All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
4 postings - all by tlcollins -- all about juice plus nt. new
      #219163 - 10/12/05 02:02 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 4 postings - all by tlcollins -- all about juice plus nt. new
      #219174 - 10/12/05 02:30 PM
tcollins

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Mississippi, USA

Were these on www.quackwatch.com? I can't see to find these listings?

Terry

Can you send me or post the link to these postings? new
      #219257 - 10/12/05 06:37 PM
tcollins

Re: DanaNoel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! new
      #219339 - 10/13/05 09:21 AM
DanaNoel

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Houston, Texas

Oh my goodness yes - the hurricane. It was so crazy around here for about 4 days. Weren't sure where it was going to hit until about Wednesday. At that time, the projected that the eye was going to go right over my city. YIKES. It was a mas exodus to get out of the city. Luckily, my husband was leaving for Austin for work that day and already had a hotel with a kitchenette booked. I was so thankful because all I kept thinking about was the fact that I could not lose electricity. With my IBS, there is no eating out. I have to cook everything. I was scared to death. Visions of stomach cramps dancing in my head. We packed up our 2 dogs and our 2 year old and headed to Austin that Wednesday. The rest of the city waited until Thursday and so many weren't able to get out becuase the traffic was so bad. Everyone was headed for Austin, Dallas, and San Antonio mostly. THe hotels booked FAST so a lot of people had to camp out in their cars. What should have taken these people 3-6 hours to get to one of these cities was taking 13-18 hours in the traffic. I heard some real horror stories. People were inevitably running out of gas and water all over the place as the gas stations were depleted. People actually died on the side of the road from heat exhaustion. As bad luck would have it, we were experiencing record high temps that weekend. It got up to 100 degrees. Can you imagine being stuck in your car, with no AC, in 100 degree weather. Anyway, on Friday, the storm took a very slight curve to the north east and missed houston almost completely. We got a lot of wind and rain, but nothing devastating. We lucked out big time.

Thank you so much for your concern.

--------------------
Dana

Re: Juiceplus new
      #219829 - 10/17/05 09:09 AM
tcollins

I normally just take it with water in the morning and evening.

Is this per tablet, per dose or ?? (m) new
      #220258 - 10/19/05 10:32 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm asking because if I'm doing my math right:

Garden Blend is providing 7000 IU of Vitamin A
Orchard Blend is providing 5500 IU of Vitamin A

Combined, that's 12,500 IU of Vitamin A, so I'm hoping that's per daily dose.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Is this per tablet, per dose or ?? (m) new
      #220274 - 10/19/05 11:56 AM
tcollins

I will check the label and see if it is per cap or per dose. I think's it's per dose but I want to make sure.

Terry

#220374 - 10/19/05 06:05 PM
tcollins

The labels indicates the information listed in the previous post (the Nutrition Facts) is per Serving and a Serving is 2 caps. This for Orchard and Garden blends.

Terry

#220439 - 10/20/05 07:36 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Thanks for the info. I ended up making my points in this thread. I think it's great this worked for you, but do truly believe that actually eating the fruits and vegetables is the best way to go - there's just too much we don't yet know about how all the pieces of nature work together.

And Poochibelly has a post asking that you post the ingredients - I guess you missed it. If you would do that, I think it would be very helpful to anyone considering JuicePlus.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Please do post the ingredients ~nt~ new
      #220473 - 10/20/05 09:42 AM
tcollins

Sorry if this doesn't display correct on the post. I'm not sure how to format it. I have it in a Microsoft Word document if anyone wants it like that (it is easier to read).

Thanks
Terry :)
ORCHARD BLEND GARDEN BLEND
APPLES: A good source of boron, a trace mineral that affects the electrical activity of the brain,increasing mental alertness and boosting estrogen inpostmenopausal women. Helps reduce cholesterol and contains many cancer-fighting phytochemicals.High in fiber. BEETS: High in folic acid, an antidepressant. Contains iron, calcium, potassium. Enhances liver and gallbladder function, builds blood corpuscles andcells. Stimulates lymph glands. Anticancer.

BROCCOLI: Contains many anticancer substancessuch as beta carotene, vitamin C and indoles. Helpskeep cholesterol levels steady and protects the heart.Contains as much calcium per serving as milk.antiviral activity. A super source of chromium, whichhelps regulate insulin and blood sugar. Speeds up removal of estrogen which suppresses breast cancer.Anti-ulcer.

ACEROLA CHERRIES: source of Vitamin C, known to relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis.
CRANBERRIES: Strong antibiotic and antiviral.Removes poisons and infectious bacteria from cellslining the bladder and urinary tract. Helps preventbladder infections.
ORANGES: Contain every class of cancer inhibitorknown, like beta carotene, terpenes and flavonoids. Rich in Vitamin C. May help ward off asthma attacks, bronchitis, breast cancer, stomach cancer and gum disease. CABBAGE: Contains numerous antioxidants. Thoughtto help block breast cancer and suppress growth ofpolyps. In studies, eating cabbage more than once perweek cut colon cancer odds 66%. Helps speed up estrogen and metabolism. Anticancer, antiulcer,antibacterial, antiviral.

PAPAYAS: A rich source of papain and boron. Contains powerful antioxidants, vitamin C and betacarotene. Source or vitamin A and potassium; helpsdigestion.
CARROTS: A super food source for beta carotene, a powerful anticancer, artery-protecting, immune-boosting, infection fighting antioxidant. Fights heart and eye disease. A carrot per day cuts stroke rates inwomen by 68%.

PEACHES: Contains boron which aids in calciumabsorption. Rich in antioxidants, such as betacarotene and vitamin C.

KALE: Powerful disease-fighting vegetable. A rich Source of many antioxidants. Super food source forbeta carotene, indoles, 50% more calcium than milk.Powerful cancer disease fighter.
PINEAPPLES: High in manganese, making it good For preventing osteoporosis and bone fractures. High in bromelain, which is a protease with anti-inflammatory, anti-edema properties. Aids digestion.Helps dissolve blood clots. Antibacterial, antiviral.Helps menopause.

PARSLEY: Anticancer due to its high concentrationsof antioxidants, e.g. monoterpenes, phthalides,polyacetylenes. Helps neutralize carcinogens intobacco smoke. Has diuretic activity. May reduceplaque in arteries and help prevent unhealthy bloodclotting. Rich source of folic acid. Good for the heartand immune system. Lowers blood pressure.

ENZYME BLEND: Bromelain, Papain, Lipase, Amylase, Protease, Cellulase.

SOLUBLE AND INSOLUBLE FIBERS: Apple Pectin,Citrus Pectin, Date Fiber, Prune Powder,glucomannan, Dried Plant Fiber. Cleanses the system, lowers cholesterol and blood pressure. Fights cancer, heart disease, obesity.

SPINACH: Food most eaten by people who don't getcancer. Rich source of antioxidants and cancerantagonists. Rich in fiber. Lowers blood cholesterol.
LACTOBACILLUS ACIDOPHILUS: Naturally occurring bacteria found in the intestinal tract.Enhances digestion. TOMATO: A rich source of lycopenes, a powerfulantioxidant linked to lower rates of skin, pancreatic,stomach, bladder and prostate and cervical cancer.
OTHER FOOD ACTIVES: Citrus Bioflavonoids, Anthocyanins, Polyphenol Catechins, Dunaliella Salina, Indole Carbinols. ENZYME BLEND: Lipase, Amylase, Protease, Cellulase.
SOLUBLE AND INSOLUBLE FIBERS: Beet Fiber, Barley Bran (no gluten), Oat Bran (no gluten), Cabbage Fiber, Glucomannan, Plant Cellulose, DriedPlant Fiber. Cleanses digestive tract. Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol. Fights cancer and heart disease.

Recommendation for AdultsCapsules: 2 Fruit in the am + 2 Vegetables in the pmChewables: 4 Fruit in the am + 4 Vegetables in the pmGummies: 6 Fruit in the am + 6 Vegetables in the pmRecommendation for ChildrenAge—2+ Years—2 Chewables or 2 Gummies DailyAge—3+ Years—4 Gummies DailyAge—5+ Years—2 Capsules or 4 Chewables or 6 Gummies DailyFrom 80 lbs Weight—Adult Quantity Is Appropriate

LACTOBACILLUS ACIDOPHILUS: Naturally occurring bacteria found in the intestinal tract. Enhancesdigestion.

OTHER FOOD ACTIVES: Anthocyanins, Allicin, Lycopene, Polyphenol Catechins, Dunaliella Salina, Indole Carbinols.

Almost all the sugar and sodium have been removed from the juice powders used to make Juice Plus+
2 Capsules = 4 Chewables = 6 Gummies

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 334 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 42017

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review