Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
No news, good news!
      #214149 - 09/18/05 01:35 PM
professor

Reged: 07/19/05
Loc: Winnipeg, Canada

Hello all IBS'ers

There's only one good reason why you have not heard from me in awhile, I have been completly stable for a month and a half now. I tolerate everything in Heather's diet now, fish, chicken, olive oil, soy product, IF, etc. Following Heather's guidelines, I even cheat from time to time and have myself a good glass of red wine while I'm eating.

What's my secret? Well, Sand was completly right: the minute I hit the 15 grams mark of SFS a day I started to be stable + time in the diet.

So, I've been doing great. I've been experimenting with all kinds of variation of muffins, mmm! I ate Salmon with a soy milk thym sauce at noon...mmm! I went to Philadelphia in august and had the greatest time, the hotel would cook my french bread in the morning with egg whites and I tried all those great asian restaurent! You can travel with your IBS! The BIG test will be when I go to Bordeaux (France) in october, cause I know I won't be able to resist duck confit with a glass of Bordeaux (a double-trigger, i'm bad!). But you know what, I will be fine, even I get an attack afterwards, cause I know exactly what to do now when that happens. Like Heather's says, I am not even thinking about IBS anymore, but always got my back-up plan (in this case: pretzels and mint tea!).

OK! A question for you pros! I've been trying to find a good soy cheese and they all seem to have casein in them! Heather's says casein's a trigger! So, is there any cheese without casein?

In Heather's book, she incorporate Jasmin and Chai tea in some recepie for drinks, are they safe if drinked alone? I would like to expand my range in teas, but don't know if Jasmin and Chai vanilla décaf would be safe...

So, to all of you guys who are presently suffering, there's hope! Calm down and Hang in there! I'm living proof!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: No news, good news! new
      #214156 - 09/18/05 02:03 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I noticed you had disappeared - I'm so glad it was because you're doing so well! Enjoy France in October. Bon Voyage!

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#214168 - 09/18/05 02:56 PM
vanillabean

Reged: 09/09/05
Loc: Mississippi

Thats great that you are stable and able to incorporate more foods into your diet!

how do you reach 15g soluble fiber/day... supplement or food?

--------------------
~Jennifer~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wedding date- May 20th, 2006!

#214192 - 09/18/05 06:17 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I believe he meant 15g a day from a supplement, in addition to what you get from food, because the idea *total* range (from food and a supplement) is higher than that, around 25-30g total.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2240 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 515

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review