Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Linz!!!!!! new
      #210817 - 09/03/05 12:02 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey Beth.

Yeah I got more general bloat from psyllium as well as a reaction straight after taking it. It's just something to consider if bloat is a troublesome issue. I'd replace it with equal amounts of SF from another SFS you're taking and try to eat more IF safely.

I only need to start the day with a little bit of SF (ie. not a full brekkie) when I'm feeling particularly bad...and then I'll have a bit of applesauce, or Acacia in some soy milk, something tiny like that to gently wake my tum up. I know quite a few people (Casey?) do a regular pre-breakfast.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I found it was the Acacia doing it to me... new
      #210828 - 09/03/05 03:07 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I was prepping for my colonoscopy and had to stop all my fiber and felt better than I had in months. I'm not saying Acacia is bad, I think I just didn't need it anymore because my D was under control. I think the EXTREME (and I do mean extreme) gas and bloting was my bodies way of telling me I was getting tooo much fiber. I've noticed if I still have too much fiber (in everyday foods) I still have a bit of a reaction, but not nearly as bad. I know that if I have a D attack, I'll definitely go back on it until I'm stable though. I still drink lots of teas and find that if I'm having a gassy moment, the fennel now works way better than it did when I was still using acacia.

HTH Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

Re: I found it was the Acacia doing it to me... new
      #210835 - 09/03/05 04:24 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i too had wondered that about the acacia...i used to be taking, maybe 3 tablespoons??? and i noticed i felt too inflated to wanna move. i went down to 2 coffee-spoons worth and noticed way less gas/bloat. i really think [for Cs] acacia works the best in eliminating the side-problems. it doesnt really make me have bowel movements as it makes me feel more comfortable when i dont have them. i do agree that i feel that way though when i have too much fiber and not enough water. just something you learn as you go!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: Little Bear??? new
      #210837 - 09/03/05 04:30 PM
little bear

nothing too much--i guess i just havent been able to get out as much. there just doesnt seem to be much to do except walk the dog. i go on walks and bikerides but its not the same i think i just generally felt better in croatia b/c it was so beautiful there. and part of me still felt that way even in croatia, i just wasnt always able to post. and plus there isnt so much body image pressure there. at least i think theres too much here. anyways thanks for always peeking at my posts. it means alot that you reply. i feel really bad for posting what i do post since in my food posts, i dont let on that im bothered by little things i hope it doesnt upset you or any one else going thru the same thing. i always think its gonna what do you do in chicago for fun?

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: hmmm--- new
      #210839 - 09/03/05 04:35 PM
little bear

its fun to be almost stable and yes, water does rock for breakfast.

what type of enzymes do you take? that was plan H on my list if psyllium failed LOL. i saw this stir-in powder @ a healthfood store that had proprietary blends of both SF and IF that was also organic. i could hold off that if you have a good enzyme brand i had *briefly* looked into them--

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: I was just coming back to add the same thought about the psyllium new
      #210841 - 09/03/05 04:42 PM
little bear

hey--
no actually im not losing any weight! its strange, my number says low, but i have actually gained maybe 2 pounds? i eat alot though in my days but its usually at night and most of the times, after ive posted my food. im just too lazy to go back and edit it! but usually i eat vegan pizza almost--every night! which is the equivilant to reg.pizza, only dairy-free. i can eat maybe 6 squares before im full! im too scared to cut back on the psyllium b/c i dont want to be in pain

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

clarification on the Puffins cereal new
      #210844 - 09/03/05 04:52 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Just wanted to say the Cinnamon flavor is the one with 6 grams of fiber (corn meal and corn bran). The original flavor has 5 grams of fiber (corn four and corn bran flour)...so I don't know if one is safer than the other?

Does anyone else know?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

No worries, Little Bear! new
      #210846 - 09/03/05 04:57 PM
Augie

Don't worry about upsetting anyone with your posts, silly woman! That's what the board is for! I don't get influenced by how much other people are eating. I don't restrict anymore and don't feel guilty if I eat more than others. I know I still need to gain weight and have energy!

I don't do anything in Chicago for fun! I'm in the suburbs and don't go into the city at all. Do you actually live right in the city? I'm boring and live a boring life! Hey, do you live in an apartment that allows dogs? That would be awesome. I want a dog so badly. My landlord won't even let me have a cat.

--------------------
~ Beth

Yummy pizza! new
      #210848 - 09/03/05 05:07 PM
Augie

I suppose you use soy cheese and I am too scared to try soy because of the gas....I already have enough and don't want to risk getting more with a food that may cause it. Too bad, because it would allow more foods. How do you make your pizza?

Have you thought about eliminating the soy or the casein in the cheese could be a problem.

What do you think about the feedback about the cereals?

I know what you mean about reducing the psyllium. I feel the same way. I think it is causing more gas and bloat, but I am also able to have a little better BM output which helps that type of pain..but not the pain of spasms and gas.

--------------------
~ Beth

How many fiber grams of Acacia .... new
      #210850 - 09/03/05 05:12 PM
Augie

..does that equal? What do you mean by "it helps with the "side-problems"?

Maybe if you cut out the Acacia altogether, it would help the bloat/gas even more. Just a thought.

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4466 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8536

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review