All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
How many have tried eating everything?
      #217280 - 10/03/05 10:56 PM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

I have found that not worrying and eating whatever I want has been the best helper ever for my IBS! I got stuck in such a bad cycle where food and pooping was so scary that thinking about them made me poop even more!! Anyway I know I posted this before, but now I eat tons of dairy and chocolate, and I think that's how I've gained about 13 lbs in 2 months! Now I even have a bit of a belly, it's crazy!! Anyway just wondering if any of you have gone through phases where u were fine and just ate whatever u wanted and didn't worry? I also think I don't have IBS as bad as most people on here, so I'm differnet I guess...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How many have tried eating everything? new
      #217284 - 10/04/05 12:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Well I cheat and eat what I want pretty much. Most of the time that's per the diet but I do have the occasional pizza or milk chocolate and I drink some alcohol and eat higher fat than most IBSers.

BUT...if I do, I feel some effects and if I do it too much I get unstable.

#217320 - 10/04/05 09:20 AM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

I do too! I eat pretty much whatever I want. I have tried every kind of diet and they always work somewhat but I always seem to have just as many "bad days" on diets as I do off, so why not just eat whatever I like. I can not stand Soy and all of that healthy stuff I have tried, it just makes me cranky.lol You are right though...it always puts on some pounds.lol..but I just exercise to get them off. (or I try)

#217388 - 10/04/05 12:06 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I have found that when I am not fixated on the diet I do better. I ate wisely before I even knew I had IBS...I knew what my triggers were etc. I think that being fixated on eating "this-that-and the other" stressed me out and made me worse.

I am headed to a Mexican restaurant for dinner and needless to say must be careful and will order wisely. A year ago I would have freaked out just thinking about going to a Mexican restaurant.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#217484 - 10/04/05 09:11 PM
Blue24

Reged: 07/07/05
Loc: West Coast, USA

Yes I'm the same way! I try to not think about this diet b/c if I do, I always feel awful to my stomach. Instead, I eat healthily and wisely, whatever I want and it's all good..

#217527 - 10/05/05 06:38 AM
trapley

Reged: 03/16/05
Loc: Miami, FLorida

You Know, WHen i first got IBS I changed my diet around and stuff and I was cranky as hell an unsatisifed to. Eating was fun and I knwo I was a pain int he ass to everyone around me LOL.

So I just gauge it on how I feel. I dont really eat deep fried foods if I can avoid it and drink my soy milk, but I put on weight after I stopped worrying about it . I needed to though because I was 5"5 and about 103 pounds, now I"m 116 and that took me about 5 months to put on. But I think you should really gauge what you eat on how you feel day to day, because you can pretty much feel a bad IBS episode brewing.

--------------------
Keep Smiling

SC, Blue, Trapley, etc... new
      #217548 - 10/05/05 07:52 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

What types of foods do you eat that aren't considered "safe"? I too think that I am too fixated on doing the "diet right" and am making myself more sick, more depressed and deprived, more socially isolated because I don't go to family gatherings where foods are barbequed burgers and potato salad and cake. I even avoid Thanksgiving, birthdays, Easter...because there is nothing for me to eat except for ham, scalloped potatoes with butter and milk, homemade stuffing with gravy, veggies with butter, bisquits. I just sit at home alone eating my chicken and "safe" foods while my family celebrates. They refuse to cook special foods for me or allow me to bring my own.

My anxiety over all this has skyrocketed since finding the diet and trying to follow it. I'm afraid of food and losing weight.

I'm really curious as to what foods you guys are able to eat. And is this on a daily basis...or do you pretty much stick to Heather's diet and once in a while explore other foods. I'm really curious as to how often you eat this way and what types of foods you eat on a daily basis. Does it make your IBS feel better because you aren't as stressed reading labels for triggers and fearing food?

Re: SC, Blue, Trapley, etc... new
      #217561 - 10/05/05 08:44 AM
Blue24

Reged: 07/07/05
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hey there, foods I stay away from are dairy, so cheese and milk. I've been lactose intolerant since I was young. Those foods aren't part of my diet anyway, since I'm Asian. I don't care for them. But you know once in awhile I'll have dessert like a piece of cake and I am fine! I just try not to worry about it. I eat oatmeal for breakfast during the week, whatever I can scrounge up from home for lunch at work, and for dinner I always have rice and my Korean food. On the weekends, though, I treat myself to delicious breakfasts with delicious coffee at restaurants. Sometimes wine, too, with dinner. Try not to worry! I also don't snack, usually just b/l/d with fruit and maybe some pita chips after dinner. I'm healthy! I also exercise every single day, and my work keeps me soooo busy. Take care!

Important note! new
      #217573 - 10/05/05 09:24 AM
Linz

You should really follow the diet 100% until you're stable and if you don't, cheating must NOT be a regular occurrence or you will be scuppering your chances.

If you wait until you are stable, you can cheat sometimes with far less consequences (and far quicker recovery) than if you do so when unstable.

This is good advice! new
      #217582 - 10/05/05 10:03 AM
Linz

Listen to your bods people. If you're feeling dodgy, never cheat - you know it's not worth it. I always know which things I'll probably be able to cheat with on any particular day and it's always different!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 398 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25283

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review