All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
GETTING WORSE
      #214597 - 09/20/05 08:28 AM
trixie

Reged: 09/10/05

Have been on Zelnorm 12 days. How long does it take for the zelnorm to kick in? I have major dizziness and anxiety for three + hours when i take zelnorm and am useless then.
C not improved. Bloating is slightly better. Feel miserable...need your advice
Trixie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: GETTING WORSE new
      #214616 - 09/20/05 08:57 AM
vanillabean

Reged: 09/09/05
Loc: Mississippi

Hi Trixie!
First off I will say if you are feeling dizzy and anxiety from the Zelnorm(a stated side effect) - Contact your Doctor! !!!
secondly- Zelnorm did little for me. I was on it a year and a half ago for 3 months. No relief on my part. But goodluck to you!

--------------------
~Jennifer~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wedding date- May 20th, 2006!

Problem with Zelnorm (m) new
      #214638 - 09/20/05 09:43 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Just a suggestion. If you have a post with questions about something specific, put the most important word (like Zelnorm) in the Subject line. Not everybody reads every post and people who've been on Zelnorm can't tell that's what you were asking about and might just skip over your post without reading it.

I've never taken Zelnorm, but VanillaBean's advice to call your doctor sounds good to me. Big time side-effects after taking it for 12 days doesn't sound right to me.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: GETTING WORSE *ZELNORM new
      #214650 - 09/20/05 10:04 AM
trixie

Reged: 09/10/05

Thank you Jennifer. I spoke with my Doctor and he instructed me to reduce the dose to 6mg a day (i was taking 6mg twice a day) so I have taken 1/2 pill a few times and it still leaves me in this crazy state. I took 1/2 a pill at 7AM, it's 10Am and i cannot function...should i try it for 3 months also?? when do you know it's just not going to work??? this was my only hope
Thanks again for responding
Trixie

Trixie... new
      #214723 - 09/20/05 12:30 PM
beth71

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas

My doctor had me try Zelnorm, and it made me feel awful and have the same symptoms as you are having. In the Zelnorm commercial and information, it states that it doesn't work for everyone. Maybe you should stop taking it all together and start from square one. I know that is frustrating, believe me, I'm there right now, but it could be the best thing for you. Good luck and I hope you find some relief soon.

~Beth

Re: Trixie... new
      #215448 - 09/23/05 12:54 PM
Mayghan

Reged: 09/23/05

I've been taking Zelnorm for a year now and I've always had the exact same symptoms. For Zelnorm to work for me I have to also take an anti-anxiety.

--------------------
gluten free, lactose free, vegitarian, organic, hypoglycemic

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1818 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1530

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review