All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Re: AstroChick new
      #213522 - 09/15/05 08:20 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

Can you, yourself, eat the fruits with tougher skins, like apples or pears, unpeeled?

Do you eat an acutal SF Food before the IF....or is taking an SFS supplement beforehand safe enough.

Thanks for any help.

Yes, I do eat unpeeled fruit, particularly when I feel myself heading towards C. I'll have it at the end of a meal that has SF. I don't usually eat fruit all by its lonesome.

If you're eating a lot of little meals, just have smaller portions of everything: a half or quarter sandwich plus a small chunk of fruit. Yeah, you might end up throwing out some food, but better to throw it out than to eat it and feel sick!

--AC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Do bananas make your D worse?-nt new
      #213570 - 09/15/05 09:42 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

#213573 - 09/15/05 09:49 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Quote:

Yes, I do eat unpeeled fruit, particularly when I feel myself heading towards C. I'll have it at the end of a meal that has SF. I don't usually eat fruit all by its lonesome

So, the unpeeled fruits do include the harder skinned fruits, like apples and pears...raw too?

And you do eat an SF food in the meal, not just rely on your Acacia? Or do you take Acacia before the meal and eat the SF in the meal?

If I ate about 3/4 cup of cereal, do you think that is enough SF for an unpeeled plum, apple, nectarine?

What if I have a veggie in the meal? Can I still have a fruit or is that going overboard?

Sorry so many questions.

#213836 - 09/16/05 09:46 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

So, the unpeeled fruits do include the harder skinned fruits, like apples and pears...raw too?

Oh, I love apples, and I eat a raw one a day (peel and all) when I can get local ones in the fall. I don't eat so many pears, but the other fruits I eat (peaches, nectarines, berries) I rarely peel or cook. But they're never more than 1/3 or 1/4 of my meal.

Quote:

And you do eat an SF food in the meal, not just rely on your Acacia? Or do you take Acacia before the meal and eat the SF in the meal?

Yes, I have SF in every meal I eat, even if I'm taking one of my acacia doses at the same time. I only take acacia twice a day, though, so I have several meals/snacks without it. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd have acacia with every meal, though!

Quote:

If I ate about 3/4 cup of cereal, do you think that is enough SF for an unpeeled plum, apple, nectarine?

What if I have a veggie in the meal? Can I still have a fruit or is that going overboard?

Everyone is different. You're not going to know what works for you until you try it out yourself. You can always start out with smaller amounts of fruit and/or chop and/or cook it, and then ramp up from there.

But personally, I do sometimes have fruits and vegetables at the same meal. One of 'em is going to be cooked or chopped or put in a smoothie, though! And I'm still a little wary about salads, although there are enough people here eating them that I'm going to challenge myself the next time I see a yummy one.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2304 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16906

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review