All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: What's wrong with me??? new
      #217189 - 10/03/05 11:01 AM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

Yes, your right.
But we at least we can complain together! I think we've always been the unstable ones around here. We usually have similar questions, because I'm always reading your posts to answer questions of my own that you have asked.
I'm starting to think that the diet is not entirely for both. You know, those with IBS-C can eat egg whites, fish, and chicken breast during the BTC diet, and still feel fine.
I don't think this diet is for both. I apologize, but I don't. Some things stated are perfectly right. But it is obviously aimed towards those with D. Which would make sense. Because Heather's a D.

This is my first day off of the BTC diet. This time, I'm not feeling better at all. I'm sick of doing it. I might go ahead with the IF incorporation anyway, but ..I just feel down, because I can almost garauntee it won't work this time.

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Heather: A, C, D, P? (m) new
      #217190 - 10/03/05 11:06 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

I don't think this diet is for both. I apologize, but I don't. Some things stated are perfectly right. But it is obviously aimed towards those with D. Which would make sense. Because Heather's a D.

This is funny because at some point I was insisting that Heather was a C and was told by people who'd been on the Board longer that she was a "P".

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

What is a "P"? ~nt~ new
      #217191 - 10/03/05 11:13 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: whats a p? -nt new
      #217192 - 10/03/05 11:14 AM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: What is a "P"? ~nt~ new
      #217199 - 10/03/05 11:26 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

"P" means pain... Heather has pain predominant IBS. And just to set the record straight for anyone who's struggling with the diet and has C... coming from a C's point of view, the diet works just fine! Patience is a virtue!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Chany? new
      #217204 - 10/03/05 11:43 AM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Mainly white bread & some rice cakes but not as much as usual. I take Fibercon 1 tablet each morning and I also take 1 tablet of Florify. Both follow my morning breakfast which is usualy cereal with rice milk.

No. I thought it did but... new
      #217205 - 10/03/05 11:46 AM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

apparently it's made with brown rice so it's OK. I wouldn't go off rice completely, just cut down on white rice products.

Thank you! I will do that! -nt- new
      #217206 - 10/03/05 12:11 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: What's wrong with me??? new
      #217211 - 10/03/05 01:16 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

This is my first day off of the BTC diet. This time, I'm not feeling better at all. I'm sick of doing it. I might go ahead with the IF incorporation anyway, but ..I just feel down, because I can almost garauntee it won't work this time.

Honestly, the BTC diet is not going to do amazing wonderful things for you if your main complaint is chronic C. I can't emphasize enough that you have to seriously crank up IF for C, if only because I had an irrational phobia about fruits and veggies that I projected onto the diet when I was first starting. (This came from eating them without SF, which can lead to nasty cramping consequences.)

To repeat: you need to keep your SF high and constant, you need to increase your IF as much as possible, and you need to keep drinking lots of warm fluids and exercising. If you do that, you might not be immediately and completely stable, but you'll feel better. Beyond that, there's lots of tweaky stuff like probiotics, hypnotherapy/relaxation, yoga, etc. But the secret sauce is really getting lots of SF and IF together at every meal.

--AC

Re: I don't mean to beat this to death ... new
      #217219 - 10/03/05 02:23 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Good idea. I've never heard of Chapters, but it is available right here on the website under Shop for IBS, and also available on Amazon. I've seen it I think at Borders or Barnes and Noble as well.

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1258 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 72545

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review