All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Finally officially diagnosed
      #21211 - 09/19/03 11:05 AM
Browneyes

Reged: 07/09/03
Loc: NY School MA Home

After years of "suspected IBS" I was finally officially diagnosed yesterday (It took me a while to get into the GI. I hate doctors) So now my tummy aches have a name, and I was prescribed Librax. Has anyone been on this? I'd love insight. I really wish I could control it by diet alone, but the availability of low fat soluble fiber on campus is slim to none. We have one pasta place that is open 11-6 M-F who smothers their pasta in butter and/or cheese. Darn 'em all... I eat far too many naked plain bagels and plain turkey sandwiches to feel so nasty. I'm sure you all feel me on the frustration note. I'm going to order the book I think. I have a friend at school with Crohn's which is different, but on the same idea so she's a real big help. Took me long enough to ask a simple question about Librax, huh?

--------------------
"I'd rather a half hour of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Finally officially diagnosed new
      #21213 - 09/19/03 11:17 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello, Librax is a drug to help keep your colon from spasming. I was on it for a while and it didn't do much for me, except make me sleepy. I have known people that it has helped though! There are many kinds, Bentyl is another popular one so if the Librax doesn't help there are other brands to try. Hope your tummy starts feeling better!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Finally officially diagnosed new
      #21265 - 09/19/03 06:11 PM
busymom

Reged: 06/30/03
Loc: Michigan

My doctor tells me that 60% of all people with IBS are unable to eat any dairy, so watch your dairy really carefully. Red meat can also trigger IBS, so watch for that. Both of those seem to sneak into every possible kind of food you ever eat around a college campus.

Citrucel comes in capsules that you can take with lots of water so that you can get some quick soluble fiber when presented with questionable food, so you have that soluble fiber cushion in there first.

It does get tiring to always have to worry about food, what's in the food, and whether or not it is going to upset your stomach. Hang in there!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1388 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 674

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review