All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Shanna's banana bread new
      #212253 - 09/10/05 01:25 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Sure! You can find it here!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

So I can just peel the fruit... new
      #212286 - 09/10/05 06:25 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...section it and eat it with the white skin still holding the fuicy inside pulp in tact? It sounds like you just ate the insides of the grapefruit...But that would be hard to eat that way at work.

Sorry about your egg whites..but I've seen your meals on the fitness board as well as your recipes and you, my dear, are a champion cook! You set the standards high! I always think you eat the best meals! Which you were my chef!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

how to.. new
      #212317 - 09/10/05 11:50 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

little minnie---
you dont have a problem with the citris fruit?? i used to eat grapefruits with breakfast and while i never noticed a problem, i cut them out and have been too afraid to try them again but i would like to add them again since i saw some nice organic ones at whole foods!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Beth new
      #212342 - 09/11/05 08:19 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I asked hub what breakfast most makes him poop, since he is always so in tune with his body and knows what leads to everything that happens to him! It is so annoying. Anyway he says honey nut cheerios makes him go and I asked what he meant and he said it makes -well just what you want. I just thought I would mention it. I think DH is a little weird about food and its effects on his body but maybe he is on to something!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

citrus new
      #212343 - 09/11/05 08:20 AM
Little Minnie

I am fine with it. I don't have trouble with acid or spice or things like that and I think citrus is a good IF.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Honey Nut Cheerios, huh new
      #212353 - 09/11/05 09:23 AM
Augie

It's so funny that you can talk to him about Bowel Movements!

I would never have thought of HNC since it only contains 2 grams fiber...but hey, maybe he is on to something.

Does he have IBS or a problem with Constipation, LM? I guess everyone gets it now and again.

thanks for passing along this info!

--------------------
~ Beth

LM or anyone who eats oranges/grapefruits new
      #212354 - 09/11/05 09:25 AM
Augie

Can anyone answer the question to the above post? I'd be most gracious!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Beth new
      #212363 - 09/11/05 09:46 AM
vanillabean

Reged: 09/09/05
Loc: Mississippi

Quote:

I asked hub what breakfast most makes him poop, since he is always so in tune with his body and knows what leads to everything that happens to him! It is so annoying. Anyway he says honey nut cheerios makes him go and I asked what he meant and he said it makes -well just what you want. I just thought I would mention it. I think DH is a little weird about food and its effects on his body but maybe he is on to something!

This is so strange that you should mention that, and that your husband feels the honey nut cheerios makes him go as well- my fiance has the same problem. he doesnt have IBS or suffer from constipation but he will not eat HNC since they make him "go" shortly after.... strange...

--------------------
~Jennifer~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
wedding date- May 20th, 2006!

Re: Beth new
      #212364 - 09/11/05 09:49 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

My husband won't eat any of the Cheerios cereals for this reason... and nope... no IBS for him either.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Honey Nut Cheerios, huh new
      #212383 - 09/11/05 12:54 PM
Little Minnie

It is weird I know. I was asking him what he thinks would make a severe C person go. He always has these opinions on everything he eats- I am envious. For instance, he knows wraps (like turkey and veggies in tortilla) give him big poop, apple and pears make him gassy and burpy and cherries make him C. He also says fajitas make him very full. He has all sorts of verdicts like this and I wish I knew everything that affected me like that! He doesn't get D or urgency from HNC, just has an urge to go more so than normal the next day or later on. Maybe he should be an IBS expert!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1177 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 40863

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review