All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: thats what I thought but... new
      #221411 - 10/26/05 10:49 AM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

It can't be! I missed my period the first time because, I was starting out on Heather's diet, and I was letting myself go hungry a little. However, since then, I've stopped the diet because of my concern, and now I have increased my appetite! I'm eating everything, maybe even more then required, and I've stopped running as well. I had just been waiting for it to return, but nothing has happened.

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Amenorreah new
      #221416 - 10/26/05 11:09 AM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

How much do you weigh and how tall are you? There's no way a diet alone can change your menstrual cycle. A change in body composition, however, can very easily cause your period to stop. Stress can also do this. I know you said you've been eating more lately, but it takes some time to change your body. Just like going on a diet won't make you lose 5 dress sizes after a week, eating more and exercising less isn't going to increase your body fat and make your period come in a short period of time either. For now, I wouldn't worry too much about it. As far as I know, amenorrhea is not a symptom of any major illness or disease.Try eating more for a while and relax, give it some time.

--------------------
Kim

You stopped eat for IBS... new
      #221418 - 10/26/05 11:12 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

...according to Heather's diet because you think it might help get your periods back?

How do you feel eating anything? Are you eating dairy and meats and candies and everything yummy like lasagna and pizza?

Re: You stopped eat for IBS... new
      #221419 - 10/26/05 11:25 AM
Lucrece

I didn't stop Heather's diet because I thought it was unhealthy or anything, but I just thought I needed more foods containing fat or sugar. Or something! Because I was thinking that maybe just relaxing, and not obsessing over soluble fiber, and if I'm doing things right, would help reduce stress, etc.
How do I feel eating anything? Horrible. Not sick or anything, but I feel very bloated/constipated. I want my period to come very much now, so I can proceed with trying to subside the depressing symptoms or IBS.

--------------------
IBS-C

I don't get my periods either... new
      #221422 - 10/26/05 11:35 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

...and the doctor keeps telling me I need more fat in my diet. I'm talking butter, steaks, mayo, cheese, salad dressings, etc...

And decadent desserts!

So, you still don't eat dairy or trigger foods, per se, just more fat, more safe desserts...

You aren't eating SF before IF either anymore...or taking an SFS before IF foods?

I Know I stress too much about this and I cut back so much on my eating because I don't always have a SF source with me to eat beforehand...so I don't eat anything. Or, I'm so full by the time I eat the SF that I don't have room for the IF which results in more constipation problems. I don't know what to do about this problem.

Re: I don't get my periods either... new
      #221427 - 10/26/05 11:40 AM
Lucrece

No, I am completely off of the diet, so I'm eating everything, in hopes that my period will return. Even dairy. (That really hurts though.) No SFS or anything like that. But I am definately going back on it if my period ever comes back.
I know exactly what you mean!!! I always get too full after eating the SF. Especially in school, I only need to bring a little to eat because I fill up so easily, I try and have my IF during supper although I get full SF staple such as rice, and then end up over-eating and become bloated.
It basically means that our stomachs have shrunk from eating less. Not a big deal at all. It just makes it extremely easy to become full.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Amenorreah new
      #221711 - 10/28/05 05:26 AM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi!
I would suggest seeing your doctor and having him/her run hormone tests, etc. just to rule that out. But, as with any change (even one back to a higher fat diet), your body needs time to adjust and to be able to know that you will continue to give it the right kind of fuel. So, it may be that your body is waiting to know that you will maintain this regimen and, once it is convinced, you will begin menstruating again.

There are many plausible explanations-too many to even list-so it would be best to see your doctor, have him/her run some tests, and work from there. Just recently, more studies have come out clearly demonstrating that psychological stress can, in fact, suppress monthly periods.

Good luck, and take care!

Kristen

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 544 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2888

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review