All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Still having pain after 12 years
      #219609 - 10/15/05 12:44 PM
lkwas

Reged: 09/11/05

Hello
I've been an IBS sufferer for 12 years now. After the birth of my son all went awry with my system. I've had constipation all my life but within the past few years I've
become better. I have invested in Heather's book and other
products from her as well as health food stores, but, for some reason I still have days that I get intense pain a few hours after I've eaten and I don't know why. I've done alot
of trial and errors with all kinds of food and yet still I will have days where I get intense pain, Bloating, nausea,
and the list goes on. If anyone can Enlighten me on what
other avenues I can take I would appreciate it Greatly.
Thank you Lkwas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Still having pain after 12 years new
      #219621 - 10/15/05 02:49 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Wow, that's a long time to be hurting. Poor thing. Have you been diagnosed w/ ibs? Are you sure that's what it is?

#219705 - 10/16/05 01:50 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

You have to remember that there are many IBS triggers outside of what food you eat, from eating too much to the weather! So it can be very hard to control everything all the time. Also, you do need to check and recheck labels to make sure you're not getting food triggers in by accident.

Are you on a SFS? They've really helped me stay stable over rough patches.

#219743 - 10/16/05 06:34 PM
tcollins

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Mississippi, USA

Have you been told you have IBS?

#219766 - 10/16/05 08:55 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

Wow, my IBS came on after the birth of my child as well. I mean, the day after, in the hospital. I was hoping that in time, maybe my system and hormones would recover from the pregnancy and my GI tract would get back to normal but no such luck.

--------------------
Dana

I wish I could enlighten us both! new
      #219869 - 10/17/05 11:11 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I, too, have been in pain for years without being able to figure out one single trigger or problem foods.

What did you do to make your C better these past few years?

What supplements do you find helpful? I've wasted tons of money at the HFS and they haven't done anything to help the daily pain, gas, constipation, etc.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: I wish I could enlighten us both! new
      #220065 - 10/18/05 11:08 AM
lkwas

I started to take metamucil for the constipation and it was keeping me regular but I still get those days when I don't go. As for supplements ,I too, have tried many but I can't say anyone particular works. I recently bought a product by the Renew Life Company Called : IBS. Its two bottles of Herbs and you take two in the morning and two at bedtime.
I'll let you know if it works. Good Luck!! Lkwas

#220067 - 10/18/05 11:16 AM
lkwas

Wow, its funny to hear some else has experienced the exact same thing as you. Of course, I wasn't singling myself out I just didn't think this could happen. I just look forward to the day it ends because I have heard of some people having it and then it goes away. I recently started a new product by the Company Renew Life its called IBS. You take two herb tablets in the morning and two in the evening. I'm hoping it will help. Good luck and Good Health. Lkwas

#220071 - 10/18/05 11:24 AM
lkwas

I have been taking Metamucil daily ,but, for some reason it doesn't always work for me. Otherwise I do drink alot of water and herbal teas. Do you use anything in particular? Thanks Lkwas

#220078 - 10/18/05 11:35 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Ah...Metamucil is based on psyllium which is notoriously harsh and gas-producing. It *can* be good for C but not many people can tolerate it as their main SFS. You might want to swap some of your SFS dosage for something gentler like Acacia (which is what I take).

#220098 - 10/18/05 12:27 PM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

I was so glad to hear that someone else suffered just after pregnancy as well. I have only heard of this happening one other time. I have a feeling it has to do with hormones.

I will look up that Renew Life product and see what I think of it. I sure hope it works for you.

Good luck to you

--------------------
Dana

I think those products contain skullcap new
      #220099 - 10/18/05 12:30 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I have them sitting at home and was afraid to take them because of the skullcap. I've read bad things about it.

Let me know if it helps you.

#220153 - 10/18/05 04:04 PM
tcollins

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Mississippi, USA

I think I tried Metamucil years ago. I drank it with orange juice (yuck!) and it didn't help at all.

Terry

Re: I think those products contain skullcap new
      #222628 - 11/01/05 04:48 PM
lkwas

Yes, this product does have skullcap in it but I'm finding it to be helpful. I'm at least halfway through the two bottles and after going through a major hurricane for the past week and not having electricity for 8 days I'm not in to much pain considering the pain and discomfort I experienced last year, it was alot worse. So I am contributing my better symptoms to the fact that these herbs are helping me especially at this time. Good Luck and Good Health Lkwas

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1027 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1603

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review