All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
Sidewalker new
      #212264 - 09/10/05 03:43 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Dairy is one of Heather's 4 trigger foods and is a trigger for all forms of IBS, not just IBS-C. Prunes, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds are all IF and should be eaten carefully with an SF base.

This Board is support for people who are using Heather's guidelines to help their IBS. When you make suggestions that are way out of line with Heather's approach, would you please make it clear you're doing so? That way new people who are looking for help following Heather's diet will not be confused by hearing advice that runs totally contrary to what Heather recommends.

Thanks.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Does your ex-girlfriend's 95 year old grandfather have IBS? -nt- new
      #212265 - 09/10/05 03:44 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Does your ex-girlfriend's 95 year old grandfather have IBS? -nt- new
      #212267 - 09/10/05 03:56 PM
Sidewalker

Reged: 01/04/05

yep - for a good portion of his life

I believe Heather says no to this as well... new
      #212393 - 09/11/05 01:56 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

but once in a while can be OK as long as it's a gentle one!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: I feel so hopeless new
      #212412 - 09/11/05 04:37 PM
crew

Reged: 06/24/05

Thanks so much for clearing those up! That will be a huge help I'm sure!

The main reason I keep starting my diet over, is usually because .. after a while of seeing no changes, I just decide that I'm doing something wrong. I am scared to try a lot of different things b/c .. since I am so C .. it will be nearly impossible for me to know what IF's I am handling well, and what IF's I should avoid. Is it possible for an IF to constipate me more .. or is it more along the lines of gas,bloating, and cramps that people speak of. Because, I know there are many who say "I dont tolerate tomatoes" or "Whole grains are impossible for me". In what way do you mean? Diarrhea, MORE constipation, gas, bloating??? To be honest .. I don't care if something is going to cause me D. I would be thrilled! I don't ever have pain with my IBS so nothing ever causes me cramping or spasms. I keep wondering if maybe fruits like grapes and oranges (that normally cause some folks D) might be a good thing for me? But anyway .. my day to day usually goes like this

Breakfast (One of these) 8am
-Oatmeal with rice milk and strawberries W/ SFS
-Jamba Juice protein smoothie w/ SFS (bananas, strawberries, soymilk, and soy protein ... i emailed the company and this is dairy and HFCS free)
-Plain bagel with jelly (seedless, and HFCS free)
-Cream of Rice w/ brown sugar and SFS

.. then usually about 2 hours later I have a piece of fruit (with the peel) apple, mango, nectarine, or banana

Lunch 12:00
-Leftovers from the night before
-Sandwhich on white bread with deli turkey and safe mayo (Hellmans 'Just 2 good'
-Pasta with garlic salt and chicken/shrimp

2:30
-Pretzels
-carrots in RF peanut butter
-oatmeal
-fruit
-dry safe cereal

4:00
-same as above

Dinner 7 or 8 pm
-This is always something from the IBS recipe exchange

Looking over these .. i realize that i do need more IF. But, like I said .. I am too scared to begin eating something that might be making me worse, and I won't even know. Plus .. I fill up with so much gas, that it almost seems like THAT makes me more C too. When re-introducing IF .. how slow exactly are we supposed to do it? hah. I mean .. is it like, small amounts in every meal .. orr, just IF in one meal a day .. and then two meals a day ... and then so on? Also .. on some of the fruits that you guys avoid, is this due to diarrhea? Or something else? Because I think plums and other fruits might be helpful for me.

Anyway .. Thanks for EVERYONE'S help! This board is so great about jumping in and supporting everyone. I really appreciate it .. I'm feeling pretty low right now about all of this .. but hopefully I will eventually get on the right track, and find my groove.

#212432 - 09/11/05 05:49 PM
Maritimer

Reged: 09/07/05
Loc: East Coast Canada

Quote:

.. then usually about 2 hours later I have a piece of fruit (with the peel) apple, mango, nectarine, or banana

I don't think you are supposed to eat the peeling of fruit! Someone else can probably clalify!

LOL, I call it OUTmeal new
      #212436 - 09/11/05 06:00 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

...because it gives me D. It's so funny when I hear someone has a name for something that I have a name for...!

~nelly~

#212467 - 09/11/05 07:46 PM
crew

No .. eating the peel is fine, for some people .. especially when they are IBS-C. Its just Insoluble Fiber .. although, it should be eaten after some SF first.

#212471 - 09/11/05 07:50 PM
crew

I think many of these suggestions, are actually VERY big no-no's. Heather has specifically warned us about enemas and aloe. Also, figs and seeds are IF ... although they probably are healthy and may improve regulation .. they need to follow some SF. I have eliminated dairy from my diet ... along with all of the other triggers. My problem is figuring out what my Insoluble Fiber triggers are ... trigger meaning, making my C worse.

Elmo's Yummy Tummy Oatmel ... new
      #212477 - 09/11/05 08:06 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I found it in the healthfood section in Krogers. It's the only oat meal I found that I can eat without a reaction. It's embarressing to buy it but I just pretend it's for my kids.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1486 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16906

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review