All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Michele new
      #211832 - 09/08/05 02:36 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Are you suggesting to add the orange or more fruit in addition to the berries I already eat?

When you eat Raisin Bran, do you eat some SF with it beforehand? Is your bagel whole wheat or white?

I was was concerned my breakfast might be a little too high in IF already. It's hard to find a balance between enough SF to not cause spasms and enough IF to be able to "go".

I'm glad your tummy is behaving for you! You don't need to be dealing with that right now.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

So, where you tooting on the trails?-nt new
      #211833 - 09/08/05 02:38 PM
Augie

And is there a good way to toot? What does toot mean anyhow? Farting? Or should I say, expelling gas!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Breakfast ideas for Constipation IBS new
      #211835 - 09/08/05 02:44 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I usually eat 1/2 cup (uncooked) oat bran made with lite/fat free soymilk and add either unsweetened applesauce or blueberry puree after it's done cooking.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

AC... new
      #211836 - 09/08/05 02:45 PM
Augie

you can do berries and whole wheat bread without an SF, like white bread beforehand?

Do you make your PBJ out of 1/2 white, 1/2 wheat...or just eat whatever kind your in the mood for? Along with your raw fruits. If I remember correctly, you can eat unpeeled apples right? So you can have 2 pieces of whole wheat bread and an unpeeled apple at the same time first thing in the morning?

I know all of our tolerances are different...but it's nice to see how far some stable C people can push the IF!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Breakfast ideas for Constipation IBS new
      #211905 - 09/08/05 09:25 PM
Safari567

Reged: 06/05/05
Loc: Saskatchewan, Canada

Hi! I usually have cheerios with soy milk, maybe some fruit or a piece of toast if I'm still hungry a little later. I instantly get bloated at breakfast but it goes away quickly. I think it helps if I don't eat right when I first get up.

I've been trying to get more IF into my diet at lunch and supper, and it's made a huge difference. I quit zelnorm without reducing the dose, didn't notice any difference, and got really lazy this week and quit taking my acacia. But I've still had a great tummy week! Next to no problems at all. It's such a nice feeling. It probably won't last for long though, I have to go out of town this weekend. When I get back I'll keep eating my veggies and beans, hopefully I can stabilize quickly and keep losing weight!

Re: AC... new
      #211975 - 09/09/05 08:28 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

you can do berries and whole wheat bread without an SF, like white bread beforehand?

Well, I do have acacia (a heaping tablespoon) first thing in the morning, so I do have some soluble fiber in my system. My whole wheat bread is not a grainy one - finely milled whole grains just aren't a trigger for me, I guess. Plus I find that the soy yogurt is very safe and soothing for me, as is the peppermint tea I drink along with my breakfasts.

Quote:

Do you make your PBJ out of 1/2 white, 1/2 wheat...or just eat whatever kind your in the mood for?

Pretty much whatever I am in the mood for. I won't have whole wheat at two meals in a row, though - if I have ww for breakfast, any bread at lunch will be rye or sourdough.

Quote:

Along with your raw fruits. If I remember correctly, you can eat unpeeled apples right? So you can have 2 pieces of whole wheat bread and an unpeeled apple at the same time first thing in the morning?

Yep, but that's when I'm not even close to D and might need an extra kick of IF for my C. More often, I'll keep the apple for lunch and have something softer with breakfast. But if I feel stopped up and I have some good fresh apples around, I eat raw unpeeled ones a lot!

--AC

The bread that isn't grainy... new
      #211978 - 09/09/05 08:39 AM
Augie

..is that the natural ovens whole grain bread?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Michele new
      #211992 - 09/09/05 09:43 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

If you are still C, than yes, I would add an orange or more fruit in addition to the berries you are already eating. If things are moving through ok, then your probably fine where you are!!

Typically if I eat cereal for breakfast, like raisin bran, I won't eat anything else with it. I'll have it with vanilla ricedeam "milk." I do take my miralax and my acacia before I eat so not sure if you'd consider the acacia a SF base or not but it seems to work good for me!

I eat ALL kinda of bagels!! Usually everything bagels or pumpernickle, sometimes plain sometimes wheat, just depends on what I've got a hankering for!!

It is tough to find the balance. Stick with it, you'll find something that works for you!! Hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#212000 - 09/09/05 09:50 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

Quote:

Do you make your PBJ out of 1/2 white, 1/2 wheat...

I can eat PBJ on all white bread, but most of the time I toast it.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#212002 - 09/09/05 09:53 AM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I wish I could have fruit and whole wheat breat. I can have rasin, unpeeled apples, grapes, but that is about it. All the others I have maybe one bit of that is it, or I have bad d.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1343 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 40865

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review