Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Lexapro
      #212163 - 09/09/05 07:30 PM
beth71

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas

Hi everyone,

I haven't been here in long time due to a move from California to Texas. My stomache has been a mess. Stress is a killer for me and my anxiety is getting worse. I have been to the doctor and am on Miralax and Ambien (because I can't sleep very well). I have now been prescribed Lexapro for my anxiety. I remember reading from time to time, about people on Lexapro, but I did a search and didn't come up with much. I'm wondering how it has helped or not for those of you that take it. I watch the clock everytime that I have to take my girls to thier activities and by the time we have to get in the car to go, I'm so stressed out that I have to run to the potty. I'm hoping the Lexapro will help me relax a bit. I'm also wondering, for those of you who take it, if you take it in the morning or evening? Thank you so much for all your help and advice.

~Beth
now in Fort Worth, Texas

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I love my Lexapro! new
      #212171 - 09/09/05 08:57 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I started Lexapro about a year ago, for treatment of anxiety disorders (GAD and PTSD). I can't say that it cured my IBS, but it sure did help the anxiety, which did help my IBS quite a bit.

I actually take mine at lunchtime, with food. I found that I was too foggy-headed to remember to take it in the morning, and my schedule is too unreliable at night to ever take it at the same time.

However, something to keep in mind is that you will likely have side effects from Lexapro at first, for the first couple weeks (they will go away!!), and the most common side effect is drowsiness, so you might want to take it at night. Taking it with food will minimize any potential stomach upset (but I had absolutely none of that when I started - just the drowsiness).

Great Head Shot, Atomic Rose! new
      #212205 - 09/10/05 08:05 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I hair style hunting--NOW THAT I HAVE HAIR!!! (Yes, it's at the point that is screaming for a trim. Truly a miracle.)

We actually look like we could be sisters (I swear I'm not a stalker). Anyways, I love it and I know it would look perfect on me too! It's so carefree/bedhead/fuss as much as you want, but less is more! It says "french perfume," it screams "Anais Nin" Okay, I'll stop. It's "peripetetic, poetic, & chic."

It's just so...you. But may I borrow the style, should I wrestle up some salon courage?

Kate.

Lexapro gave me my life back... new
      #212222 - 09/10/05 10:15 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

Before I started on it I was following Heather's diet and having fairly good results, but I was still having trouble leaving the house. Within a week I could leave the house in the AM(mornings were waaaayyyyy worse for me) W/O even having to wear a pad "just in case". My anxiety is so much better, I feel like myself again.

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Re: Lexapro....w/a p.s. to beth new
      #212290 - 09/10/05 06:53 PM
meep

Reged: 06/06/05
Loc: Texas

I'm not on Lexapro, but I'm interested in finding out how it works for others. I've been on zoloft for years, but recently discovered that maybe it's not the best for IBS. So I'm curious about how it will work.

ps...Welcome to FW!!! That's where I live!

ROFL!! new
      #212294 - 09/10/05 07:28 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

The style is really called "I got a pixie cut back in February and I haven't cut it since then"... but I definitely prefer your description! Feel free to borrow it if you'd really like. It IS nice and carefree and messy. Messy is the best; my hair looks the same first thing in the morning as it did when I went to bed the night before. I don't think I'll ever "style" my hair again.

And fear not - I've had a stalker before, and I'm quite sure that you're not one. LOL!

Re: ROFL!! new
      #212312 - 09/10/05 11:05 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

JBF hair, lol! (Just been f***)

Kate.

Wind...might you be a "Chorus Line" fan?~nt~ new
      #212331 - 09/11/05 05:42 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Thanks to all...note to meep new
      #212332 - 09/11/05 05:43 AM
beth71

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Fort Worth, Texas

Thank you to all who responded about Lexapro. Today is day 2 and I'm really looking forward to losing my anxiety. Yesterday was the first day in over a week that I was able to get out the door and go to my daughters cheerleading game and my other daughters soccer game. It was a huge step and felt great. I hope that continues!!!

Meep- the doctor offered me Zoloft, but I had been on it before with too many sexual side affects...so I asked for something else. Like I said above...pill #2 today. I love FW. We've only been here since June and the only thing that gets us is the heat. I really like it here. Thanks for the welcome.

~Beth

Re: Lexapro new
      #212398 - 09/11/05 02:28 PM
emily_m

Reged: 09/05/05

I took Lexapro for a while and thought it helped with my anxiety. Unfortunately, it turned me into a zombie. I slept all weekend long and couldn't get up! My dr. switched me to Celexa, but I don't think it's helping.

Good luck,
Emily

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 814 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1830

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review