All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
flavored water??
      #218772 - 10/10/05 06:18 PM

Reged: 01/05/05

I know I am supposed to drink lots of water thruout the day, however, bottled water is just plain boring now. I bought the nestle pure life flavored (not carbonated) water as well as the Fruit 02 flavored (not carbonated) water. Are these considered somewhat "safe" water drinks???

Also the crystal light on the go packages to add to water - how really safe are those????

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: flavored water?? new
      #218773 - 10/10/05 06:32 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

These are not very safe because they contain artificial sweeteners. I am pretty sure the Crystal Light and Nestle flavored water both do. The only flavoured water I have found is Fruite big bottles that contains no sucralose or anything and I also drink Koolaid Sport pouches sometimes because they have electrolytes. I can't drink the Koolaid Sport pouches alot because they seem to have alot of sugar and I get gassy drinking from the straw. Just a note though not sure where you are located but I don't believe either of these drinks I mentioned are available outside of Canada.
Be very careful, I have been interested in so many new flavoured drinks that have come out recently and they all seem to have some sort of artificial sweetener hiding in them.
Hope this helps,
Beth

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#218781 - 10/10/05 07:09 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Crystal light is a very very bad thing. I've had it and it makes me sick everytime. I haven't tried the Nestle water, but I suspect that it is a very bad thing.

Kate, IBS-D.

#218967 - 10/11/05 02:58 PM

Thanks for responding. Most everything but plain water has some sort of artificial sweetner in it. What is considered artifical sweetner?? I know HFCS is not good - but that seems to appear in most drinks also - help!!

#218985 - 10/11/05 06:00 PM
Betharoo

hmm to name a few sucralose, splenda, nutrasweet, aspartame, sorbitol, mannitol, xyitol

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#219001 - 10/11/05 06:52 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

OY! The fruit 2 O flavored water gave me horrible D and I am usually a C person. Stay away from those. Splenda is not safe along with the other sweetners that Beth mentioned.

#219010 - 10/11/05 07:49 PM

WOW!! I am sooo disappointed that all of what you named is not really safe for us IBSers. I guess plain water with lemon is probably the safest!!!

No, they are NOT safe... new
      #219013 - 10/11/05 07:56 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Well, ok, I don't know about the Nestle one, because I've never seen that around here. But Fruit2O contains Splenda (sucralose), and Crystal Light has Nutrasweet (aspartame) - both are artificial sweeteners and they are MAJOR triggers for IBS. Sorry!

#219014 - 10/11/05 08:04 PM
Betharoo

I know it is hard, and I have GERD so I can't even have the lemon with my water. You get used to it though honestly. When I try and drink juices and other drinks now they seem sooo sweet and don't quench my thirst like water.
Good Luck!

--------------------
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

what's that other one? new
      #219015 - 10/11/05 08:11 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I thought I had drank some other flavored water that didn't seem to have anything bad on the ingredients. Of course sometimes it is hard to decipher all the ingredients. Is it propel? I thought it didn't have fake sugars. Nevertheless I sometimes felt funny after drinking it. So I am unsure; does anyone know?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#219072 - 10/12/05 08:12 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

WOW!! I am sooo disappointed that all of what you named is not really safe for us IBSers. I guess plain water with lemon is probably the safest!!!

Or you can make herbal tea and let it cool off...and if you're in the mood for something sweet, add a little sugar to it. I really love slightly sweet iced peppermint/fennel tea in the summer...

--AC

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 897 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8977

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review