting numbness in my fingers lately? Like, one finger would turn white and a little numb, and I'm usually cold.
I think I'm just overly-concerned. Because the diet did work! But I became too nervous, I guess.
But thanks again.

--------------------
IBS-C

#221043 - 10/24/05 07:12 PM
Faye2

Reged: 04/28/05
Loc: USA

I have amenorreah too right now and my doctor said that I was overexerting myself. I eat a ton but I'm still at a too low weight to get my period because I'm a runner. I haven't had mine for 6 months now and so I have stopped running for the time being. Mostly I just don't have enough fat on my body. I'd definatly talk to your doctor though just to make sure it's not something worse!

--------------------
~*Faye*~ ^-^

#221047 - 10/24/05 07:17 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

Okay, I understand. Thank you very much. I was just worried that I might have something other then IBS, although the diet seemed to work (at first.) I think I might have lost weight, but I can't tell, because of my bloating symptom. But I was thinking that I could have malabsorption, because I've been getting numbness in my fingers lately? Like, one finger would turn white and a little numb, and I'm usually cold.
I think I'm just overly-concerned. Because the diet did work! But I became too nervous, I guess.
But thanks again.

That's a sign of not getting enough calories and/or being dehydrated. Could you post what you eat in a day? I think that would be helpful.

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2517 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2863

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review