All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Pump iron! new
      #217442 - 10/04/05 04:11 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

If I could recommend some sites, these are my favourites ...

ExRx ("Exercise Prescription") - extermely extensive

Women's Weight Training - you'll love this site... just trust me on this one

HTH!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pump iron!/Retrograde new
      #217463 - 10/04/05 06:20 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

You know, that's probably a good thought. I'm so 'fly-away,' a total wind/air type...literally a gust would blow me over! It would be grounding. Great for my bones.

I tried that fatfree SoGood that you enjoy and guess what? It agrees with me!!! All the other soymilks gave me such a problem, due to my hyper-fat sensitivity. It's a fabulous way to gently add calories and TONS of nutrition. Maybe I have guts similar to yours, Laurel!!! Lol!

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Pump iron!/Retrograde new
      #217470 - 10/04/05 06:53 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Yay! I'm always happy to bring another convert to weight training! Haha. You know it probably would be really good for you and your bones, and with all the protein you've been consuming lately it would be like the next logical step...

Mmmmm fat free SoGood It's the only kind that agrees with me too - all the other ones are way too high fat and just send my guts into knots (heh, maybe we do have similar guts!) Good way to get calories (and protein ) in, but personally I can't stand to just drink an milk/not-milk of any kind... never grew up with drinking glasses of milk though, it just really turns me off. Love it with my Cheerios and bananas though.

I gained 15lbs!!!! new
      #217532 - 10/05/05 06:55 AM
trapley

Reged: 03/16/05
Loc: Miami, FLorida

Hi Lisa, I have been in the same boat. I'm 5'5 and my lowest weight was 100 which is bad for me. My Aunt was watching me get dressed one day and she pulled out a "Ill be glad when you gain some damn more than anything but its hard when your sick half of the month and scared to eat, and people who have problem with too much wieght just cant understand it.

I started gaining weight when I got happier and went on with my life. I am now at about 113-116, and I"m so glad I got my shape back. I started making myself eat a couple of hours after attacks. I was losing weight because I had a sincere fear of food. And some days I still only eat twice a day. but the days I feel good, I stick it to it. I eat big snack in between meals, and that gives me leway ont he days I dont feel good. Keep peanut butter and crakers. I think my ability to eat eggs helped because I ate omelets at least 3 times a week. Try something high in protein. I found when I stopped worrying about gaining weight it came, also to be honest when I became more sexual (which I had ceased due to my IBS depression) I started gaining weight too.

I still have problem finding vitamins though because my IBS D comes with those, but I"m anemic and need them.

Hope it Helps But one thing I have ralized about IBS is that everyone's case is different and what worked for me might not work for you and vica versa.

--------------------
Keep Smiling

Re: I gained 15lbs!!!! new
      #217671 - 10/05/05 06:46 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Wow Trapley I'm jealous! It's great to know though that it is possible Right now I'm having a bit of a tough time of it since I have my period and am fighting D from it. I have though come to the conclusion that even with the worst D attacks I still have to eat. I had a bowl of homemade chicken soup today for lunch and it came right out about 1hr and half after I ate it I waited a few hrs and went home and had a pizza bagel then for dinner. Normally I would have come home and had some more type of soup but I decided oh well I have no where to go tonight, might as well eat! Guess what? It stayed in (ok well that's as of tonight at least! who knows what tomorrow morning will bring)Anyway, point is, we still have to eat even after a attack. My stomach killed me from cramps plus IBS issues and I still ate.

My biggest neglect is snacking. I have to snack more. Apparently peanut butter is great for gaining. Has the protein and the calories. I'll have to buy some peanut butter crackers and make it a point to have a pack a day!

Thanks for your inspiring story and I hope to gain between 10-15lbs. I am 5feet tall and weigh about 87lbs now. I wanna be 100!!!!!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#217736 - 10/06/05 07:20 AM
trapley

Reged: 03/16/05
Loc: Miami, FLorida

NO Problem at all Lisa, I know how it is. My ex boyfriend used to yell at me when I did't want to eat after an attack (maybe thats why he's an ex). WIth IBS I realized its not completely mental, but you do ave to overcome your fears of bringing on an attack and just take a chance. Like you eating your bagel after something like Chicken soup affected you. Keep me posted. I"m still tyring to gain 5 more pounds and my period is next week grrrr . Dont you just hate how when it comes around it came aggrevate the IBS and you get to look forward to it every month.

--------------------
Keep Smiling

#217763 - 10/06/05 08:25 AM
imp

Reged: 02/19/05
Loc: england

I have the need to gain weight problem,but i agree that you have to listen to your body.I do eat quite alot,except if i have a bad day.I just don't sit still long enough and cannot tolerate hi fat foods which is what i need really.

Re: I want to gain too. new
      #217765 - 10/06/05 08:30 AM
imp

Reged: 02/19/05
Loc: england

i so agree i want my boobs and bum back.i cannot tolerate soya milk,but do like rice milk.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 804 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 39981

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review