All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Sweating
      #219360 - 10/13/05 11:59 AM
ChristineO

Reged: 09/09/05

Just wondered if many of you experience profuse sweating (especially from the neck up through your hair)? This has been happening to me about 50% of the time lately and is so annoying, but I was curious to know what causes it. I'm still on the diet, and the main help has been that when I do have attacks of D, they are usually not as painful. So I'll stick with it, hoping that in time I'll get some form of balance between anxiety, D & C. If you get those sweating attacks, let me know.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sweating new
      #219363 - 10/13/05 12:03 PM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

I sweat constantly, but don't think it is connected with my IBS. I am having some hormonal issues related to my migraines and have tried to attribute my sweating to this. My temp also fluctuates between normal and 101 constantly. Hope this helps somewhat.

Joy

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#219366 - 10/13/05 12:11 PM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

I had trouble with sweating too. It was when my IBS got real bad. I'd wake up in the middle of the night drentched in sweat. the only thing I could think of was that my body was trying to rid itself of toxins since I was so constipated. Since I've been stable, no more sweating. Also, ask your GI doc. Hope this helps!! Kee

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#219367 - 10/13/05 12:17 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Are you talking about sweating when you're mid-attack? That's pretty normal as it's a stressful experience.

Otherwise, you need to see your doc as it could be due to a hormonal imbalance.

#219387 - 10/13/05 01:49 PM
ChristineO

I've had IBS for many years, but it's only in the past year or so that I've noticed this horrible sweating. It happens usually very shortly after a severe D attack begins and lasts for one or two hours. It is focused on my neck area and goes up to my hair, so that all my makeup comes off and every hair on my head is wet. It's not because I am hot, nor do I feel it is hormonal. The doctor pretty much told me he doesn't know what else to do for me after the colonoscopy, which is why I got desperate and searched the boards to find this site and diet. I haven't been able to work in 2 months and am barely able to survive financially. My job is telling me I must come back next week, so all I can do is pray and hope I make it. I'm so glad you all understand, because most other people don't. One person told me to wear Depends. They don't realize this is just not a tiny D problem that goes away in 5 minutes. I appreciate all of your answers.

#219389 - 10/13/05 02:14 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well you should get it checked out - I don't know how you would tell w/out tests whether it was hormonal or not.

Are you on the diet? Are you taking a SFS? Do you take Immodium as a daily preventative?

#219394 - 10/13/05 02:23 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I sweat like crazy when I am having a bad attack. Sometimes I have to take my clothes off. Luckily the sink is close to the toilet so I turn on the cold water and try to cool myself off with it. It's worse than hot flashes.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#219397 - 10/13/05 02:33 PM
ChristineO

Yes, I have been on the diet for about 6 weeks. I still have attacks every 4 or 5 days, but they usually don't hurt as much, which I think is due to the food. The supplement that I take is Benefiber. Thanks for caring.

if you're taking an anti-depressant..... new
      #219405 - 10/13/05 04:37 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

Some cause major sweating. Paxil is the one that did it to me.

Re: if you're taking an anti-depressant..... new
      #219411 - 10/13/05 04:58 PM
ChristineO

Thanks for the idea, but I have been unable to take anti-depressants due to side effects. I wish I could take Paxil or any one of them to help me out, but several doctors tried and I have so many problems with meds that I don't tolerate anti-depressants. The sweating is only during an attack of D. Maybe the onset of the attack causes a fever, but it goes away after an hour?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1885 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1713

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review