Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Feeling depressed/lyrae31 new
      #21908 - 09/29/03 04:32 AM
skywalker

Reged: 09/08/03
Loc: CT USA

lyrae31,

No offense taken. Besides beaglelover has laughed alot more at my trials. No offense "b". yes i cna only imagine what image you came up with. " the porta pottie only has a curtain as well" that should give you some more to chuckle about. You should really read the Hefty bag story i wrote to beaglelover around page 20.

have a good one.

--------------------
Luke
<><

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling depressed about IBS new
      #22301 - 10/02/03 10:24 AM
voidog

Reged: 10/02/03

I am a new member & I'm not sure if I have IBS. Before I go to a doctor I would like some information. The problem that I seem to be having is that I move my bowels 3-4 times before noon (all leaving me releived) & once a night. My morning routine is a cup of decaf coffee with non-dairy creamer & a bowel of cereal (Too much fiber in cereal makes it worse). I have been going to the bathroom like this for years. It's dibilitating because I can't go out far in the morning because I know I'll have to goto the bathroom. My diet consist of no dairy, alot of vegetarian food, fish, & rice. I know your not a doctor but what do you think. Thanks

#22305 - 10/02/03 11:17 AM
Karin

Reged: 02/11/03
Loc: Southern California

My advice is to stop drinking coffee ASAP. It is the worst trigger for most IBSers, it's not the caffeine, it's an enzyme in coffee. Try a roasted soy coffee like Rocamojo or an herb tea.

#22366 - 10/03/03 07:27 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Aargh! Coffee! NOOOOO! That stuff makes me sooo much worse, which is a pain as I used to love it! Don't drink it!

#22368 - 10/03/03 07:38 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hi Brown Eyes

I'm a newbie too, although I was diagnosed a year ago. Like so many of us, my diagnosis made me depressed. A chronic illness that few people understand and that you tend not to get a lot of synmpathy and understanding for - why wouldn't that depress anyone!

Btw, you sound so lucky with your friends. I've found that its important to let the people around you - friends, parents, partners, etc. - know about what IBS actually is as it can get hard for them when you're ill all the time. You don't want people telling you to snap out of it (quite impossible) when you're mid-attack!

My IBS has actually meant that I needed to change my life plans (it's hard to be an offshore sailor with IBS!) and I got really depressed for a while. But now, with meds and the help of a loving family and fiance, as well as a great doc (and now this wonderful site!), I'm feeling so much better.

IBS is a right pain (excuse the pun!), but Heather is proof that is doesn't need to wreck your life. Finding this wonderful, supportive site has helped me a lot, as has the discovery that I can still eat yummy foods as long as I'm careful.

My top tip atm if you're feeling down is to make Tess Louise's Antidepressant Brownies - recipe on the recipe index. I made these yesterday and they were fantastic! So fantastic in fact, that my fussy housemates finished off the lot and I've made more for the weekend!

Happy eating!

Linz

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4312 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4121

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review