All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Booo, nothing is working for me anymore
      #215715 - 09/25/05 12:09 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Heather's Diet, SFS, calcium supplements, immodium, gas-x... All of it, and I am sick as a dog. So much D, and pain and cramping. I am going crazy.
I keep thinking about trying something new, like Digestive Advantage just to see if it helps but it seems like it only helps IBS-C, and I am very D.
For a little while, the calcium was like a miracle for me, then 2 weeks later.. BAM! Attacks every day. So was it not the calcium? Who knows??
I am just going nuts.
Grrrrrrr.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sorry Steph new
      #215718 - 09/25/05 12:15 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I don't know what to advise...as I am in the same boat if you exchange the D for the C!

How much Immodium and Calcium are you taking? Maybe you need more. Back when I was D the following worked best for me: Culturelle GG probiotic, slippery elm tea, Carob powder in heated Rice Milk. I got the idea from Dr. Weil's website.

Have you tried antispasmodics? How about Lotronex? Do they offer that in Canada?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Beth new
      #215721 - 09/25/05 12:23 PM
Stephie

Quote:

Hi Beth! I don't know what to advise...as I am in the same boat if you exchange the D for the C!
Aw, that's okay. I feel like I should be the one doing all the advising after this much time, but it's not working out that way right now! I know you are having a really rough go of it, too. How is the Acacia going? I wanted to say that when I first went out Acacia years ago, I did feel that at first I was going more often (the long thin ones) but it did get better.

How much Immodium and Calcium are you taking? Maybe you need more. Back when I was D the following worked best for me: Culturelle GG probiotic, slippery elm tea, Carob powder in heated Rice. I got the idea from Dr. Weil's website.
Well, what seems to happen for me is that I can take 1 immodium and it helps. Then the next time, I take 1 and it does nothing. So I take two. It helps. The next time I take two, and it's like I haven't even taken it. I think my body is just used to it by now. Like I was taking half a tablet before bed, and then the other half as soon as I woke up and that worked great for a couple of days.. Now if I do that, it's like nothing. I was taking two calcium chews a day, but then found that I was so sick so I read that it is supposed to help constipation and thought, "Uh oh". I was taking a probiotic, but didn't notice any change so stopped. I will start again and see what happens.
Have you tried antispasmodics? How about Lotronex? Do they offer that in Canada?
Yeah, I have been on about 5 different anti-spasmodics in the past year or so. I haven't found relief from any of them, and some have given some pretty nasty side effects. I haven't tried Lotronex, though. Maybe I will ask my doc about it. Most recently I was on Asacol, which is a Colitis med, which I thought was helping but then I got really sick again on the exact same dose so I went off of it, and no change, so I guess not!
It is just so confusing! You'd think after this many years, I'd have more of this stuff figured out more conclusively but nope! Grr.
Thanks for the help, though!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

I know, I feel the same.. new
      #215726 - 09/25/05 12:39 PM
Augie

...that by now I should be advising and not still hurting and unstable. We must just have stubborn cases!

I wanted to add that the Culturelle Brand of probiotic is the only kind that help my diarrhea. This strand of GG in this brand is actually used in hospitals to treat children with chronic diarrhea!

I never heard that calcium would help constipation. It cause C for most...which is reduced if you add magnesium to the regiment! Are you sure the "chews" didn't contain any unsafe ingredients? The only ones I see in the chew form contain fructose or other troublesome ingredients.

Maybe you need more immodium. Nelly takes tons of it everyday.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Booo, nothing is working for me anymore new
      #215734 - 09/25/05 02:06 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Yup. Been there. Um, well, actually, I'm STILL there. Gas-X has never done anything for me. Gas is not one of my symptoms unless I am literally on the verge of a D attack. I keep meaning to try the calcium but am still hesitating. I tried oyster shell calcium several months ago, and wow. My gut felt like I had been trying to eat oyster shells whole. On one of the other IBS message boards I looked at briefly, there was some lady who swore by taking Caltrate 600 Plus (the purple kind) three times a day.

At the moment I'm surviving mainly, I think, because I am eating so little. I make a big batch of homemade bread every couple days and eat that. I eat several pieces plain throughout the day so my stomach doesn't get empty, and at dinner I treat myself with a little bit of Soy Garden. On occasion I'll eat something else at dinner if I'm not feeling totally miserable.

What SFS are you using? All of them actually made my D worse. I'm on Acacia, and though I don't think it's actually made the D worse, it IS giving me bad gas, which makes me paranoid because, like I said, I've never had gas like that before unless I'm about to have D. I'm on 1/4 t a day, though I'm not taking it right now while I'm doing my (ugghhh) colonoscopy prep. I tried Acacia once before and it made me worse, but I might have started out w/ too much.

I take a lot of Imodium. The other day I had taken 8 before 10:30 a.m. I take Levsin and I take it like clockwork every 4 hours. It's not a cure, but it helps. I didn't think it helped that much since I was so sick anyway, but I've run out a couple times, and boy, do I ever feel it. I think that you have to be proactive with the antispasmodic for them to do any good. If you aren't on one, I would definitely go back to your doctor and get on one. Without mine I wouldn't be able to go to work.

Have you tried the warming stomach-wrap things that you can buy, generally meant for your period? If your heating pad helps when you're at home I'd give these a shot.

Sorry you are feeling so rough!!!! I really hope this next week is better for you.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#215736 - 09/25/05 02:19 PM
Stephie

Quote:

Hiya! Yup. Been there. Um, well, actually, I'm STILL there. Aw, I know. I have read some of your past posts, and I'm sorry you are suffering too. Especially with your colonoscopy prep, I had mine in july and i remember it well! Gas-X has never done anything for me. Gas is not one of my symptoms unless I am literally on the verge of a D attack. Well, I don't actually take Gas-X for gas as that isn't a huge problem, it's more gas PAINS that get me. I was told it could help relieve some of the pain, but it doesn't so I am thinking they may not be gas pains afterall and some other kind of pains. I keep meaning to try the calcium but am still hesitating.
At the moment I'm surviving mainly, I think, because I am eating so little. I make a big batch of homemade bread every couple days and eat that. I eat several pieces plain throughout the day so my stomach doesn't get empty, and at dinner I treat myself with a little bit of Soy Garden. On occasion I'll eat something else at dinner if I'm not feeling totally miserable.
Yikes, that is an insanely small amount to eat in the day! I definitely eat more than that, but I am sticking to what I know doesn't make me sick. I have slipped up, though, as I have been eating at places where I can't check the ingredients while I am at work. Starting tomorrow, I'll have a fridge to put a homemade lunch in so I expect that to help some.

What SFS are you using? All of them actually made my D worse. I have taken pretty much all of them (well, a lot anyway) but right now I WAS taking Prodiem powder until my cramps got too bad and I thought it might help if I stopped. Instead, I am taking Celevac tablets (which I got in the UK) which are chewable, and a loser dose.
I take a lot of Imodium. The other day I had taken 8 before 10:30 a.m. I take Levsin and I take it like clockwork every 4 hours. It's not a cure, but it helps. I didn't think it helped that much since I was so sick anyway, but I've run out a couple times, and boy, do I ever feel it. I think that you have to be proactive with the antispasmodic for them to do any good. If you aren't on one, I would definitely go back to your doctor and get on one. Without mine I wouldn't be able to go to work.
I find that if I take too much immodium, I run into other problems like major stomach cramps, stabbing pains and severe nausea. Otherwise, I'd probably just keep popping them like candy. Plus, as soon as they are out of my system, I get wicked attacks. I will look into Levsin and see how I go on that one, maybe. I am really broke, so right now I am not taking any prescription meds but once I have a better income, I will ask for a script.

Have you tried the warming stomach-wrap things that you can buy, generally meant for your period? If your heating pad helps when you're at home I'd give these a shot.
Yep, I use them sometimes. I sometimes find them more irritating than soothing, though.

Sorry you are feeling so rough!!!! I really hope this next week is better for you.
You and me both!! Thanks, I really appreciate it! I think I really will have to start back at square one and try some more new things.
Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: I know, I feel the same.. new
      #215737 - 09/25/05 02:30 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I'm in the same boat with ya! I read that post about the Caltrate 600+ and I bought some of that. Gave it two full weeks and I couldn't take it anymore! Made my stomach knot up bad.....nausea, REALLY bad.....so I stopped taking it. It wasn't helping my diarrhea, anyway. I took the Culturelle probiotic for over one month, just stopped it, today, because it was causing my heartburn. I couldn't figure out what it was until someone told me that probiotics can give some people heartburn. So, I stopped that and today, I have no heartburn! Wow, I don't know why it gave me heartburn, but it did and it didn't help with my diarrhea, either. I wrote them and told them about it and asked them if they had any suggestions and they said that it probably isn't the right probiotic for me. So, everyone is different. Try it and if you get heartburn....it's the probiotic! The Imodium has helped my diarrhea, so keep taking that. Take more if it doesn't help. I take one a day and STILL have a BM every single morning. But, I don't keep going and going and going like I was before. I have more stomach problems now than colon problems, I believe.
I had an attack earlier, today, and ever since then I have been trying to eat to keep my stomach full and I have such bad gas that I'm drinking Sprite to help get it out of my stomach. I know carbonated beverages are a BIG NO NO, but it sure does help keep my stomach settled.
Let me know if you find something that works for you!!
I will be praying for you!!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Steph new
      #215738 - 09/25/05 02:34 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Just a quick thought, reading your post: calcium is supposed to help D, not C. (C'ers are helped by magnesium.) The problem is the chews. Those calcium chews, if you get the same kind up there that we get here, ALL contain dairy. Every brand, every flavor, all of them. You might want to try calcium again, but in a tablet/pill this time. Just a thought!

augie new
      #215747 - 09/25/05 03:00 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

where do you get culterelle?

--------------------

Beth, I can't find this! new
      #215753 - 09/25/05 03:42 PM
jen1013

Where do you find the Culturelle? I've looked at Target, Wal-Mart, and Hy-Vee. None of them carry it. Guess I will try Walgreen's next.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

not ALL contain dairy ... new
      #215755 - 09/25/05 03:45 PM
jen1013

but I have only found one kind. I can't remember what brand, but the flavor sounded so gross I didn't even want to try it. Something like green apple & mango??

--------------------
jen

#215756 - 09/25/05 04:03 PM
jen1013

Quote:

Yikes, that is an insanely small amount to eat in the day! I definitely eat more than that, but I am sticking to what I know doesn't make me sick.

But you're sick right now. Stuff that was OK when your stomach was feeling better might violently disagree with it now. That's what's happening to me right now. Yeah, so bread isn't well-balanced (and I do eat about 3/4 loaf each day, which I don't think is tiny at all), but anything more well-balanced is gonna go right through me anyway. Better to hang on to what little nutrients I do get!

Quote:

I have taken pretty much all of them (well, a lot anyway) but right now I WAS taking Prodiem powder until my cramps got too bad and I thought it might help if I stopped. Instead, I am taking Celevac tablets (which I got in the UK) which are chewable, and a loser dose.

Never heard of that one. Are all the ingredients OK? Does it have anything iffy in it, like sorbitol? I guess I probably shouldn't recommend stopping it, but personally I always felt much better once I stopped taking the SFS. If you've been on the same kind for quite awhile it probably isn't hurting.

Quote:

I find that if I take too much immodium, I run into other problems like major stomach cramps, stabbing pains and severe nausea. Otherwise, I'd probably just keep popping them like candy. Plus, as soon as they are out of my system, I get wicked attacks.

That's kinda what's happening to me lately, too. If I take them I can ward off an attack longer, but the attack is much worse. If I don't take them, the attacks are more frequent but they aren't as bad. I try to take frequent small doses and that helps a bit.

Quote:

I will look into Levsin and see how I go on that one, maybe. I am really broke, so right now I am not taking any prescription meds but once I have a better income, I will ask for a script.

The generic for Levsin must be cheap because my co-pay is $1.07 for 30. Tell your doctor you're broke and ask if he can give you samples to try before you pay for the prescription -- this works for me though sometimes they just don't have samples of the drug.

Get some sleep and relax!!! Maybe you're just going through a stupid stress-induced IBS attack and you'll just have to wait it out. It isn't AF time is it? Everything has been pretty wonky for me since I went off BC. I keep getting my period (or is it maybe just bleeding? don't know) when I'm having my D attacks. At one point I was bleeding for over two weeks!!! It is just never-ending joy around here

--------------------
jen

Re: augie new
      #215762 - 09/25/05 05:19 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I found mine at Walgreens.

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

I found a berry one new
      #215763 - 09/25/05 05:27 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

that doesn't have dairy at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. One is Trader Joe's Brand, I dont' remember the other brand. THe chocolate ones do have dairy, but the berry flavored ones don't and I do fine with them. They're what I use to balance out all the magnesium in my fibro pills.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#215777 - 09/25/05 06:28 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Awww that totally sucks Steph I'm sorry you're suffering so much right now. Just a thought, but is it possible that this is really stress related right now? With your new job and everything...

I know that when I'm in a stressful period - particularly a period where my routine, life, etc. is changing - I can be doing everything right and still be getting attacks like crazy. The first few weeks of school are ALWAYS like that for me, every year.

I don't know if it is stress/anxiety related - or partially, anyway - or if it's something else, but maybe yoga, breathing, meditation, hypnosis etc. could help? Are you getting enough sleep? Could you try getting MORE, even if you are? Have you been having any time to do active things, like walking or getting to the gym, since you've started your job?

Also yeah, no matter what it says on the box, calcium should help D, not C. Just as long as there's no triggers in there they should be fine. However I've definitely had that happen to me a lot - something will work like a miracle drug for my gut for about 2 weeks and then, bam, either it stops working or it starts having the completel opposite effect Happened for me with digestive enzymes, various antispasmodics... sigh. Why must our guts resemble bratty children so (to quote Little Minnie from a while back )?

Anyway, I really hope you find something that helps and that you start to feel better soon! *MANY HUGS*

Re: booooooo new
      #215778 - 09/25/05 06:33 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Well Stephie, I don't post much but I'm often on the living room board and this board, and I remember that you're going through a lot right now with your new job. It could be that you're like me, in that no matter how good you are to your tum in diet, exercise, supplements etc, that very stressful or emotional situations affect you.

I'm totally projecting, as that is what is going on with me right now. I had an AWFUL, attack last night and moped around the apt. today feeling weak and continuing to be scared to eat as I still had d and some cramps. I've got too much on my plate (so to speak) at the moment, and its as if my stomach is expressing all my pent up emotions... the thing that stopped my attack finally last night was taking a paxil - which is for panic attacks. (I sometimes get that along with the ibs attack) It was my first time taking it, and it helped me breath again and somehow seemed to have eased the spasming.
I would suggest doing everything you can to deal with the stress - whatever you know works for you to get through this new struggle
Hang in there.
Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Culturelle new
      #215780 - 09/25/05 06:44 PM
Augie

I see it being sold at CVS, Walgreens, and Osco Drug store.

HTH

--------------------
~ Beth

Lucky!! new
      #215782 - 09/25/05 06:48 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I can't swallow large pills, so I haven't been able to take calcium sups at all because I can't find a chew anywhere that doesn't have dairy in it. (I know, I could eat tums, but they end up making my stomach feel funny - go figure!) I wish we had more options for health(y) food stores up here.

Large pills/Calcium supplements new
      #215783 - 09/25/05 06:58 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I can't find a chew without dairy either and I don't need the antacid in tum, so I've recently started taking Caltrate 600 + D. However, I bought a pill cutter and only take 1/2 pill w/ meals. Atm, I'm only taking 1/2 pill to see how it affects my IBS (I've been swinging to C). The pill cutter works GREAT and I'd recommend it to anyone having difficulty swallowing those huge-a** pills.

#215786 - 09/25/05 07:04 PM
lalala

I'm sorry you had such a crappy week! I agree with Laurel that it's probably the stress of a new job that's causing you this recent D attack.

Obviously, you know the diet well, all the tricks and tips, the common and hidden triggers, so there's not much more I can add. However, have you tried taking Imodium at night, before you go to bed and then again when you wake up? This has worked for me during those particularly difficult flare-ups.

I'm wishing you a better week, Stephie. Take care!

Re: Large pills/Calcium supplements new
      #216094 - 09/27/05 09:04 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I think the calcium carbonate in Tums IS the antacid. I can't see anything else in there that's an active ingredient.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Large pills/Calcium supplements new
      #216111 - 09/27/05 09:45 AM
lalala

Quote:

I think the calcium carbonate in Tums IS the antacid. I can't see anything else in there that's an active ingredient.

I didn't realize that! Thanks for the information, Sand. (When will I learn not to assume things? I didn't even check the ingredients because I didn't want an antacid...)

You are on the wrong track... new
      #216125 - 09/27/05 10:33 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I don't know whether this will help you or not, but all of the things you have been trying (with the exception of Heather's diet -- her diet rules not her recipes, that is) would send my IBS into orbit and I would be unable to function because of the pain and attacks.

With IBS, especially if it is severe, simplier is always better. By this I mean prepare everything yourself from scratch using Heather's diet rules.

Stay away from prepared foods and vitamin supplements, etc. I find prepared foods and supplements trigger IBS attacks. The only thing I recommend is Heather's organic acacia. However, I am sure you are aware a lot of IBS people have trouble tolerating it.

Basically, if you want to be well, you need to invest time in preparing your own food. That way you have full control over your food content.

The other key thing you need to be aware of is your food supply. If you eat poor quality food from cheap supermarkets, you may find yourself ill even though you are following Heather's diet. Therefore, you may need to spend more on your grocery bill to purchase better quality food. Personally I recommend eating organic because it is not genetically modified and has no additives or preservatives or harmones/antibiotics.

I'm afraid there are no quick and easy solutions for IBS. Too many people on this website are looking for a simple way and there just isn't one.

I have to sacrifice every Sunday afternoon and every Thursday evening after work, plus an hour each day, to preparing food from scratch. I also have to spend an inordinant amount of my budget on good quality, organic food. I'm fed up with it, but I've come to accept there is no other way around it. It is simply the price for being well.

In addition, IBS people need to follow a regime of exercise (gym workouts, etc.) and relaxation (yoga, etc.).

On the bright side, if you do all of these things, you will not only be well, but you will probably be healthier than anyone you know!

Hope you feel better very soon.

Re: You are on the wrong track... new
      #216129 - 09/27/05 10:48 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I'm sure ALL of us were looking for a quick fix when we first found this site, and yes it does take awhile to sort things out and what works for you (the general you, not anyone specific)individually.

Not everyone can find all organic food. Not everyone can afford it, either. Yes, IBS does make you have to slow down & prepare at least some of your own food, but once again, preparing EVERYTHING yourself is not an option for everyone.

As for the calcium, thing, I must say I don't have much to add. I take a multivitamin that has 35% of the RDA for calcium. I am also able to drink soy milk and soy cheese without problem, but I realize this isn't an option for everyone. I believe my sister (she's IBS-D; I'm more of an A lately) does the caltrate thing, but she does a lot of things differently than I do when it comes to IBS.

It comes down to "pick your own guru" as was mentioned in another recent thread. Find what works for you and stick with it.

#216150 - 09/27/05 11:37 AM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Snorkie:

I think you misunderstand me. I am simply stating the best (ideal) way of dealing with IBS, in particular for people who have a SEVERE CASE of it. The best way is to prepare everything yourself and use a high quality food source. It is obvious not every person can do this or can afford to do this. But it is common sense that this would probably be a good approach if you are extremely ill with IBS.

I am talking about the people on this board, including the author of the original post of this thread, who are very ill and who have found little or no relief from their current diet/lifestyle regimes even though they are following Heather's diet. In order to be well, these people may have to prepare everything from scratch (unless they can find IBS-safe prepared food somewhere ... for example, I am able to purchase IBS-safe bread from a good bakery where I live) and they may also have to use good quality food (organic is probably the best).

I'm not saying this to antagonize people. I am simply stating a reality. I don't think it's a question of what we want to do (whether we have time to make our own food or whether we can afford good quality food). I think it's a question of what we might have to do in order to be well -- especially for those who are finding that nothing seems to work. We can choose not to take this approach (because we have no time and we can't afford it), but the result could be continued illness. This, again, is the reality.

I continued to be ill until I made some dramatic changes, including switching my food supply to organic (whenever possible and feasible) and preparing my own food. I removed everything from my diet containing additives and other junk. And, of course, I employed Heather's diet rules.

After battling IBS for 47 years, and having a very severe case of IBS, my conclusion has been that generally staying away from most prepared foods (except those you find are safe) and staying away from anything containing additives, chemicals, etc. and preparing my own food from a good quality food supply is the best method for me of dealing with IBS. I have found in my experience that even the most minute ingredient can trigger an attack. So even a pesticide in a conventional veggie can make me ill whereas I might be able to tolerate the veggie if it were pesticide-free.

I truly hope others won't have to take such a drastic journey to wellness as I have, but I suspect it may be necessary for some. If so, one might have to dedicate much more time in preventing IBS attacks (preparing one's own food, etc.) -- which seems to me to be a much better option than to dedicating most of one's time to recovering from IBS attacks.

By the way, organic food need not be expensive. There are sales all the time, just like regular food. Also, prepared food is expensive so if you generally cut it out, you can free up more money for better quality food. I also forego some things I like doing like seeing movies at the theatre, etc. in order to bolster my food budget to purchase high quality food so I can be well. It just depends on your priorities I guess.

#216155 - 09/27/05 12:08 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

Quote:

I'm not saying this to antagonize people. I am simply stating a reality.

i think that's part of what's antagonizing people - you're stating your opinions, not realities, but you're stating them as if they were facts. organic food is what works best for you, but part of what works so well with the community of this board is respecting the fact that everyone's ibs is different, and everyone's best way to be healthy is different as well.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Edited by jaime g (09/27/05 12:54 PM)

Stephie new
      #216157 - 09/27/05 12:24 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I hope you feel better soon *hugs*

I don't have much advice...I like the idea of checking to make sure the calcium chew you were taking was dairy free and considering taking cal in another form.

For gas pain...the only thing that works for me is yoga....which is troublesome if you are out and about...but when I'm home I do yoga for say 15-30 mins, I'm passing gas, and feeling BETTER! The pain goes AWAY! I don't know if it would work for you...but if you haven't tried yoga upon an acute pain attack from gas/bloating go for it

As for D...well...I'm an A who is mostly C. So I'm not going to be much help

I hope you figure it all out soon...you're an amazing gal who deserves some serenity and wellness already *hugs*

Love ya!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pilates also works wonders. new
      #216159 - 09/27/05 12:31 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I find that I have much better days (less cramping and gas) when I do pilates for five minutes in the morning. It's realy amazing.
Wow! When do you find time for so much yoga?

#216160 - 09/27/05 12:34 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

OMG! I hate going through spouts like that. I think you need to do the starting over thing (what to eat when you can't eat anyhting) and then gradualy try each new thing to see what works. I know it sounds corny and tiring, bu tkeep a journal of what you eat, what meds you take etc. and how you feel that day. Goos luck. I hope you feel better soon.

That wasn't me. *DELETED* new
      #216161 - 09/27/05 12:49 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Post deleted by Snorkie

sorry-- new
      #216162 - 09/27/05 12:53 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

that was me being a doofus with my quoting skills - she'd been addressing you, and it quoted that. fixed now.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

I did eat organic and homemade... new
      #216180 - 09/27/05 02:05 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

...for months and it made no difference, except in the pocketbook. I was in just as much pain even with organic, natural foods.

Hopefully you didn't mean to infer that if we were just not lazy and made our own foods, we would feel better....or that we might not be stable until we do. I am not lazy and do take the time to cook everything myself. And you know what? I'm still in agonizing pain and extremely constipated.

I don't eat organic at all and at the moment am more stable than I have been in years. new
      #216195 - 09/27/05 05:05 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

Having IBS has been so frustrating...I don't have the time or the inclination to prepare my own food or anything like that. Periodically my triggers change but since going on a supplement that includes fish oil and acidophilus I have been going two to three times a day! Yahoo!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1075 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5601

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review