All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A Question for the Ladies??
      #220849 - 10/23/05 03:45 PM
911Lisa

Reged: 09/27/05
Loc: North Carolina, USA

I have had 4 days of indescribable pain since I started my period..do IBS symptoms worsen during this time? I am IBS-C mostly complicated by a severe case of diverticulosis. This weekend I have had excruciating pain starting in my left side radiating to my rectal area. Pardon my french..it's been hell. I don't think this robinol is helping. I'm just ready to quit eating at all so it won't hurt any longer. I'm normally an optimistic upbeat person, but this is about to defeat me. I am taking Heather's acacia regularly and the fennel tea...any suggestions? Do any of you have the rectal pains as I described? God bless all of you...
Lisa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A Question for the Ladies?? new
      #220855 - 10/23/05 05:15 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Yes, my IBS-d seems to act up around the time of my period too! I do not have as bad of pains as it sounds like you have. Good Luck and in a few days hopefully they will subside!

#220865 - 10/23/05 06:37 PM
flgrlnnyc

Reged: 05/28/05
Loc: nyc

i am ibs-d and i do have the pain that you describe. It is horrible...it feels like a sharp pain shooting up.....i get them frequently. I don't know what makes it stop...but you are not the only one that gets this pain.

#220891 - 10/24/05 06:43 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I don't have a uterus -- but I have just gotten through a nearly week long session of these kinds of pains. It was really bad - intense shooting pains. It was bad enough the last couple days that I planned on going to the doctor -- but now it has gone away...

So I am assuming it might have something to do with my cycle. I get them every now and then. I decided to start writing them down so I can try and track if it is related to my cycle. (which I can't *see* anymore)

#220895 - 10/24/05 07:32 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Lots of women have flare-ups during/before their period. It's a hormonal thing. Yay. With that said, if you are experiencing pain, I would highly recommend tons of good hot strong peppermint tea. It has a pain reliever in it, and can work extremely well for me. When you feel your worst, there's nothing wrong with retreating back to the "what to eat when you can't eat anything" chart on this website. Be kind to your tummy for a day or two and stick to comforting, soluble fibre foods. Just don't let it go for more than a day or so. Start slowly adding back fruits and veggies and protein - the safest way possible. Cook, peel, mash and puree.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1514 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1037

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review