All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need help FAST!!
      #212106 - 09/09/05 03:03 PM
Meryl36

Reged: 09/03/04
Loc: Dallas, Texas

I've been so good for a while, no tummy problems at all so what do I do, I blow it & eat fatty foods today & now I'm dying. To make matters worse, I have an office function to go to tonight that I can't get out of. My bloated & the gas is TERRIBLE!!! I've tried fennel tea but that's not helping. I have to leave for this party in about 2 hours & not only will my co-workers be there, but their spouses as well. God, I just want to go home & crawl into my comfy shorts & lay down in bed. Any suggestions for fast relief of gas would be greatly appreicated.
thanks
Meryl

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need help FAST!! new
      #212107 - 09/09/05 03:10 PM
vanillabean

Reged: 09/09/05
Loc: Mississippi

Hi Meryl,
I feel your pain, times like you are in are hard!
Have you tried peppermint capsules yet? or peppermint tea?

I found this for IBS caused gas:
Quick Fix 1: Massage Away Gas

If you feel bloated after a meal, yoga or an abdominal massage can ease the discomfort. These practices gently break apart gas bubbles and make it easier for you to release the gas, explains Judith Hanson Lasater, Ph.D., a physical therapist and yoga instructor in San Francisco and author of Living Your Yoga (Rodmell Press, 2000).

Start with Child pose. Kneel on the floor on both knees and sit comfortably on your heels. Spread your knees apart to a comfortable width. Lean forward, round your back slightly, and rest your chest on your thighs. Place your forehead on the floor, and position your arms on the floor alongside your body, palms up and fingers pointing toward your feet. Breathe deeply through your nose for 5 minutes.

I hope things get better!

--------------------
~Jennifer~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wedding date- May 20th, 2006!

Re: Need help FAST!! new
      #212111 - 09/09/05 03:41 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Meryl,

First of all breathe, and remember that no matter how much this sucks, it will pass.

Please don't beat yourself up...instead, try to be as gentle with yourself and your body as possible.

I agree that Yoga is a good idea, as is laying down and breathing/meditating, lighting candles, whatever relaxes you and makes you feel calm and taken care of.

Also, peppermint oil capsules work wonders. You can get them at almost any drugstore or HFS. Ginger is also good for the cramps and gas. Remember that there is nothing wrong with leaving the party early to jump into those comfy shorts...just tell people you aren't "feeling well." That's all they need to know!

Take care of yourself, and let me know how it goes!

Best,

--------------------
Julia

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4771 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 401

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review