All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
help !!
      #219062 - 10/12/05 07:36 AM
jenix

Reged: 10/04/05
Loc: warwickshire,England

Please somebody help me ! I have just had my date through for my colposcopy - im really nervous so im stressed so my ibs is playing havoc (bad wind slight cramping ) i know its proably nothing to worry about but i dont know whats going to happen or what they are going to find and no i have got myself all worked up and i guess i kinda just needed to let it all out to someone so sorry but you guys got it lol.
Anyway just wondered wether anyone else had been through this and has any advice to give me !

--------------------
-- jenix --

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: help !! new
      #219081 - 10/12/05 08:24 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Don't worry! When is it? Are you having it at a hospital near you?

Although the procedure is simple, the prep can be a bit nasty and it's well to be prepared. Read Jill's "Colonoscopy Prep Made Simple" . You'll also need to get someone to look after your little one and to take you to & pick you up from the procedure - you'll be on the loo alot with the prep (so won't be able to look after a little one) which is very tiring and then the sedative they give you means you need someone to take you home afterwards. Also, if you're anything like I was, you won't remember anything the doc says to you afterwards (the sedative again) so it's good to have someone to take whatever they say in!

Andrex Flushable Wet Wipes, Andrex Aloe Vera Toilet Paper, Sudacrem and plenty of books/magazines in the bathroom are my best tips. You also really need a loo to yourself once the prep gets going!

Chill out tho! It's not that bad.

#219113 - 10/12/05 09:35 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Hi. I'm the other jen.

Linz is right. i'd also add: clear the way to the bathroom ("loo"). I kept tripping over dogs!

it's not THAT bad. it ain't GREAT... not something i'd voluntarily do all the time, but it's not really that terrible. it's mostly an inconvenience. i'm IBS-D so i'm used to being in the bathroom, anyway. it's the urgency that's really a shocker. do ya'll have that commercial "gotta go, gotta go, gotta go right now"???

and DEFINITELY get someone to go with you. i have no idea what that doctor said and for several hours later kept asking my mom "did we see the doctor?" and "what did he say?".

--------------------

No worries!! new
      #219122 - 10/12/05 10:43 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

The prep stinks - in more ways than one! - but the procedure itself is not a problem - GOOD DRUGS!! It will give you peace of mind to have the colon checked and to know everything is where the Good Lord put it to start with! Hang in there! Nothing to stress about!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#219147 - 10/12/05 01:14 PM
jenix

Reged: 10/04/05
Loc: warwickshire,England

ha ha i feel such a nelly im having a colposcomy not a colonoscopy i had an abnormal smear but because im so stressed my ibs is playing havoc with me !

--------------------
-- jenix --

Aaah! new
      #219165 - 10/12/05 02:05 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Nope, sorry, haven't had one of them! Is that the key-hole surgery one?

#219671 - 10/16/05 05:55 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Yeah, why do they name those 2 so close together?? Seriously! Glad it was the lesser of two evils this time, jenix! Hope you didn't show up too scared cowering under the paper gown only to realize uh, less was to be expected of you that day!!

Relax with some pillows and hot herbal tea. Don't speak of this to anyone, tee heee.!

Feel free to act like a nelly anytime! We'll keep each other in good company!

~nelly~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 167 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1382

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review