All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Your mind and body are tired. new
      #216624 - 09/29/05 02:29 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I'm tired...my mind and body are tired of fighting this...for looking for answers...tired of hurting...tired of not getting anywhere.

I have been ill with this for years- half my life! This is the worst it's been I think.

What are we going to do?

I have lost about 13 pounds in the last few months too.

I do think the Prozac is starting to help with the depression, though. Do you have anything against going on an A.D.?

Are you taking anything for your IBS besides the diet? Like magnesium, triphala, flax meal, probiotic, fish oil or flax oil capsules, an SFS?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm Sure Mine Are......-nt- new
      #216625 - 09/29/05 02:33 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Your mind and body are tired. new
      #216626 - 09/29/05 02:35 PM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

I have nothing against ADs unless they will make my C and bloat worse than it already is. I am taking magnesium pills (I took 3 last night hoping it would finally move something but along with the Miralax, Milk of Magnesia and Citracel, this did far less than usual). As for SF's, I'm taking Citracel.

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

Great advice Sand... new
      #216629 - 09/29/05 02:45 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

especially what you said about the boards being the margins of the diet - that's so dead on. I find that when I'm struggling with anything, before asking a question on the borads I go back and read the site and EFI - I've read through EFI so many times. You really do need to read this stuff over and over again!

This is of course not to put down the boards - I love the boards! But the basics of the diet are the backbone of managing IBS and sometimes it's easy to get confused, forget about those basics etc. with everything that gets discussed daily on the boards.

Re: There is no hope for IBS new
      #216631 - 09/29/05 02:59 PM
LittleFox

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: California

I understand how you feel, we all have been there at some point. I have been stable for 14 months. By stable I mean I have a bm twice some times 3 times per day. The bloating and gas are less intense and I feel better about myself.

I suffered one full year before I felt this good. IBS is incurable, but it can be controled with diet, exercise, SFS and a desire to get better.

Hang in there, your day will come as well.

BIG HUGS!!!!!!!!

Lene

--------------------
God never promised life would be easy, but he did promise to provide a way out!

Re: appreciate the... new
      #216644 - 09/29/05 04:57 PM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

feedback, and the excellent advice. bless you all. you always manage to somehow put up with my constant ramblings!!!!
I am definately giving this diet an honest shot, but I just really wanted to know how long it will take once I begin to incorporate IF into my diet. 6 months or a year is definately a loong time. It will be quite difficult to remain consistent with this plan.
Augie , I exercise for about 1 hour each day. If I'm lazy or if I'm not feeling up to it, sometimes I go easy on myself and only go for about 40min.
Linz, I know your an IBS-D, but your suggestions are usually dead-on. BTC diet for no more then 3 days!!! I will always remember that very important piece of information. I always used to stay on it longer, and wonder why I wasn't feeling better afterwards.
Lynx, you poor girl. I would often feel that way as well. Some days I would have extreme highs and lows. I would feel as if I had a bipolar disorder or something. I still feel like that, actually. I remember staying home one night, sulking, wondering what my chosen method of self-destruction would be. But I'm still here. Still trying. And still failing. But guess what? Tomorrow I'm starting it all over again, and I'm not going looking back at my mistakes.
Sometimes I find it easier to occupy my mind while starting out on the diet. Continue with my hobbies, etc. That way I can only make instant decisions on what to eat, instead of allowing my menacing mind to wander, eventually locking my interest onto other types of food I cannot have.

Wish me luck! And same to you all. I will be around the boards asking questions, as usual. Feel free to email me. Thanks again.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Another thing is that symptoms may change new
      #216647 - 09/29/05 05:07 PM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

What do you think, causes the symptoms to change? Sometimes I'd rather be a D though. But from your past experiences, which do you think is more difficult to deal with or more depressing??
I would just like for my bowel's to move sometimes. I used to have a lot of D in the mornings as a child, and when I became nervous. Wasn't fun. But neither is this.

--------------------
IBS-C

I have had IBS for over 20 years.... new
      #216652 - 09/29/05 05:42 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I have gone years with issues and years without. There has been a stretch of at least 10 years where my suffering was minimal and I have had a time off and on for eight years. I was finally nice and stable...had an argument with my spouse and suddenly my stomach is in knots.

I will not let it get the best of me...IT CANNOT WIN...I will not let it get me down. Tomorrow is another day...hopefully with the bloating and cramps gone.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Boy, that's true!!! new
      #216656 - 09/29/05 06:01 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

I have swung back and forth several times. I go from one extreme to the other. Sometimes in a matter of days, sometimes months, sometimes years. I NEVER know! It's frustrating when you're in the middle of a flare up. (like I am now) I just keep praying that I don't run out of sick days this year (I did last year) because I can't afford the salary cut. I have gone years that I have little or no symptoms whatsoever. I can eat anything I want with no ill effects. Then suddenly....I can't even eat fat free saltines and water for months on end!!!! It's frustrating, but it's nice to have somewhere like this where you know you're not alone!

Re: IBS-C: How LONG did it take?!?!?!?! new
      #216659 - 09/29/05 06:16 PM
StephanieF

Reged: 09/29/05

I have to say you have a point there. I stay constipated and when I hurt I am afraid to take a laxative since I sometime hurt more. I will try to use the soluble fiber but it will take a while and may or may not help. I'm betting the diet that Heather has put together will really help, though!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 169 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 72542

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review