All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: New Fiber supplement .. "Super Seed" new
      #215329 - 09/23/05 04:03 AM

Unregistered

Having looked up the page on Super Seed - I am absolutely amazed that you would consider this as the first line in the description is " provides a balance of soluble and insoluble fiber". If I want insoluble fiber there are plenty of healthy foods I could eat - I certainly do not think this would be helpful for those of us who are d prominent.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Here's the dose and fiber amount new
      #215331 - 09/23/05 04:53 AM
MomOfBoyz

Reged: 04/21/05

If anyone decides to try this, let me know if it works. It sounds like gas in a canister to me, but you never know.

Re: New Fiber supplement .. "Super Seed" new
      #215345 - 09/23/05 06:22 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

This did not work for me AT ALL!!!!! But, I'm IBS-D. It did form my stools but I felt like I had to go all the time and it was HORRIBLE!!!! I was taking this for about 3 months before I found Heather's site. I will never go back to that stuff, ever. But, if your IBS-C it actaully may help because it made me have to go ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!
Best Wishes!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Did it make you gassy? How much were you going? new
      #215351 - 09/23/05 06:59 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

I would love to go all the time, but how much are you talking about? Is that the only bad thing about it? Did it taste nasty? How did you take it?

Jessica

Re: Did it make you gassy? How much were you going? new
      #215363 - 09/23/05 07:58 AM
anlikerm

It was thick and very gritty because it has flax seeds in it and all kinds of other fibers that the "usual" fibers don't have. But, it didn't tast all that gross to me because it has cinnamon in it. I was taking it by the directions on the bottle. I think it was 3 scoops a day, divided up. So, every 6 hours, basically. Like 9:00am, 3:00pm and 9:00pm. That's the way I take all of my fibers. So, yea, the first day I only took half of what it said and you know the drill........slowly work your way up....but, I worked my way up pretty quickly because I feel horrible without fiber in my system. If you want to have to go all the time, take this stuff!!! I'm pretty sure it will move things along for you but it's, of course "Garden of Life", so it's kind of expensive.
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Did it make you gassy? How much were you going? new
      #215364 - 09/23/05 08:00 AM
anlikerm

Oh, I forgot to tell you that it did not make me gassy at all. Not like the fiber I'm taking now. It just went through my system too fast......wayyyyy to fast. I would have to go about 3-6 times in the morning, again in the afteroon........everytime I put something in my mouth I had to go. Everytime I took it, I had to go. But, no, I was not gassy at all.....Strange for me, because I get gassy from anything!!!!
Hope this helps, but everyone is different...
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Just started Super Seed new
      #218843 - 10/11/05 06:53 AM
jessica28

Reged: 08/10/04
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

For those who were curious, I just started this stuff...I'm on a low dose, just started it yesterday, but my stools were already noticeably better this morning, in addition to my miralax. It doesn't taste half as bad as most of those fancy fibers. It has a cinnamon taste to it, so I'm mixing it with juice and have no problems swallowing it. I even mixed some in my oatmeal and it just made it taste like cinnamon oatmeal. I'm doing only half dose right now, so as I go along I will let you know what I think. It hasn't given me any extra gas..yet...

Jessica

Keep us updated! new
      #218851 - 10/11/05 07:20 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I hope this works for you! The ingredients scared me...and the problem is you can't just start with a small container. You have to buy that whomping big jar!

Please let us know how it goes for you, Jessica! It would give us another option to try! Good luck and thanks for posting!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Just started Super Seed new
      #219369 - 10/13/05 12:36 PM
crew

Reged: 06/24/05

OOoOoOoOOo Cinnamon eh? Yes, please DO keep us updated! Good luck!

How's it going with Super Seed, Jessica?-nt new
      #220270 - 10/19/05 11:27 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 183 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2659

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review