All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
In about the same boat... new
      #216914 - 10/01/05 07:01 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I have a horendous time gaining weight, and was mildly satisfied with just maintaining the weight I had (108 lbs and I'm 5'4", so a little underweight). When I went on vacation to London three weeks ago, I apparently lost 5 lbs. I haven't been able to put it back on yet, and all my jeans are too big, and my belt doesn't even really help on the last hole! Going to have to go shopping for at least a smaller belt this week, can't afford new jeans!

No real suggestions though, other than trying to each more calorie rich food, like lots of sugar. I know Casey swears by potatoes helping her gain weight back.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Angela 3 new
      #216915 - 10/01/05 07:05 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I know women hate to hear that we struggle. I try my hardest to explain that it's the same as someone trying to lose. It's so hard to explain that it's just as not ok to tell someone that they are too skinny as it is to tell someone that they are too fat! Feelings are hurt either way.

I do love those kinds of breads. In fact I have a loaf of Zucchini bread frozen in the freezer right now. I love banana bread and those such breads too. I can tolerate just about any kind of sweets but brownies sometimes do me in. I'll have to start buying some more white cakes too now!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: GRRRRRRRRRR.... new
      #216916 - 10/01/05 07:08 PM
LittleLisa

Sorry CArol! Believe me if there was a way to take people's extra pounds from them I'd be first in line! I'd also be first in line for any kind of surgery that would fix IBS. Unfortunately there's no such thing as either

Being C and D does make a difference. I actually like when I don't go one day. I feel a bit heavier, however, being D I pay the next day for not going! So I'm right there with ya and the GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re:Fishnets new
      #216918 - 10/01/05 07:16 PM
LittleLisa

My typical day(during the week)is

(2)pieces of Pepperidge Farm Cin Swirl bread w/butter for breakfast.

Some type of soup or my addiction a WaWa turkey hoagie with salt,pepper and pickles. Little bit of mayo.

Dinner(when not in baseball season with my boys)is generally some type of pasta meal, chicken meal, boneless pork chop meal.

Snacks(this is bad)M&M's, choc chip cookies, tootsie rolls,candy of some sort.

I drink a ton of Koolaide or lemonaide every day. I also have at least 8oz of water each day.

Yes I can tolerate peanut butter. That's high in protein which I assume is good for weight gaining? I can not have milk or ice-cream. I'm afraid to try the soy which is an issue I must get over. I'm lacking calcium big time without it. I do love the banana breads and such. Does it matter if they are boxed or homemade?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: In about the same boat... new
      #216919 - 10/01/05 07:20 PM
LittleLisa

Hi Melissa! The same thing happened to me when we went to Disney in April. I think from all the walking we did for 6 days straight by the end of the week my shorts were huge on me and I was like "what the heck". Then it dawned on me. Did you do a lot of walking on your vacation? I bet you did. I saw pics that you posted though and you did not look too thin to me. I'm only 5foot and I weight 87lbs right now. I hate it!!!! I feel like everyone is staring at me. I know it's my imagination but that's how I feel.

I'll have to check with Casey and the potatoes. I love them and can tolerate all forms of them.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Barbie.. new
      #216920 - 10/01/05 07:40 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I wouldn't do it. I tried that about two weeks ago. I took a lactaid (extra strength) and ate some regular yougurt and a ice cream bar and I had a really bad "D" attack the next morning. The Lactaid, apparently, didn't do a thing for me! Grrrr!!!
Good luck if you try it!!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

I want to gain too. new
      #216929 - 10/01/05 08:11 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Lisa,
I was posting on the IBS Fitness board because I want to gain weight too. I'm taking a break from posting, but it was really helpful for me to see what, how often, and how much I was actually eating every day. I'm 5'6", 110 lbs (104 pounds when I first found this site in December 04), and would like to be a curvy and sexy 125. I want boobies!

Edited by Maria!Maria! (10/02/05 02:08 PM)

Re:Fishnets new
      #216955 - 10/02/05 06:56 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

My typical day(during the week)is

(2)pieces of Pepperidge Farm Cin Swirl bread w/butter for breakfast.

Some type of soup or my addiction a WaWa turkey hoagie with salt,pepper and pickles. Little bit of mayo.

Dinner(when not in baseball season with my boys)is generally some type of pasta meal, chicken meal, boneless pork chop meal.

Snacks(this is bad)M&M's, choc chip cookies, tootsie rolls,candy of some sort.

I drink a ton of Koolaide or lemonaide every day. I also have at least 8oz of water each day.

Yes I can tolerate peanut butter. That's high in protein which I assume is good for weight gaining? I can not have milk or ice-cream. I'm afraid to try the soy which is an issue I must get over. I'm lacking calcium big time without it. I do love the banana breads and such. Does it matter if they are boxed or homemade?

I'd say add more for breakfast if you can, and maybe a bit more for lunch? I'm not sure how big that sandwich is so hard to say. But if you're just having soup for lunch that isn't much! Yeah peanut butter is calorie dense, and very healthy for you. It does have fat, so you may want to try the reduced fat if the regular bothers you. I'd say as far as breads, make homemade. They're tastier and will have the ingrediants you want...not sure if the boxed ones will have triggers. But if not, go for it. You should try soy stuff, might as well right? If you can tolerate it fine, then you can add even more variety to your diet

--------------------
IBS-C

Re:Maria Maria new
      #216957 - 10/02/05 07:20 AM
LittleLisa

I'm with ya, however, I do have boobies. I'm a 34C with a 24inch waist which obviously doesn't match

So you gained 6lbs since you started documenting your eats? I'll take 6lbs! That would be awesome. Still wouldn't be at 100 but I'd be closer

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: It's just hard to EAT ENOUGH in a day!!! new
      #217001 - 10/02/05 02:13 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Truly, Lisa--I agree with you about anxiety/G.A.D. causing weightloss or accelerated 'burn.' I'm living proof. Lately, I just cannot keep up with my metabolism and I keep dropping.
Anymore and I'll look anorectic/skeletal. It already hurts to sleep (i.e. bones rubbing against each other and what poses as a bed.)

I've started eating animal protein again, too. I find that sugar really makes me ill/nauseated and gags me--so that's out. Starchy carbs really render me unconscious, i.e. put me in a coma and well...they kind of don't sit in my tummy very long or well, so they're gone. TMJ/bad teeth beyond belief just make me too frustrated or tired to chew. I guess I need a little meat on my bones to haul around my skeletal burden for my duration on Earth. Muscle power/tone.

I get depressed and well...just lose my appetite. I fill up so fast.

I just don't want to lose more & it's hard not to obsess about it.

Aie!!! Challenges. I've stopped really counting calories, or at least being very obsessive--having a more go with the flow attitude.

Kate.

Edited by Wind (10/02/05 02:21 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5161 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 40096

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review