All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: IBS /Hair Question - need advice new
      #210707 - 09/02/05 12:51 PM
angela3

Reged: 07/12/04
Loc: Texas, near Fort Worth)

I take a vitamin supplement called Andrew Lessman's Healthy Hair Skin and Nails from the Home Shopping Network (hsn.com) It contains biotin and silicon and other vitamins that help your hair. I think they have really helped my hair and nails, since the IBS diet is limited on the nutrients that my hair needs, it is a good supplement. Expensive though, because biotin is not cheap. You can find cheaper versions of a similiar product, but that is because they only put a few micrograms of Biotin, whereas the Andrew Lessman brand has 2500 mcg. Plus he doesn't put any additives that would upset your stomach. Really, all of his products are a dream for an IBSers because he puts no additives and grinds every vitamin into an easily digestible powder.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Mine's growing like a weed, again! new
      #210719 - 09/02/05 01:46 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

You could give it a 2 month trial, I suppose, and see if it makes a difference. Also, upping the silica intake in your diet might make a difference. I take the gel--it's called "Collidal Silica Gel" and available at the HFS. You can get it in capsule form as well. I think it's a combination of a diet high in silica as well as the gel.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Mine's growing like a weed, again! new
      #210720 - 09/02/05 01:49 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Do a search re: silica for a more comprehensive list, etc. I eat a ton of spinach which is a major source.

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7394 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3063

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review