All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Is anyone here able to eat any fast food? Like a grilled chicken (m)
      #211758 - 09/08/05 10:46 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

or a salad with grilled chicken if they take a SFS first? I take my kids occasionally and have eaten the grilled chicken sandwiches. Sometimes I tolerate them and other times I don't. (but don't know if that was related to eating the fast food or not) Wondered if it was something I should just avoid or if others can sometimes eat the stuff w/o mayo and other things on the grilled chicken.

Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Is anyone here able to eat any fast food? Like a grilled chicken (m) new
      #211761 - 09/08/05 10:58 AM
Bernie

Reged: 08/27/05

I work 2 jobs and am finding it very hard to have prepared meals around for lunch. What I have been doing is going to either Wendy's or Burger King and getting there grilled chicken sandwich and ordering it with just tomato. McDonalds uses a whole wheat bun for their grilled chicken so I don't go there.
I had an attack this morning but I'm sure that isn't what caused it.

#211764 - 09/08/05 11:04 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I can tolerate grilled ok, and I often get the salads with no problem. But I ALWAYS make sure I have taken my SF before take out of any kind! I've paid dearly when I skipped. I just avoid as much of the fat as possible given my choices...ie. no fries, no cola, grilled if available, salad if available. There are so many choices most places now that it is usually not a problem!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#211766 - 09/08/05 11:11 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I really like New York Burrito and, once in a great while, I go to Subway (not a sandwich fan).

Occasionally, I go to Burger King. I'm able to tolerate the Tendergrill Chicken Sandwich without lettuce or tomatoes. The chicken and bun are safe although they contain MSG, so be careful if you're MSG sensitive. You can see ingredient listings here: BK Ingredients I also prefer it without whatever sauce they're using; right now it's a Honey Mustard Spread, which contains egg yolk (ick!). At BK, you can also order bottled water. Now that I'm stable, I do enjoy the occasional small order of fries, but I definitely would't recommend it to anyone who's sensitive to fat, new at the IBS diet, or is trying to eat healthy.

After checking out Jack in the Box ingredients online, I'm disappointed to report that almost everything--from the chicken to the buns contains dairy. This would explain why, back in college, I would get severe attacks even though I thought I was making safe choices. Also during my college years, I used to frequent Panda Express and order their mushrooms w/ chicken w/ a large side of steamed rice--this was all I ate when the cafeteria didn't have any safer options. I don't recall ever having an attack from it. I haven't eaten at either place in years.

In general, I have problems with every other fast food place. It's only recently (and very rarely) that I've tried eating at BK and New York Burrito.

I only eat Subway new
      #211780 - 09/08/05 12:35 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That's the only fast food I EVER eat... because I know those chicken sandwiches are supposed to be grilled, but I just don't trust them. You can still grill food with a ton of oil, and a lot of restaurants do, so why wouldn't a place like McD's or BK?

So I stick with Subway. I tolerate vegetables really well, so I really pile on the pickles, olives, tomatoes, lettuce, and I can be happy because I'm eating the same thing I would have eaten if I didn't have IBS. (Unlike McD's, where I'd be eating grilled chicken and sulking because I really wanted a Big Mac. LOL!)

#211782 - 09/08/05 12:47 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

Subway Turkey Sandwich - 5 grams of fat and no dairy in the bread.

Pick Up Stix - House Chicken add the veggies you can tolerate - eat with a lot of steamed rice. Usually one dinner gives me an additional three lunches (I just add more rice)

Taco Bell - Chicken taco "Fresco Style" - has no cheese.

Good luck,
Leigh

no way! new
      #211792 - 09/08/05 12:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

It makes me get D right quick! Restaurant grilled chicken is a last resort for me. With BBQ sauce they are pretty safe, watch for wheat buns though.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Burger King has a grilled chicken fillet sandwich with ... new
      #211800 - 09/08/05 01:08 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

less than 7 grams of fat and a honey mustard sauce. I tried it and tolerated it just fine.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Burger king and Wendys have baked potatoes -nt- new
      #211802 - 09/08/05 01:09 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: I only eat Subway new
      #211804 - 09/08/05 01:12 PM
Bernie

Reged: 08/27/05

There is a Subways up the block from work. I never even thought of getting their chicken breast sandwich.
Thanks for the idea!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 338 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30915

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review