All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
AC girl, i saw it as you wanted it seen...and hope everyone read mine the same...., new
      #217867 - 10/06/05 03:51 PM
Proud new Teacher

Reged: 09/22/05
Loc: Alberta, Canada

I was so anxious about my IBS this summer that my anxiety over IBS was a trigger in itself. Not that it was all in my head, but the anxiety over every single piece of food that went into my mouth? That was so stressful. Now I'm justy listening to my body> that's what we should all do.

--------------------
Shannon the teacher` I'm an A, but more of a C these days.:}

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I did as well!~nt~ new
      #217871 - 10/06/05 03:54 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Finding a balance between diet and anxiety... new
      #217872 - 10/06/05 03:54 PM
Proud new Teacher

Reged: 09/22/05
Loc: Alberta, Canada

well SAID!!

And now you're going vego, eh? What is up with kate and you switching?

--------------------
Shannon the teacher` I'm an A, but more of a C these days.:}

Re: I agree wholeheartedly, Maria new
      #217884 - 10/06/05 04:11 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Yea, I'd like to bury this topic as well......It hits me pretty hard. My dad always says to me "Just Eat, Kid!...It's all in your head!!" Sure it is......that's why I still feel like CRAP after eating nothing but BREAD!!! Sorry, I'm in a bad mood this evening.....my gut is not doing very good at all.......because I ate butter cookies! Crap! I have got to stop doing things like this to myself! hehehehe
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Finding a balance between diet and anxiety... new
      #217898 - 10/06/05 05:02 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Heh, yeah she's stealing all my protein cravings! lol
Good to see you back, btw Shannon!

ROTFL! Call me meathead! new
      #217916 - 10/06/05 06:13 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Just called me meathead...or meatball...or egghead...maybe, Laurel, a weird 'switch' occurred by the light of the full moon? I dream of turkey jerky...lean turkey breast...shrimp and salmon and well...yes, I must be possessed! Honestly, though...I still love my green eggs best of all...the breakfast of champions, although from a health perspective I'd say that it ranks equally with oats.

Okay, enough carno-babble. I still really like my green things. They just taste different with carno-knowledge. And truly, I genuinely prefer the safe proteins! And thanks, but no thanks to moo-juice. I don't want to pay the price in hot foaming liquid...And no thanks to any special sauces/deep fried buttery anything!

Enough graphics. Yes, I'm all for 'playing it safe.' Why?
Tried, tested, and true. Eating safely for IBS has TONS of options/selections/choices and really, truly, I hardly think we're suffering. If anything the knowledge applied has given us our power and our freedom and our sanity back.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Huh! new
      #217918 - 10/06/05 06:15 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Maybe I'll fly on over on my broomstick.

Kate, IBS-D.

But what's the name of the probiotic to order?-nt new
      #217932 - 10/06/05 07:31 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

WOW AND SORRY!!!! new
      #219018 - 10/11/05 08:31 PM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

HI EVERYONE! I had no idea that my post caused such an uproar, I just looked at it today and realized that it caused a big controversy. I did not mean for that to happen at all! I guess I was just trying to say that for ME, not worrying so much about what I eat has been my biggest helper for IBS... Also, it's not that I'm eating EVERYTHING at all, I'm just eating a lot of chocolate and dairy, which I thought were huge No-nos, and neither have been a prob for me at all. I am not, however, eating fried foods, greasy foods, and almost everything I eat is organic and very healthy... I guess I should have phrased my post very differently because I more meant that eating more foods and not worrying is what has helped my IBS, but I am far from cured from pain, bloating, and occasional D and C... And I was wondering if anyone else had tried the same and had similiar results.
Also I did not realize, until recently, that I was actually prone to an eating disorder, and that's why this website effected me so negatively. I love the support that people gave me, but I became obsessed with not eating anything on the "not safe" list, and only eating safe foods, cutting my diet down to next to nothing and DEFINATLY having an eating disorder. I told everyone, and TRUTHFULLY THOUGHT, that I was losing weight because my digestion was so bad, and that I couldn't digest anything. But time and reality have shown that I really can digest a lot of foods, and that really I lost so much weight because I had restricted my diet to so little food a day based on fear. Now that I hardly ever come to this site and read about every single food that may give me an upset stomach, I find that if I just eat consciously and fairly safely, I'm fine, and if I'm not, like tonight, I just keep going with my life and don't obsess over it... and I feel much better.
Just wanted to clear things up!! Hope I didn't upset anyone too much.
Funny thing is, after asking millions of questions, the only time Heather has ever commented on anything I've written is a post that everyone was pissed at!!

S'ok Tink! new
      #219042 - 10/12/05 01:07 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Btw, it sounds like maybe the hypno could really help you. Have you tried it?

And one thing I've found helped me alot is to stick to really really good dark chocolate! It's so rich that I only eat it in tiny bits so it's pretty safe...and it's so yummy. It's a real treat for me and it's fun to only buy the best chocolate!

Also, are you on a SFS now? Taking my Acacia keeps me pretty stable even when my diet goes off the rails - it allows me to not worry about food AND stay (mainly) IBS-free.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5663 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25486

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review