All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: I got rid of my scale! new
      #217016 - 10/02/05 02:49 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I SHALL NEVER EAT AGAIN, I tell myself! Ugh, it's so horrible when the food you rely on makes you sick. {{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I hear ya, Lisa! :) new
      #217020 - 10/02/05 02:58 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Wow, Nelly! 76 lbs! My sister (she doesn't have IBS) was similarly underweight in high school and she did receive a lot of rude comments and people assuming she had an eating disorder or a worm. We laugh about it now, but I remember how upset she was at the time. It's unbelievable how insensitive people can be.

Now that I've experienced being underweight, I can understand a bit better how terrible those assumptions can make you feel. I've also learned that the less you weigh the more pain you feel! I'm uncoordinated, but since I used to have more padding, other than feeling embarrassed I didn't feel much pain. Now I feel every bump and stumble, every blow I take to my hips or elbows.

Edited by Maria!Maria! (10/02/05 03:09 PM)

I used to be afraid to eat during and after attacks too. new
      #217026 - 10/02/05 03:21 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

But now I keep a package of rice cakes in my pantry for my bad days.

eat soy icecream! thats what keeps the weight on me!! -nt- new
      #217035 - 10/02/05 04:12 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

Re:Fishnets new
      #217133 - 10/03/05 07:13 AM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Quote:

I eat organic P/b. Also I can't genrally tollerate too much soy? Will rice milk be good for weight gain?

Sure! Basiclly any beverage that has calories, you want to drink instead of water. That's a good way of sneaking in calories, but you won't get as full as you would with food. They make chocolate rice milk too, but I dunno if you'd like the flavor(I tried it once and it tasted like chocolate raisen bran to me lol). But the plain is sweet and "thin", not thick like soy milk.

You could also make smoothies...like put rice milk, some protein powder (egg white powder is safe), banana, peanut butter, sugar, whatever else. I don't actually know how to make smoothies so if that tastes gross don't blame me

Also any type of syrups, gravy, toppings, whatever you can add to something will help. Maybe try to eat 4 meals a day instead of three. Make sure you eat lots of snacks too!

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Have you tried the Anti depreesent brownies? new
      #217231 - 10/03/05 03:01 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Yuck! Didn't like them. I am fortunate I can eat Betty Crocker brownies (most of the time without ill effect!)

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: WOW!!!! I never thought new
      #217239 - 10/03/05 03:48 PM
LittleLisa

I'd get as many responses as I did from you guys! Seems to be a bigger issue that I thought. Thanks all sooooo much for all the tips. I now know about Rice milk which I'm leaning on trying before the Soy. I started my High Carb diet yesterday. Here's what I had yesterday and today. Let me know what you think guys.
Sunday:
Pancake with Jelly
Lunch:Ham/cheese on a Kaiser Roll w/Doritos
Dinner: Chicken Parm w/Spaghetti, Twice baked potatoe, piece of bread.
Snacks:Rice Krispy treat, few cookies, tootsie rolls(vanilla-yummmy)

Today:
2 pieces of Cinn Swirl Bread
Water
Turkey Hoagie with Pickles
Lemonaide
Ham, String Beans, Toasted Almond Rice, Dinner roll, Grape Koolaide
Snacks so far: M&M's, Rice Krispy Treats, Double stuffed cookie

I really feel full today. Like I ate more than normal which is a good thing. I know it's not really a "carb" diet but I'm trying to consume more carbs. I know I need to snack more in between. It's hard this week at work cause we are really busy so I have to make time to just keep popping stuff in my mouth.

I've actually lowered my goal to 10 simply cause 15 ia a lot and I want to see results. I'm probaly 88lbs today so 98-100 would be ideal for me. I'm actually excited about trying this. I'm hoping it works. Hope all can put up with me with my ups and downs from here on out!

Thanks again guys for all the words of wisdom and experiences with weight gain. Here's to us "anorexic, spider looking, skeleton girls!!!! woohoo

P.S. whatdaya think of this: I don't take any vitamins currently but when I was pregnant I was at my healthiest weight and well being. Do ya think taking prenatal vitamins again would be a stupid question to ask the doctor??

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Maria Maria new
      #217240 - 10/03/05 03:57 PM
LittleLisa

I'm pretty good with knowing that I have to still eat even after a D attack. I've learned that I have to eat but sometimes it's worse than others so I take it easy. One of my famous things after an attack is to eat chicken rice soup. I use College Inn broth and make some rice and have that. I think the rice helps bind me and the broth is good for a yucky belly.

I will start to make more of the "dessert breads". They seem to be big with everyone who is trying to gain. Heck I love junk food anyway so I won't mind eating that at all. I love banana bread w/choc chips! The other thing is the Luna Bars. I haven't been able to find them in my local grocery store. I'll have to check the HFS for them.

I have no idea how many calories I'm consuming a day. I imagine some days more than others. I have to take the time to sit down and do that or maybe buy a calorie book. This is just like being on a diet to lose weight. You finally have to just push yourself to stick to something.

I've also decided to slowly stop biting my nails too. Another struggle I've had all my life. I have a theory on how to stop, however, only if it works will I tell. (it's kinda silly how I'm doing it)

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#217246 - 10/03/05 04:34 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Lisa,

My DIL still takes prenatal vitamins and my grandaughter is 11 months old. She'd not trying to gain weight but she likes the prenatal vitamins. I think it would be a good idea to take some kind of vitamins and if the prenatal agree with you.....why not!

I take Walgreens A to Z vitamins and since I don't really eat many veggies (scared of them) I think it helps with the nutrition I'm not getting from veggies. Another benefit is taking vitamins makes me hungry.

Another suggestion and something that helped me was peanut butter. I don't know if you can tolerate it but if you can spread some on toast with some jelly or do like I do....toast a waffle and then spray some butter and then spread on the peanut butter....it gets all gooey and melty and is really good.

Keep us posted on how it goes and I bet you will be so excited when you hit 90 lbs. It's only up from there! WOO HOO!

Barbie

--------------------

#217251 - 10/03/05 06:34 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

Pre-natal vitamins are a good thing! Heather writes about how they are easier on the tummy, if I'm not mistaken. Plus, it doesn't look like you are getting many vegetables in your diet and vegetables are IMPORTANT. You need the vitamins they contain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 489 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 39984

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review