All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Symptom question
      #211298 - 09/06/05 12:32 PM
emily_m

Reged: 09/05/05

I have IBS-D, acid reflux, and a hiatal hernia. I assume that my symptoms come from one or all of these issues.

In addition to the usual IBS and other symptoms, I usually feel very aware of activity in my stomach/intestines and can feel movement in my intestines. When I have to have a BM, I always feel like I could throw up (but I never actually do). I assume it's the pressure.

Do any of you ever have this?

I think it's so great to have this board! Family can be very supportive, but they often don't want to hear about this stuff.
Emily

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Symptom question new
      #211343 - 09/06/05 02:20 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi Emily, and welcome

I can relate to the "moving intestine" thing... that happens to me a lot when my stomach is "gurgling". Sometimes I can even SEE it right around where my colon is on the outside of my body, moving around in there, which is just plain FREAKY, lol...

I pretty much only get the wanting to throw up (but never actually doing it) thing when I'm in the midst of a bad D attack (then it's pretty much guaranteed). Both of these symptoms are pretty normal though, I think.

Yeah the boards are great. Who wouldn't love a place where you can come talk about poo and farts and such freely and without embarassment? lol

#211349 - 09/06/05 02:40 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I am also very aware of movement in my intestines and especially the spasms in my sigmoid colon (left side). Like Laurel, sometimes I can see the movement against my skin. Ugh. It's also very painful.

During bad attacks I may also experience nausea, shakes, fatigue. I think it's the physical stress of having an attack and probably connected to my anxiety problems. Maybe another brain-gut connection? Also, I think that any time you have a functional or non-functional gastrointestinal condition/disease/disorder, you will have additional symptoms such as nausea, bloating, etc.

This is a great board! I think certain family members go to their "special place" when I talk about IBS; they just can't deal with it.

#211383 - 09/06/05 05:48 PM
MaggieMae8847

Reged: 09/06/05

I just joined this site today, did a search for IBS and acid reflux and saw your post. I have not been diagnosed, but I believe I have IBS, had my gall bladder removed, have a hiatal hernia, and I am currently miserable. I have all of the same symptoms you do. If you hear from anyone in answer to your questions, I would like to hear from them as well. A lot of the problems with controlling these things with diet seems to be what is good for IBS may not be good for acid reflux. HELP!!

#211398 - 09/06/05 06:19 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I have nasty acid reflux, too. I either have a huge headache and/or incredible nausea prior to a bm or series of bm's. Like Retrograde, you can see my intestines ripple with waves from outside of my body--but I'm rather thin.

So, as you can see from the replies, you're not alone.
LOL! I know what you mean about others not wanting to hear about it. It's wonderful to have a forum where others can be so helpful.

Kate.

Over-sensitivity of movement in our intestines new
      #211399 - 09/06/05 06:19 PM
egriffin

Reged: 08/16/05

is a definite symptom of IBS...movement that "normal" people can't feel because it is part of our autonomic system...the biggest problem w/ us D's is that when we feel a normal movement...I shouldn't say "we"...when I feel what's considered a normal movement of my digestive system, I immediately wonder if I'm going to have an attack, which triggers a little panic which triggers an attack, which triggers a higher degree of panic which triggers...and so the round robin goes ...When I'm not home, I'm a "cheap date" (don't eat much) because of just such a round robin effect...
The Nausea only comes for me during a particularly bad case of D ...sometimes I think the spasms work there way all the way up to my stomach...
I do have to say that the Hypno tapes are helping me to calm down some...
Blessings to you all!!
Elaine

Re: Over-sensitivity of movement in our intestines new
      #211442 - 09/06/05 08:24 PM
KellyAnn21

Reged: 11/12/04
Loc: PA

I usually feel like I am going to throw up (but i never do)..I get really shaky and faint...I hope you start feeling better and we all know how you feel!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1516 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 770

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review