All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: So I can just peel the fruit... new
      #212385 - 09/11/05 12:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Thanks! I wish.

I think I answered this above. Cut grapefruits in half and eat each section. Oranges can be cut in half and smashed into your mouth or peeled and eaten in sections. You can also eat canned mandarin oranges.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Cheerios with Rice Milk followed with a SFS, cup of water and then a cup of tummy mint tea-nt new
      #212493 - 09/11/05 09:01 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Wonder if i's the honey... new
      #213018 - 09/13/05 02:48 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

as honey can be a laxative? How much of the stuff does he eat...could also make a diff! I find as women we can eat less (comfortably!) in a sitting. So he is likely getting more honey AND fiber and everything when he eats this...making him GO

Just a thought!

When I was on the IBS diet (hoping to go back...will be in the Fitness Room after I post this!) I ate oatmeal for bf that already had apple chunks in it (Quaker apple and cinammon). I was adding gobs of brown sugar to it.

I might give oatmeal a shot again and add honey since it is a laxative! Just a bit. I will have to buy it plain. Add a bit of honey and maybe some unsweetened applesauce with a bit of cinammon and maybe some more fruit...pureed (can't remember who said they use pureed fruit?) fruit as well. It sounds nutritious! If you can't do oatmeal Beth, maybe adding a bit of dried fruit to whatever cereal you eat for a week and honey another week and see which one feels best on your gut?

I advocate raw honey as it has prebiotiv properties, a laxative effect...so it is actually nutritious AND good for the gut...and I like the taste :-) Also, adding like a tsp. to tea might help move you along too.

What a wonderful post, I learned so much THANKS Beth and everyone *hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie, are you eating gluten again? new
      #213096 - 09/13/05 07:49 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

If so, what made you decide to add it back? I thought you felt better without gluten?

I'm currently trying a diet including some eats and spelt and a little wheat.

Honey is total Fructose. So, wouldn't this be very difficult for us to digest? I know fructose intolerance is very common amongst IBS population and even in people who don't have IBS. It causes bloat and gas, doesn't it? I've been too afraid to add honey to anything because of this.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

I think it can be tolerated in small amounts. new
      #213100 - 09/13/05 08:02 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

I sometimes put a drop in my tea or on a sandwich and it seems to be ok.

Re: Breakfast ideas for Constipation IBS new
      #213887 - 09/16/05 12:06 PM
Lummi Beader

Reged: 08/25/05
Loc: Bellingham, WA

You eat beans???? What kind of beans??? How do you cook them??? I am 54 Native American woman with IBS-C & sometimes D. In my culture my ancestors ate very little flour and I have been told that we are missing a specific gene that can cause us problems.

I have been trying to find out most importantly about diet, but am also trying to find out about what specific gene that people of Native American descent are missing and to see if that may be why many Native Americans seem to have problems with food in AnyCity, USA.

Also, many Native American cultures and other indigenous people the diet that were consumed by the people of hundreds of years ago were not the same as is available today. Many of the digestive teas that I use contain the ingredients that are recommended by Heather, but for me they are easier to find and purchase. But they are made by Traditional Medicinals, which are Native peoples making the teas according to their ancient traditions.

Maybe I was born too late and should have been here 200 years ago, I am learning as I think we all are, even those who are stablilized and doing ok. I just wish that I knew more about the genetics issue for IBS.

Peace and sunshine,
Lummibeader

--------------------
Honor the Creator... Seek peace!!!

Lummibeader
IBS-D with pain
and bloating

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 494 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 40813

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review