All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Passanie new
      #217258 - 10/03/05 06:59 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I don't get many veggies. String beans, carrots, cucumbers and mushrooms are all I can tolerate. Lettuce sparingly. I will look up Heather's info on prenatal vitamins. Thanks for the tip.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: That would be great if vitamins made me hungry! new
      #217260 - 10/03/05 07:03 PM
LittleLisa

That's great Barbie. Maybe that's why I felt so good on them. I ate more when I was pregnant too!

Yep, when I hit 90lbs we'll have to celebrate. Gosh that sounds pathetic doesn' it?!?!?!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Hey Lisa!! new
      #217264 - 10/03/05 07:43 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Lisa,

I am totally on the other boat right now, trying to lose weight but I did struggle when I was younger with being super skinny so I know it is hard too!

I was going to suggest that you take a look through posts on the Fitness Board from when Casey was trying to gain weight. You'll have to ask her about how long ago that was, because I can't quite remember but she had really great success with putting some weight on when she felt she was underweight. I think she used to eat babyfoods, lots of breads and I think she made oven fries with sweet potatoes that sounded really yummy.

I know you are worried about soy, but I really think you should give it a shot. They make so many awesome soy products that might really help. Silk brand is definitely the best soy milk I have ever had, the chocolate is AWESOME! Try having like a tiny bit at first and gradually add in tiny bits more and see how you do. Then you have a whole world of soy ice creams, cheeses.. mm, very yummy.

What about peppermint fudge cake? I loooove it. And the pear spiced bread? To die for, and a heck of a lot of sugar! I also make those mocha chocolate muffins and they were super good.

What about things like baked lays and pretzels and those flavoured rice cakes and stuff like that to snack on throughout the day?

Good luck! Definitely check in with the Fitness board if you want to start reporting in, it's great!!

Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pump iron! new
      #217269 - 10/03/05 08:08 PM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

I was 93 lbs before I started working out. It may all be muscle, but I'm 104 lbs, now.

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

I'll second that! new
      #217276 - 10/03/05 09:34 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I've gained at least 5 lbs since I started weight training (but that's a little deceptive since I've also lost some fat in that time). The important thing is that I no longer look or feel like a stick figure Weight training has also significantly increased my appetite (naturally) so I have no trouble eating more.

...I heart weights

Just to be sure new
      #217307 - 10/04/05 07:49 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I have a question about these foods: pancakes, ham/cheese, doritos (dairy in them), parm chicken, Ham, M&Ms, Double stuffed Cookie. No judgement, but these generally aren't considered safe, right?

This can be confusing for newbies...and for not so newbies! Lisa, I am so jealous you can eat these...don't they affect you horribly?

I think I'm going to add some 'notmilk' to my diet new
      #217336 - 10/04/05 09:38 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I can't afford to lose weight!!! I'm already a bonerack (clueless re: weight). It hurts to sleep from bones rubbing against each other and what poses as a bed. My bones are 'thirsty' for some high calcium foods. I think I might start mindlessly adding a little faux-cow products to my menu. Be a 'notmilk' girl! Also, I can't tummy a lot of food most days. Perhaps the calcium will calm my anxiety ridden nerves/metabolism.

I'll check it out. What do you think?

I'll give it a shot. I'm walking more and doing more yoga, lately as well, so I've upped the activity a tad.

Hmmmm,
Kate.

Re: Just to be sure new
      #217365 - 10/04/05 10:27 AM
LittleLisa

Yes, please understand EVERYONE that I am far from an extreme case of IBS. I've been able to regulate it for the most part. I know what I can and can not eat. The only major triggers for me are Milk, icecream, sour cream, cream cheese, corn on the cob and garlic and onions! I don't have near the triggers as the normal IBS'r! Fortunately yes I still can eat things some made with milk products.

Sorry to confuse some newbies!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Pump iron! new
      #217368 - 10/04/05 10:34 AM
LittleLisa

I did try doing that many, many years ago. Gosh before I was 21 I bet I know it does add a few pounds. I was young then and didn't stick to it too much. Not sure if it's cause I didn't see results. I don't remember. HOWEVER, I do now have a $350 monstrous weight machine down in the basement that my husband HAD to have. He used it 1 month Maybe I should get some use out of it. It's a matter of know what to do thats tough. I'll have to look on line for some info.

Thanks for the tip!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Hi Stephie! new
      #217369 - 10/04/05 10:38 AM
LittleLisa

Never thought of those rice cakes! Simply cause everyone on diets to lose weight eat them. My co-worker eats the chocolate ones and boy can I smell them all the way over at my desk. They smell good.

Yes, I think I'll do baby steps on the rice milk/soy milk stuff. I opened the refig and saw someone at work had some rice milk. I smelled it and really couldn't smell anything bad. I'll put it on my shopping list for this weekend. YOu are so right though, If I can tolerate the non milk stuff I can open my world to lots of yummy stuff!

Hope you are feeling better today Stephie! I'm kinda yucky today with my period and cramps so my food intake is a bit less today. But come tomorrow I'm gonna eat like a cow!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4141 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 40096

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review