All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
WEIRD question
      #21737 - 09/25/03 06:51 PM
ocafe

Reged: 09/06/03
Loc: Miami, Florida

Sorry, but I am looking for help. Does anyone have any idea how I can manage to change my BMs from mornings to evenings? They always seem to come in the morning when I am arriving to work and because I'm a student teacher, it's becoming very inconvenient! Any suggetions? Or am I out of luck?

--------------------
lost 4.5 in two days!!
18 more to reach my short term goal!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: WEIRD question new
      #21738 - 09/25/03 07:12 PM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

Interesting question! I take a bulk forming fiber pill at night before bed which gives me a movement in the morning. Maybe you could take something at lunch that would change you over to evening? I'll be interested to hear what others here say about it.

#21804 - 09/26/03 07:58 PM
ocafe

Reged: 09/06/03
Loc: Miami, Florida

I take Citrucel. Is that what you mean by the bulk forming fiber pill?

--------------------
lost 4.5 in two days!!
18 more to reach my short term goal!

#21820 - 09/27/03 08:14 AM
Leah

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Denver, CO.

I have noticed that I can switch it most of the time by taking my fiber supplement in the day. If I take it at night, I have a bm in the morning. I am a teacher and this can be an inconvenience as you mentioned. If you take it at lunch or in the morning, you should be able to move it until later in the day. Let us know what you find out and we can try it too!
Leah

#21846 - 09/27/03 07:13 PM
Kris

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: Vancouver Island, BC

What might work is to get up early enough to have a decent breakfast, and have a non-rushed bm before leaving home for work. Other wise one would have to probably switch to working night shift and sleeping during the day in order to retrain the body's natural rhythms!
Kris

--------------------
Be the change you want to see in the world.

#21847 - 09/27/03 07:15 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

Sorry I can't be of any help other than to offer some support as an IBS-D sufferer who goes through the same thing. Mornings are my worst time. Sometimes I even have to turn around and hurry back home to the bathroom right after I get on the highway to head to work 20 minutes away. It's so frustrating. I seem to have it fairly under control now to where if I get up early enough before I go to work....say 2 hours early....then the most urgent morning trips to the bathroom are over with. Sometimes I make 4-6 trips to the bathroom before I leave the house and then another 1-2 before 10:00 at work. I have to leave for work by 7:30 a.m. If I feel I will have a particularly rough morning because of something I ate or stress....I will take a couple Imodium the night before. I don't know of any way to change your BMs from morning to evening. I've always heard that mornings are when they usually occur because that is when your system is most relaxed and just the process of waking up. By 12:00 noon or so, I'm pretty much OK the rest of the day as long as I don't eat the wrong things.

Good luck. I hope this helps.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4951 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 874

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review