All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)
Thanks, Laurel. -nt- new
      #216715 - 09/30/05 07:19 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lynx new
      #216747 - 09/30/05 08:46 AM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

I'm taking my Celexa again. I thought I didn't need it anymore for depression but I guess, over a year later, I do. Hopefully it'll help regulate things a bit for me. The hypno CD's cost too much and my dad doesn't belive in them anyway.

I'm currently taking 6g of citracel a day. Other SF's? I tried FiberCon. I don't know if that really helped or not. I didn't notice any difference.

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

Re: IBS-C: How LONG did it take?!?!?!?! new
      #216909 - 10/01/05 06:42 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

I consider myself fairly stable, as in I rarely have attacks. I still get a bit bloated at times, basiclly if I eat something I know I shouldn't, but for the most part I can eat a varied diet, and don't even need a SFS anymore I'd say looking at my registration date, it took me a year and a half at this web site to get to this point.

When I first started out, I could eat MUCH less variety, I was getting attacks almost everyday, and couldn't even tolerate 2 tablespoons of hummus without getting symptoms. It was frustrating at first, it seemed like everything I tried gave me attacks...most soluble fiber supplements, even Miralax. Following the diet definitly helped in cutting down the attacks a bit, but I was still very constipated(which in itself caused symptoms and attacks) and could only go once a week on my own.

What helped me is taking Colace(NOT Pericolace) everyday, and starting Metamucil. At the time I knew it was considered not good on this board, but I figured may as well give it a try. I was very surprised when suddenly I could eat things that normally would give me attacks, yet I was totally fine! The metamucil very much helped me be able to widen the variety of foods I was able to handle, but I needed the combination with the Colace to help me go everyday/every other day. So as I took this, I tried to add more and more fiber, but being careful not too much. Slowly I started being able to handle more and more things with insoluble fiber.

Finally I got to the point where I'm at now. One week I got really lazy with the Metamucil, and I realized I could still eat the same without symptoms! So I stopped taking it. Then I randomly started getting a tiny bit D, so I cut back on the Colace which fixed it, so now I just take one pill a day I do still try to eat semi-low fat, I cannot have whole wheat things...aside from that I can eat fairly normal. Although things like meat and dairy I don't eat anyway so I don't really count that.

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: Sadly, I have had that same thought new
      #216922 - 10/01/05 07:46 PM
Lummi Beader

Reged: 08/25/05
Loc: Bellingham, WA

I also have the same feelings and am not sure that the antidepressants are even a little bit helpful. I think it raises your mood chemically and still you have to deal with the sadness of IBS. I feel that when I am sad, it is because my life has been altered so much and changed so drastically that I know there is no way back to what I had before.

Before I became ill with IBS I was a hefty 190 pounds and I am only 5ft 6in, and I wore a size 18-20. I always thought I was too heavy and wanted to lose weight. I was always smiling and most of the time happy.

Then I got so sick I could not even drink water. During the past 7 years I have lost nearly 100 pounds. I know wear a size 8, and that is on a bloated day. I am now 54 and did not really want to wear small skimpy sexy little clothes at my age.

I look great for a 54 yr old woman, but I dont feel the part. I understand what happens when your IBS kicks in. Any weight that I might have gained, I lose during an IBS flare-up plus more. So I may never have to worry about getting fat again, but that is not a blessing.

I just say as far as diet???? I dont have any ideas, but wanted to let you know I have been there and am here to help in any way I can.

Lummibeader
IBS, PTSD,

--------------------
Honor the Creator... Seek peace!!!

Lummibeader
IBS-D with pain
and bloating

Re: I don't think.... new
      #216930 - 10/01/05 08:14 PM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

I don't think I can do this for a year. I can't. I know I can't. Not for an entire year. I've a;ready had this for three years. Since I was 14. It's not fair. I'm too young to have to do this.
I'd rather have IBS-D. How long does that take. ..Like, 3 days? Yippie..

--------------------
IBS-C

I am sorry, have to speak up here new
      #216936 - 10/01/05 09:15 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I am sorry but I think we are all here trying to help each other. I don't like it when people who are C say they wish they were D and vice versa. We all suffer equally that is why we are here. By minimizing the suffering of those with IBS-D you are doing what the rest of the "outside" world does.... oh it is only diarrhea can't you just suck it up and get dressed and come along, its not that bad. I understand that you are frustrated... I am too. There are people on here who have suffered for over 15 years who are just now finding relief. That is what this website is for, so we can all share knowledge so that your 3 years don't turn into 13. There is no set timeframe for when you will feel better, it depends on each person. But for me, even if it took a year or maybe even two to feel better, it would be a whole lot better than the last 10 I have spent in agony.
I hope you find relief soon, because trust me I know how you feel.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Thanks, Betharoo. I'm glad you spoke up. -nt- new
      #216937 - 10/01/05 09:53 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

I agree...and btw... new
      #216943 - 10/02/05 05:38 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...IBS-D does NOT take 3 days.

Re: Lynx new
      #216944 - 10/02/05 05:39 AM
Linz

Are you working on increasing your Citrucel dose? (Btw, I'm assuming that you meant 6g of pure SF from Citucel). 6g is NOT going to do alot.

Re: Michelle! new
      #216945 - 10/02/05 05:40 AM
Linz

Well eat SF really frequently, get plenty of fluids, suck on candy, try OTC travel sickness meds, try homeopathic meds...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1393 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 72542

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review