All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Re: Separate C Board new
      #216662 - 09/29/05 06:30 PM
StephanieF

Reged: 09/29/05

I like the idea of a separte board for IBS-C because I sometime feel out of the loop. When I have spasms but no results, do I take a laxative and risk being in more pain. Hopefully when I am on the diet longer...it will make a difference in the constipation since I am using the soluble fiber mix.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Another thing is that symptoms may change new
      #216664 - 09/29/05 06:34 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I have no idea why our symptoms change. I do know that I prefer the D to this C, though. C is very painful and I, personally, find it harder to deal with. It is also more depressing for me. I wasn't praying to God to "take me home" when I was D.

I'm sorry you are struggling too. It hurts emotionally and physically. Constipation hurts. I just want my bowel to move too!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Always keep it in perspective! new
      #216683 - 09/30/05 01:31 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

One year...or even a few years...of struggling to control this DD is alot better than a lifetime of suffering!

Lynx new
      #216684 - 09/30/05 01:34 AM
Linz

Go and see your doctor ASAP and get started on some AD's...also see if you can get counselling. If one AD doesn't work for you, then try another. It also sounds like you could benefit from the hypno CDs. There is no need to feel as you do! ADs really helped me cope when I was really ill.

Btw, what dose of Citrucel are you on and have you tried any other SFSs?

Beth, come on! new
      #216685 - 09/30/05 01:37 AM
Linz

These thoughts are not good.

You've got to give the ADs and Acacia time. You haven't been on the Prozac long enough to feel the benefits and the same goes for the Acacia. Why give up now?

And sweetie, did you ever do the hypno?

Michelle! new
      #216686 - 09/30/05 01:38 AM
Linz

Come on girl, stay positive. To be honest, 2 months (tho it may feel like forever) is nothing in the IBS scheme of things so there is PLENTY of hope for you.

What are you doing for the nausea?

I'm a 14 year veteran myself! new
      #216695 - 09/30/05 05:44 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

And, like you, I've had years with symptoms, years with little or no trouble and years of everything in between! I've gone from D predominant to C predominant, and stress will still send me running back as a D!

IBS can be managed! The bad times are just that...bad. But it will get better and there will be good times. IBS is just part of who I am, it certainly does not define who I am!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~nt~ new
      #216696 - 09/30/05 05:58 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Sadly, I have had that same thought new
      #216699 - 09/30/05 06:20 AM
whoopiecushion

Reged: 11/17/04
Loc: South Carolina

I have felt the same way, and Antidepressant did nothing for me. When you have real pain and hopelessness that is true and not in your head they do not help. Because (I have tried prozac and effexor to name a few, but nothing will ever do. Because nothing will ever take away this sadness but putting an end to this intestinal madness. Some people resort to praying on bended knee, I pray in the office lavatory. God please make it stop make it go away so I don't have to take another sick day. Hang in there, I feel the same way, but love my family too much to do that.

Re: Michelle! new
      #216701 - 09/30/05 06:32 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I know, girl! It's just been two months (so far) this year. Last year I was sick for 9 months. So, I didn't even get a really good look at being stable before I became unstable, again. I don't know what to do about this nausea. I tried Ginger and it made it worse and peppermint tea works pretty good but it gives me bad heartburn because I have acid reflux. Linz, help!! Do you have any suggestions???? I don't know what to do. But, .....as bad as I felt yesterday I had somewhat of a normal BM this morning. I just hope I don't keep going....there just might be hope for me, yet.......
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1173 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 72545

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review