All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
there is no "trying" about it ... new
      #220713 - 10/21/05 07:36 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I have been taking tons of Imodium on a daily basis, ever since I first got really sick (July 2004). Early on I did use Pepto a couple times, but it never helped a speck. I was just wondering if it was supposed to do anything from the post-infectious standpoint, or if it was supposed to help curtail the D.

For the first time, though, I have to wonder -- if this is post-infectious, then what was the infection? I mean, if I got this sick AFTER the initial infection, shouldn't I have been deadly ill with the hypothetical initial infection?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: there is no "trying" about it ... new
      #220725 - 10/22/05 06:38 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

The Pepto just helped curtail the D in my case. I've never had the impression it helped with the post-infectious IBS.

I'm probably not telling you anything you don't know, but the way it was explained to me, after food poisoning of the sort that brought on my post-infectious IBS, it can take a looong time for all the good flora to be back in the GI system. I wasn't deadly ill after my food poisoning, but I do remember feeling just awful for several days after.

Re: from anti-depressants to Pepto Bismol new
      #220740 - 10/22/05 08:46 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I think I would definitely talk to the GI or his nurse about the miscommunication. He said there was nothing wrong and then sends the other doc some info on the biopsy with a problem?? He should have discussed this with you, too. I hate docs that are incompetent.

Another thing you could do is talk to your regular doc and tell him the miscommunication problem and maybe he would contact the GI for you and find out what's going on.

In any case, I think you need to get this straightened out or you will never be able to rest.

Pepto only helps me with nausea, I really don't know why he told you to take that.

If you truly feel that you are depressed your regular doc should be able to prescribe something to help you.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

infectious part of post-infectious new
      #220755 - 10/22/05 02:14 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I am probably not being too clear here. I guess what I was getting at is post-infectious means that I had an infection in the first place, right? Well, I started to gradually have stomach problems -- mostly just some unpleasant gurgling and D-ish moments after eating fast food. And then one day my digestive system just seemed to pretty much give up and I was having D all the time. That's where I've been for over the last year. There was never any point where I got sick. I mean, like you mentioned having food poisoning -- I NEVER had anything like that.

Anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter. Just wondering if I did have an infection bad enough to launch me on this why I wouldn't have noticed. You know?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: infectious part of post-infectious new
      #220776 - 10/22/05 08:13 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

You may benefit from probiotics. They help the healthy bacteria form in your gut. Have you ever given them a try? Also -- I may have missed it in another post -- but are you on any fiber?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1208 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4296

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review