All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
need help
      #220149 - 10/18/05 03:34 PM
yankeebelle

Reged: 10/18/05

I am a new IBSer(D), and a new poster and have read Heathers books and have read almost every single post on this website . I do have a few additinal questions if someone would be so kind as to answer them:
1. I started taking fiber. Benefiber to be exact and I was wondering how much is too much to begin? I am now taking 4 pills a day.. Is this good for a beginner?
2. I am traveling by plane on Thursday and I was wondering if I could get some advice for snack foods to bring and just how generally to stay symptom free for the flight.
If someone could help I would much appreciate it..

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: need help new
      #220160 - 10/18/05 04:22 PM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Hi and Welcome. To be symptom free ( hoping you mean by not having D on the plane) you could try taking immodium. It should slow you down or stop you until later. I use immodium quite often for this reason and even for a work day. For snacks you could bring Premium soda crackers, some banana bread (or other breads made from the recipes here).Also if you can bring water and drink plenty of it for dehydration from the plane and immodium. Water also helps to prevent jet lag. Hope this helps. Take care. Sue

#220188 - 10/18/05 08:18 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

I used the Benefiber powder form before I bought Heather's Acacia. I started both really slow then built up..now I take 15gm of Acacia. 1T in the am and 1T at night. If your symptoms (D) are under control on the amount you take great! I take immodium daily and always have a couple Luna bars in my purse for quick snacks. Good luck on your trip and let us know how you make out.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Thanks so much! new
      #220233 - 10/19/05 08:00 AM
yankeebelle

Reged: 10/18/05

Thanks so much for all the good advice! Also thank you for being so welcoming. I will let you know how everything went! Hope you all are well. God bless.

#220241 - 10/19/05 08:43 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

I'm mostly IBS-C, but I can go pretty quickly to D if I'm under stress (and an airline trip can count as that for me!). You might want to consider bringing along peppermint tea bags and/or Altoids (if you don't have heartburn or acid problems) to take during the flight, and bring along something ultrasafe (white bread, Honeycomb cereal, etc.) to nosh on. Oh, and a really engrossing book helps a lot too!

--AC

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2968 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1183

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review