Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Can you guys Help me!?? sooo bloated/constipated
      #215831 - 09/26/05 06:31 AM
Maddie

Reged: 03/09/05
Loc: Boston , MA

Hi Everyone,

just looking for some advice, ok Wed last week, i must of ate something wrong I had an attack full on pain/spasms some BM's but didnt result in D which it usually does for me. ok since Wed I have been sooooooo Constipated and extrememly gasey (i mean really nasty gas) sorry ..i feel like im going to explode! i cant take it..ive been taking the Acacia everyday 2 tsp morn then 2tsp again at dinner..ive also been taking gas-x each day as well and thats not doing a thing! can you guys give me some advice on how to relieve the gas, and what i can do to go to the bathroom, should i take some fibercon? in the past that has usually made me go within a day or so. today is the 5th day im going crazy..also this is really gross but i also have mucous too, nasty nasty stuff..any help is very much appreciated

thank you very much!

--------------------
Thanks,
Maddie

-------
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Can you guys Help me!?? sooo bloated/constipated new
      #215910 - 09/26/05 10:50 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Sooo sorry you are having this type of attack! That is the one thing I have to say about IBS, the D was much quicker to get relief from than the C has ever been! I've been C predominant for more than 2 years now, and the bloat, pain and gas just all come in one nice package it seems. The peppermint tea is awesome for relief of the pain and some of the bloat. Fennel is supposed to be awesome for the gas ect...too, but I can't take the taste. Lots of water is a must with your SFS, and stick to very cooked veggies.

When I was at my worst, I would eat a microwave-baked sweet potatoe as a meal with my acacia. Patience is a virtue with C. Brisk walks help a lot too. I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#215913 - 09/26/05 11:02 AM
Maddie

Hi,
thanks for the reply..i cant take it, this is the worst for me yet! I have acid reflux as well, so i have been laying off the peppermint tea, would chamomile work? yes you're right i cant take the taste of the fennel either..
Thanks again i will take your advice! hope to be better soon

--------------------
Thanks,
Maddie

-------
IBS-D

#215953 - 09/26/05 12:42 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Chammomile would help. There are a couple of other supplements listed in the herbal section that would be good alternatives, but the names escape me as I write this! Water, moving about and IF if you can stand it! But waiting is the hardest part! hang in there!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#215961 - 09/26/05 01:06 PM
Maddie

Thanks! i'm trying my best

Take care,

--------------------
Thanks,
Maddie

-------
IBS-D

#216004 - 09/26/05 05:01 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Hey,

Another alternative to the peppermint or fennel is ginger tea. It really helps me get things moving, and it is very soothing. Traditional medicinals makes a tea called "Ginger Aid," and one called "Eater's Digest," both of which I've found to be helpful. Sometimes even drinking plain hot water helps me a bit. Also, don't forget to move, stretch, drink water, and get plenty of rest.

Take Care,

--------------------
Julia

#216008 - 09/26/05 05:40 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Hey, I forgot about that! Try drinking warm or hot water with 1/2 a lemon juice squeezed in it first thing in the morning. They say that it will stimulate a BM and kick start the digestive system. I don't do it because I'm IBS-D, but I found out the hard way!! It worked for me! Maybe it would work for IBS-C.
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#216026 - 09/26/05 07:35 PM
Lynn

Reged: 01/27/03
Loc: Virginia

My IBS these days has been more C than D. C is extremely painful for me, and I can wholeheartedly sympathize with you. I would recommend exercising. I find increasing my activity helps motivate my body. Drinking plenty of water. Have you tried Equalactin? I tried it once. It didn't do anything for me. I have gotten so desperate once I took Ex-Lax.

acidophilus and fish oil new
      #216095 - 09/27/05 09:05 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I am on a vitamin/supplement program for weightloss and general good health. It has acidophilus and fish oil in it. I have been going regularly...it has been a blessing.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

What is your dosage Poochibelly? new
      #216173 - 09/27/05 01:35 PM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

How much do you take per day and what times of day? Is it liquid form or pill form?

Thanks!
Jessica

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3588

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review