All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Frosted Mini Wheats...
      #210951 - 09/04/05 06:16 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

I have noticed that Frosted Mini Wheats are really helping me go to the bathroom!! You would think that they wouldnt be good for you, but they have done wonders. I know that now they are putting more fiber in it so maybe that is it. I can honestly say that I can eat a bowl in the morning and within an hour I use the bathroom like a normal person. Even when I visit my parents they always have it ready for me to eat for breakfast and my Mom is always surprised by how well it works.lol Just thought I would share this!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Frosted Mini Wheats... new
      #210955 - 09/04/05 06:22 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Yay for BMs! Thanks for sharing your tip. Tell me, do you eat any SF beforehand? Do you use an SFS at all, or just your D.A.?

How much cereal do you eat and do you eat any fruits with it?

Do you eat whole wheat breads instead of white and brown rice instead of white?

Do you generally not eat SF before the IF? I am still so constipated and losing hope.

#210957 - 09/04/05 06:31 PM
SCgirl

Usually I just wake up and have a regular bowl of FMWs. No fruit or anything on top(never been a big fan with my cereal). I also take Miralax but I am weening myself off of it. I was taking DA but people have made me realize that the artifical sweetners in it are bad for me so I am going to try and order it online and hopefully they will eventually sell it in the stores. I used to be on Zelnorm and it always had wacky effects like D and cramps..so I only take it if I absolutely have to. As for the other fiber, I always try to have a fairly high fiber diet and take Fibercon and things like that if I think I am not getting enough. Hope this helps, I know how you feel!! Go out and buy you some Frosted Mini Wheats and try it!! Give it a couple days..hope it works!

#210959 - 09/04/05 06:39 PM
Cyndy

I looked for the caplets in the store today because they were listed on CVS.com, but the CVS store didn't have them. They did have the D.A. for chrones in caplets without the Artificial Sweeteners, so maybe they will start stocking them in the stores. I hope so.

Do you eat wheat breads and eat SF before your meals? I'm still not sure on this one. You said you tried to eat a high fiber diet, but does that mean SF and IF with the SF coming before the IF?

Sorry to bug ya...just was wondering.

#210960 - 09/04/05 06:41 PM
Sidewalker

Reged: 01/04/05

ya i agree with you - but you might want to get frosted mini wheats from trader joes. the regular, mainstream mini wheats (from kellogs i think) are loaded with processed and refined ingredients that arent good for you

#210961 - 09/04/05 06:44 PM
SCgirl

Oh its ok to bug me!lol I dont have anything to do tonight!! I eat wheat bread(which I know most people can not eat). As for the SF and IF..and I am really bad with eating one before the other. If you know what I mean. I simply eat what I want to eat and take my capsules in the morning and sometimes at night in no particular order. I hope that makes sense...but definitely if you can find the DA with the sweetners go for it! With that I pretty much just ate whatever I wanted!! It was great. Let me know if you are still confused.

#210963 - 09/04/05 06:46 PM
SCgirl

Never heard of Trader Joes??lol Is that like an off brand or health brand?? sorry..

Trader Joes new
      #210965 - 09/04/05 07:04 PM
Cyndy

...the name of an awesome store that sells good food for low prices! They sell a lot of healthy and natural foods, and some organics without the cost of obnoxiously overpriced wholesome food stores.

Trader Joes is the best!

what capsules are you talking about? new
      #210967 - 09/04/05 07:10 PM
Cyndy

Are you referring to the Fibercon you take? You take those in the morning?

It sounds like you don't really rely on an SFS at all. Maybe take it, maybe not...I hope I can get things "going" au natural because I have a hard time taking the fiber supplements. That's why I think it is imperative to increase my food fiber.

Oh, you meant if I could find the D.A. without the Artificial sweetener to try that one, not the one with the Artif. Sweeteners?

Re: what capsules are you talking about? new
      #211099 - 09/05/05 04:23 PM
SCgirl

I have taken Fibercon, Metumucil, you name it. Yea I have tried to get where I dont rely on them as much because they do make me feel more bloated than I usually do. The only reason I said something about the D.A. with the sweetners in it is because people have been talking about how they are so bad for you and its better to get them without it. They havent really effected me so far so I am will just keep taking the old box I have and then try and order the next box without the sweetners. Hope you are feeling better! By the way...if you ever want to talk I am on the IM alot and my screen name is KelseyGr.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 478 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7425

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review