All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Baked Lays
      #214148 - 09/18/05 01:25 PM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

I know that it says on the site that they are safe, but I would like a little feedback before I try them myself.

Does anyone have trouble with the additives and preservatives they contain? And how many can you tolerate? ..I'm having trouble finding safe manufactured food items. What does everyone eat as a snack!!!

--------------------
IBS-C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Baked Lays new
      #214150 - 09/18/05 01:40 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

I haven't had any issues with them and can eat them on an empty stomach. Of course, that doesn't mean you can eat half the bag in one setting... but they seem to be safe.

Re: Baked Lays and a question of my own.......................... new
      #214153 - 09/18/05 01:44 PM
AndrewL

Reged: 02/20/05

Dear Hearts;
I have absolutely no problem with any baked chips whatsoever as long as I'm stable.However,as you said-it might be the specific preservatives in that particular brand-try baked Ruffles and see if you have the same reaction.I bake a cornbread to DIE for-I hope to post the reciepe at the other board soon.Peeled fruits,your own homemade cakes and breads and safe cereals like Corn Chex and Cheerios are all great safe snacks.I recently found low fat Pop Tarts,but they contain high fructose corn syrup and they may pose a problem-too early to tell.I do have a question of my own-BEVERAGES are a HUGE problem for IBS and I'm just about ready to throw herbal teas against the wall. The fact that I need to lose wieght is making it harder.I SO miss diet beverages.Flavored herbal teas like Wild Berry and Tangerine Zinger are good and helpful-but there are times you're just dying for a soda.Lately,I've begun drinking Diet Coke with Splenda-and so far it SEEMS TO HAVE NO ILL EFFECTS! Unlike Nutrasweet,which is automatic stomach attack for me.I feel like celebrating-but now I'm not sure.It may just be the calm before the storm. Also-there's the concern about the long term affects of the compound-which are not well understood at this point.
Anyone want to comment on this-because I really don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth,but I'm afraid if I don't,It'll run me over........
Sincerely,
Andrew L.

Re: Baked Lays and a question of my own.......................... new
      #214155 - 09/18/05 01:50 PM
Lucrece

Reged: 04/29/05
Loc: Canada

Thanks, I try to stop being to cautious and try the chips. I think I had problems with Post brand 'honeycomb' cereal. Has anyone else? I love them too. What a shame. And they were listed as safe.
As for drinks. I gave up carbonated drinks YEARS before even hearing about the IBS diet. So now I don't even like the thought of soda. Disgusting.
I know what you mean about beverages, however, but haven't you tried smoothies? I haven't yet. And I'm dying to try them! They must be good. I think we can have iced tea as well. And I believe we can have cocoa but only if we make it from scratch! Check the recipe section of the site and click 'beverages.' Should be something there to satisfy you.
I don't know how you are able to possibly tolerate splenda coke. I wouldn't even risk it. ..I do miss beer though.

--------------------
IBS-C

#214157 - 09/18/05 02:34 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Plain Baked Lays taste like cardboard to me. Baked Ruffles taste better, but I can't do more than one serving (about 12 chips) without having a little of trouble.

Pringles Lite, on the other hand & strangely enough, do not bother me.

#214166 - 09/18/05 02:54 PM
vanillabean

Reged: 09/09/05
Loc: Mississippi

I havent had problems with baked lays or tostitos.

does anyone know about Quaker Corn Bran squares cereal? safe?

--------------------
~Jennifer~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wedding date- May 20th, 2006!

#214178 - 09/18/05 03:54 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I eat Baked Lays and Baked Ruffles like they're going out of style and have never had a problem with either. The BBQ flavor also settles great for me.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Just finished snacking on a few of them -- one of my fav snacks new
      #214223 - 09/18/05 08:44 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I have to watch it or I'll gain back all I've lost! Besides - they probably aren't safe when you eat half the bag. I do like them though -- and haven't had any trouble with them.

Anybody tried baked Cheetos? new
      #214225 - 09/18/05 08:53 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

oooooh...

Baked Cheetos most likely contain dairy new
      #214231 - 09/19/05 02:52 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

And I envy y'all who can eat the Baked Lays... they just go straight through me.

#214247 - 09/19/05 06:52 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I can eat plain baked lays with no problems. The rest of the chips mentioned here have MSG and I react to it severely so they are a defeinite no for me.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: Anybody tried baked Cheetos? new
      #214261 - 09/19/05 08:26 AM
DeeSingleton

Reged: 01/11/05
Loc: Indiana, USA

Baked Cheetos are okay for me. Actually, I've been eating them almost daily for lunch with a safe sandwich. I was so excited when they came out with them!! I'm sure its like anything, it all depends on YOUR body.

Re: Anybody tried baked Cheetos? new
      #214267 - 09/19/05 08:34 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

they do have dairy, and if i recall, still a high-ish amount of fat. or maybe it's high-ish calories. not sure. but sure about the dairy.

j

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1037 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3377

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review