All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: clarification on the Puffins cereal new
      #210919 - 09/04/05 12:11 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

IVE SEEN THOSE!! the puffins bird is so cute! i have to make sure those cereals arent sweetened with honey [not vegan] before i buy but if they arent then ill load up! i love little cereal especially the kinds for "baby hands" [you know the commercials that say "just right for little hands"] i like to put cereal in a baggie and then munch on it dry sometimes too. puffins is good for this i take it?? groovy! what other flavors?

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yummy pizza! new
      #210921 - 09/04/05 12:28 PM
little bear

the soy cheese is actually casien free! the brand is called follow your heart: vegan cheese alternative it melts just like real cheese! the only problem is its just as fattening i think---> how fattening is real cheese??

my BF usually makes the pizza. but ive made it twice all by myself!! to start the dough, mix flour, olive oil, sugar, little salt, agave [honey-sub] yeast and warm water until you get a dough. [note: all ingredients are organic/vegan] roll out dough into pizza shape and flour. for sauce, its a homemade recipe from croatia but its basically tomatoes, tomato sauce, parsley and basil and some olive oil. puree that and spread onto rolled-out dough. our toppings are vegan creamcheese, organic fakin bacon, the cheese of course which also comes in mozzerella, diced zucchini, red peppers, onions and tomatoes. crumbled vegan burger on top and spices and POP in the oven [455 temp] for about 20-25 min. it is *sooooo* good!

i liked what you said about the cereals. i used to be eating kashi strawberry fields which has minimal fiber. so i switched to high-fiber and found i was "going" better. maybe i need a middle. a cereal with a medium amount between 2-10 grams. my cereals have 10-11 grams of fiber alone! in one serving too!!

i really want to go to a doctor to be checked out and updated just so iknow everything is all right. colon problems are so scary and i would be so frightened if i found out i had a more serious problem and i wasnt treating it effectivly. i was diagnosed at 17 with IBS/C after doing tests from age 16-18 [the tests @ 18 were more for comfort reasons as well] HEY do you know any good chicago doctors? do you visit a naturepath? one was recommended to me but i dont know how to find her. i only have her name LOL!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

*GASP!* new
      #210922 - 09/04/05 12:31 PM
little bear

THAT *ALWAYS* HAPPENS TO ME!! i would never want to talk about when i was finally having BMs at the risk of losing them again. maybe the longest ive ever been perfectly stable was for 3-4 days in a row. i had flat tummy, no gas, and perfect BMs. i remember that that time in my life was a time when i was really really happy. sometimes i think this disease is more of a feeling-basis and that your feelings really effect it, since its a brain-gut disfunction. im sorry you lost your BMs--i hope they come back!!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: hmmm--- new
      #210923 - 09/04/05 12:31 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Ashley, I love your energy! The enzymes I normally use are made by SISU. There are some odd accents above the "I" and the "U" They are vegetarian. They even have fennel seed in them!

Confession: I've tried Green Powders/drinks and I honestly wasn't too impressed. I think they were trendy for awhile, but the trend has passed.

I love steamed zucchini! It's great grilled or broiled, too! (It just hasn't been very available around here for the past 2 weeks. The ones that are available are "old"--rubbery, not firm, and wrinkled.

Re: How do I select veggies/greens? Do you mean, how do I know what's "good" i.e. "fresh?" Or how do I choose what to eat in general, veggie-wise? The freshness factor is obvious. I generally shop with an "eye" guide so as not to get distracted. Also, it varies weekly based on my mood/tummy, prices, and availability. Baby spinach is easy--1kg bags from Cost Co. I'm on a salad kick, so Mixed Greens from there. In the spring/summer/early autumn, I go to a Farmer's Market. I get mushrooms from a farm at a deal when I'm on a mushroom kick (I have been for the past 2 weeks).

Re: preparation. I generally steam or steam fry or boil or grill or broil or saute in broth.

You're welcome to email me for more info. etc. My email is:
katenowak@msn.com

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: hmmm--- new
      #210924 - 09/04/05 12:39 PM
little bear

haha thanks!

i guess i meant both ways---i hate when the zucchinis are like that too! in fact, i was anticipating enjoying one last night [as i did] only it was wrinkly too! at the end--ew! i thought there was one more hiding in the fridge somewhere....

whole foods is where i mainly shop for any kind of food. and i think they take advantage of organic-shoppers b/c they know theyll pay the high prices! i end up doing it too but its okay. i was thinking of adding in some more squashes, maybe a butternut squash? or a yellow one. have you tried those before?? i LOVE to boil green chard and mash it with potatoes how do you make "faux-tatoes"? i see you eat those alot! does the califlower bother you with gas?? i think i used to like it but gave it up for that reason.

i agree with the trendiness of health. speaking of, that barely juice i found is $15.95!!! the bottle is maybe 6 ounces. thats why i was really waiting until it was something i wanted to try. didnt wanna spend that much if i was only gonna use it once. i just really would like to add more fruits/veggies--esp veggies into my diet. i eat mostly breads/cereals so i *could see* why i may still be constipated. im ashlynwondrland@yahoo.com if you ever want some recipes!! ive been experimenting with my scone recipe and took it pretty far! i think ive closed to mastered it hehe

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: little Bear, I'll email you soon! new
      #210966 - 09/04/05 07:06 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

We're wasting too much space on the board, I fear! Let's communicate via email, soon.

Squash is excellent SF and so versatile. Great sauce material. Great on it's own. Once I made squash herbed 'croutons!' Truly, I just love chard on it's own, with a robust vinaigrette, as a type of salad. I've also used chard leaves as a kind of wrapper (cooked, of course). Great alternative to cabbage for cabbage rolls or as a bread substitute. Also great as a filling or sauce. I prefer it pureed. Great as a dip base/spinach alternative.

Actually, the 'faux-tatoes' (cauliflower) don't give me a bit of gas. Is it the enzymes? The mode of preparation? I'm not sure, but they don't give me a twinge of gas. It's basically steamed or boiled cauliflower that's pureed. Add in whatever enhancements/flavours you desire. I even use it as a thick sauce or filling/casserole type thing. I know you'd love it with soy cheese or lowfat tofu. I lends well to spicy/curry flavours if in the mood. Lots of biotin!

So, instead of taking up too much board space, I'll email you.

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: little Bear, I'll email you soon! new
      #210969 - 09/04/05 07:11 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Kate,
Could you share the recipe on the recipe boards? Sounds good!

Mandy

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2353 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8479

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review